Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: chunder]
    #1703978 - 07/10/03 08:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possesed me then.

And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them... it is the holocaust."

And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!"

Can I get an amen?
Can I get a hallelujah?

Thank you Jesus.

~Disgustipated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: Grav]
    #1704003 - 07/10/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

No offense, but I think that it is funny that everybody wants Christians to respect other religions, yet nobody seems to respect Christianity. Am I forcing anybody to listen to me? I came hoping to find somebody willing to hear. I am sorry to sound so mean, and I apologize if I have hurt anyone's feelings. I will continue to be hear if anyone wants to search deeper...

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: Funguy]
    #1704026 - 07/10/03 08:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I am not referring to all christians but how can you respect anybody that tells you their way is the one true way?

That's not very healthy communication.

I don't feel any hostility towards christains at all, I'm just not going to waste my time listening to the ones that preach.

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

#1704093 - 07/10/03 09:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry, but that is the basis of our faith. By the way, I hate the word "religion." To me it sounds so fake. Being a Christian is incredibly hard, but even then, it is not about a religion, it is a relationship. Let me post my testimony...

When I was ten years old, I knew a little girl that was severly disabled. My mom knew her mother, who was a teacher at a local school (as was my mom). The little girl was going to die in a few months, and this broke my heart. I wanted to know where she would go when she died, and I wished I could take her place. My mom told me that she had been disabled both physically and mentally since childbirth, so she would go to heaven when she died. Then I asked about our preacher, because he had just been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I didn't want him to die either, I wished I could take his place so he could live with his family. My mom told me that Jesus had done that very thing, not just for him or me, but for everybody. Jesus took the sin of the whole world upon his shoulders, so that we may live in heaven when we die. At first I was ashamed, why would a perfect man die for me, a bad little 10 year old boy. I imagined the torture he went through, being beaten, spit upon, and crucified by the people he was sent to save. But even with people cursing him, he asked his Father to forgive them. I do not deserve to be a Christian, I deserve to go to Hell. But God actually loved me, and you, everybody enough to send his son to die for all of us! He won't make you accept him, it is your decision. If I am wrong, I lived a good life and have nothing to lose in the end. But what if, just if, you could be wrong?

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #1704144 - 07/10/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"Sorry, but that is the basis of our faith."

Your faith. ; )

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1704169 - 07/10/03 09:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Funguy said: I do not deserve to be a Christian, I deserve to go to Hell. But God actually loved me, and you, everybody enough to send his son to die for all of us! He won't make you accept him, it is your decision. If I am wrong, I lived a good life and have nothing to lose in the end. But what if, just if, you could be wrong?

I think it's great that you have found comfort in your spirituality, and I fully respect your ability to make whatever decision you want. I grew up Christian, and so I understand that it is difficult to be Christian when a lot of people aren?t. However, I disagree with the guilt and shame, the idea that we are awful sinners, and that the only way to get past that is to accept that Jesus died so that we could be forgiven. To me, it has been a psychologically unhealthy mentality, but again, that?s me. You have every right to believe and see things in whatever way you want to.

And please, LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES!!!!

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: Twirling]
    #1704197 - 07/10/03 09:35 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Funguy, just out of curiousity, do you still believe in hell?

And do you believe someone who does not worship the christian god will go to hell?

Offlinedawn of a new day
un inglohablante

Loc: Earth
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: World Spirit]
    #1704216 - 07/10/03 09:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think it is pretty ridiculous for you to get on here and preach to all of us about being saved. I see religion as a very personal thing, and would not ever consider pushing my beliefs on another, but that is merely a preference. You can obviously do as you wish. I don't think that there is anything wrong with telling others about something that you feel is doing good things for you, but you don't need to do it with such a righteous attitude. That is what causes many people to lose respect for you. I respect your beliefs and have no problem with whatever you want to worship, but if you would like to tell others about it, it would probably help to do it in a friendlier and more casual way.

--------------------
"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?"
- Bill Hicks

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

#1704227 - 07/10/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'd be lying if I said no. I know that I cannot prove the existence or non-existence of Hell. Just like I cannot prove the existence of Heaven or that Christianity is real. But I go by the faith that I have in my heart, and also by the information I have read in the Bible, and the book by Josh McDowell. If you want to know the truth behind Christianity, I recommend reading it. I'll even send you a free copy.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: dawn of a new day]
    #1704228 - 07/10/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I agree.

Enter, you really need to work on your approach if your gonna get any converts. :wink:

Offlinedawn of a new day
un inglohablante

Loc: Earth
    #1704243 - 07/10/03 09:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

How are you so sure that Josh McDowell knows "the truth" about Christianity?

--------------------
"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?"
- Bill Hicks

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: dawn of a new day]
    #1704252 - 07/10/03 09:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Duh, because he was a skeptic beforehand! That has to make it the truth.

sarcasm.
tired.
bed.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: Zahid]
    #1704405 - 07/10/03 10:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Eternal life is overrated anyway.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1704413 - 07/10/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Deep down, how many of you have a void in your heart, one that cannot be filled with anything. Only one thing can fill that hole, Jesus.

I used to have that void, but it didn't take Jesus to fill it. All it took was 5 grams of the sacred mushrooms.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1704432 - 07/10/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

No offense, but I think that it is funny that everybody wants Christians to respect other religions, yet nobody seems to respect Christianity.

I respect Christians who are open-minded towards other religions. I have great respect for my grandfather, who is a Christian, and that respect isn't just because of my relation to him. He is one of the most progressive, thoughtful Christians I have ever met. He has studied several other world religions, published books of theology, and has a fascinating worldview. I don't have much respect for Christians who believe that they alone know the key to salvation, and that the rest of us are going to perish, no matter how good we are as people.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: silversoul7]
    #1704521 - 07/10/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

so why does acknowledging that christianity is one of many valid religions make it less valid? Why can't you be christiian but at the same time understand there are other religions out there as well?

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: Twirling]
    #1704571 - 07/11/03 12:11 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"To me, it has been a psychologically unhealthy mentality"
To the subject off hell:
I concur, I was raised same as you(religion wise) and I find it horrible that parents raise kids and instill these values upon them. I dont think its right for anyone to tell a kid if they arent good, god will send them to hell. Kids arent smart enough to realize they have a choice sometimes, especially at a young age, and with something they dont even understand(and not even kid kids, but teenagers). Basicly, I feel, a LARGE majority of christians today are still christians because of this deep rooted subconcious fear of eternal damnation(wether even realized, or not), that all began at a yound age... I dont know who said it, but roughly qouting someone on the shroomery "its mass phsycosis".... Dont get me wrong, I beleive in "god" but sure as hell not as christianity portrays him. Im sorry that your god will allow people do go to hell... and dont give me the " GOD doesent send people to hell, people send themselves" speal, cause ive heard 16 years of it ; )

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: trendal]
    #1704788 - 07/11/03 01:27 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: World Spirit]
    #1704813 - 07/11/03 01:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1704875 - 07/11/03 01:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

no, the only person that has the power to save is Thom Yorke, everyone knows that.

The little pixie sure saved me... :grin:

Phew! for a minute there I lost myself! 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract