Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
how the hell did that happen?
    #1703565 - 07/10/03 07:37 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

After being kicked off the field i often hunted at. i grabbed some fresh horse shit and put it in a bag, and dropped it in my trunk. 2 days later i said to myself "oh shit, the shit!" when i took it out of my car it had about 8 mushrooms growing on it. nothing i hadnt seen in abundance, so i tossed the bag in the backyard to dry out. well it rained alot, and it didnt dry out. as a matter of fact, it probably got reallt really humid, because when i checked on it today, it had about 30-50 pins popping off. even from this early stage i can tell its not the same mushie that grew in my trunk. wow i didnt know this stuff could grow so easily. so, i dropped the whole thing in a 85% humidity enviornment. well see what happens to em. ill post pics when i need help with an id.
peace!
:mushroom2:zippoz :mushroom2: 

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: how the hell did that happen? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1703696 - 07/10/03 08:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

sometimes things like that will happen. the reason there was a different type of mushroom growing the second time is that there where at least two species of mushroom mycelia present and the first may have been in better conditions to fruit in your trunk and the second may have taken better to the rain outside. as a rule mushrooms aren't that easy to grow, but sometimes they have a will of thier own.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: how the hell did that happen? [Re: canid]
    #1705170 - 07/11/03 07:50 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

so, not 12 hours ago i dropped them in the humidity chamber, and theres about 60 or so mushies poppin off. and about 40 more pins. wow, although these do look to be the same as the others.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineZodiacz
Simply Amazing
Loc: Over Here Now
    #1705574 - 07/11/03 01:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Let's see some pictures if you can? :eyemouth: 

--------------------
YUM YUM EAT EM UP !

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1705802 - 07/11/03 02:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I bet you that they are some sort of Coprinus. Coprinus fruit in heavy numbers like that.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification