Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Popcorn jars. Ready to case? *Pictures*
    #1703149 - 07/10/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Hi, I met that silly goose growing mycellium on popcorn for the first time.  She has 4 pint jars that were inoculated with spore syringes 15 days ago. It took 4 days for spore to germinate so the mycellium is colonizing since 11 days.

Now the jars doesn't seem to show any more growth since the last 4 days.  It was lightning fast at start and now it looks stuck.  The silly goose told me that she saw pictures of 100% colonized popcorn jars in the past and remembers that popcorn use to be fully covered by mycellium when they are 100% done. 

This is not the case with her jars. The strain is EQ. Jars were shaken 2 times so far and cannot be shaken again since the mycellium makes the popcorn stick together.

Here are some pics for you.  Top of jars is covered with fluffy clouds of mycellium while rest of popcorn is still visible threw myc.

Are these jars ready to be cased ?

Thanks, again, for your precious help.  :thumbup:

.fs.   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Popcorn jars. Ready to case? *Pictures* [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1703165 - 07/10/03 03:28 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

case them and stop shaking your f-ing jars so much

at least thats what kramer says

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Re: Popcorn jars. Ready to case? *Pictures* [Re: george castanza]
    #1703172 - 07/10/03 03:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I just shooked them twice every 4-5 days. don't think it's too much..

Thanks for advice.

OfflineTOTALQAOS
UNI-Evo

Loc: MILKYWAY GALAXY
    #1703180 - 07/10/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

those jars will case,,, my other-self cased jars of brf that were only bout 60% done w/ no problems!!!

--------------------
An' if you swallow too many of the magic mushrooms/ whoops! --did i say magic mushrooms/
I ment fungus/Your tounge gets swoll'd up like a cows tounge/(How come?) /Cuz it comes from a cows dung!!! "EMINEM"

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: Popcorn jars. Ready to case? *Pictures* [Re: TOTALQAOS]
    #1704303 - 07/10/03 10:17 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Case that shit, those are all set. Wiat a few days if you want it to get stronger but you can proceed with casing, it's 100%. And when you break it up, don't worry if it doesn't look colonized on the inside, it will be. only 60% of the kernel colonizes at first.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflineZodiacz
Simply Amazing
Loc: Over Here Now
    #1704346 - 07/10/03 10:31 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Case it up! They are good to go...Popcorn don't need to be shaken up more than once after it starts colonizing the jar. Shaking a few times just breaks the mycelial threads and with popcorn it dont always fluff up so good again. Besides once the shit turns white you want to case it and let it grow in the casing tray anyway. :mushroom2: 

--------------------
YUM YUM EAT EM UP !

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1704829 - 07/11/03 01:41 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Re: Popcorn jars. Ready to case? *Pictures* [Re: Alien]
    #1706305 - 07/11/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, this popcorn was from the grocery store. Plain normal brown popcorn, no salt of anything. Worked good.

Why yours from grocery doesn't work well? Does it have salt or something? That's weird...

.fs.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #1706708 - 07/11/03 05:39 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

so, did you case it? that looked like awesome popcorn spawn, i agree with the other applauders in this thread. good work  :thumbup:

*update bump ?* :loveeyes: (shirley makes mental note to try popcorn) 

--------------------
buh

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: Popcorn jars. Ready to case? *Pictures* [Re: shirley knott]
    #1706741 - 07/11/03 05:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That silly goose sure has a funny looking hand...er, wing :tongue:

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Edited by neutralizer (07/11/03 07:01 PM)

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: Popcorn jars. Ready to case? *Pictures* [Re: neutralizer]
    #1706764 - 07/11/03 06:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You can use standard grocery store popcorn. It doesn't really vary in grades that much, because it has to be upto par for human consumption so it's not like they can put tons of fungicides and shit. You can get white popcorn from health food stores though, in different colors even!

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Re: Popcorn jars. Ready to case? *Pictures* [Re: lemunhed]
    #1706845 - 07/11/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well, there were not cased yet. That silly goose is, as i'm writing, sterilizing some coco coir/verm and wet verm in the PC.  She's just trying that out and has no idea if it's a good thing to do to seal some wet verm in a quart jar and sterilize it with the PC. She'll find out pretty soon.

She absolutely wants to sterilize her verm (for the bottom layer) cuz she had so many contam problems recently with her casings. They were actually contaminating from the bottom! Since she's still quite new to the casing process, she wants to try again with better sterilization techniques.

A good thing for her, the popcorn jar showed in the pictures was inoculated with her first home-made syringe and it seems like it was well-done!  On the other hand, she also inoculated 4 more pint jars with a purchased Koh Samui syringe that is known to be viable and after more than 2 weeks, the spores didn't germinate yet.

So in brief, when the project started, that silly goose was expecting something like this :

1- 4 popcorn jars inoculated with her first home-made EQ syringe : 4 contaminated jars after 15 days.

2- 4 popcorn jars inoculated with a purchased Koh Samui syringe : 4 fully and healty colonized jars after 15 days.

She was so out of track...

aww,  that silly goose...

:laugh:

.fs.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale