Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
To the Christians; From Enter
    #1703013 - 07/10/03 02:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: World Spirit]
    #1703038 - 07/10/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

What gives him the power to save me? From what? I say that the only one that has the power to save is Maynard Keenan from Tool. You know how you can know it is true, his message is the Truth? Because I tell you that it is. "I tell you this, and it is true".
Ask anyone that I hang out with. Maynard = God. When talking about him, I frequently refer to him as God. Have you ever heard his gospel? Listen to Lateralus. You know it is true, because I tell you.
(detecting traces of ironic sarcasm. i do, however, refer to Maynard as God, and what he has to say, but I think it is obvious what I am saying here)
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1703062 - 07/10/03 02:59 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Edited by Enter (07/10/03 03:00 PM)

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1703068 - 07/10/03 03:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

fireworks: "the only one that has the power to save is Maynard Keenan from Tool."

no, the only person that has the power to save is Thom Yorke, everyone knows that.

Mr. Lif: "pick your saviour nigga, jesus michael or joseph"

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1703072 - 07/10/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Please allow them the opportunity to work out whatever it is God gives them to work out.

Can you provide more details?

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: pattern]
    #1703087 - 07/10/03 03:06 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: pattern]
    #1703126 - 07/10/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Um, who decides who message has a point? I say the message you are telling me is right doesn't have a point. It's nice to believe in something, whatever that might be. But to impose that belief on other people, I don't know. It's one thing to explain ones beliefs for other people to read and find their own meaning in what is said. It is another thing to argue that your belief is the correct one, without even explaining the belief or even why you believe it, and then "convince" everyone that it must be true because you say that it is true.

And, since you brought it up, Tool has a lot of melodies. Maynard is one of the most melodic singers in the metal world today. Tool's music is very talented, sounds great, and has a real message that gives it purpose. Now, I can't vouch for Roger Waters, and John Lennon died before ever having the chance to hear Tool, but I know no other than Alex Lifeson, the guitarist for Rush (come on now, everyone knows Rush. similar to Pink Floyd, never made it quite that big, but nevertheless), has spoken volumes of good about Tool (Rush and PInk Floyd being one of Tool's big influences). Its funny how Tool is so often described as our time's Pink Floyd. Call Roger Waters up, and ask him his opinion on Tool. Instead of just assuming that he doesn't like it. Assumptions are of the Devil!!!
Oh, by the way, who the FUCK are you to say whether not Maynard is condemned?! What's up now? hehe
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1703374 - 07/10/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Salvation is eternal life - the unsaved do not get eternal life, they do not even exist after they die physically. No biggy for them, because that is what they have believed all their lives. I believe in the Living God, Ultimate reality. Salvation is to learn to appreciate God on your own. He is there for anyone, and the extent of His mercy can bring a grown man to tears. "You come to Me walking, I will come to you running"

--------------------

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
    #1703402 - 07/10/03 04:46 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

If you see a blind man walking toward a cliff, would you tell him it is there? I'm not forcing my beliefs on anybody, Christ did not do that either. It is YOUR decision on whether or not to accept Christ or not. How many of you have wondered whether or not there is something more in life? Deep down, how many of you have a void in your heart, one that cannot be filled with anything. Only one thing can fill that hole, Jesus. Many people say that Jesus was a good man, or a good prophet. But Jesus was either the Messiah or was totally false! Lets look at it this way:

There can only be two alternatives to Jesus.
1. His claims were false
A) He KNEW his claims were false
He was a LIAR
He was a HYPOCRITE
He was a FOOL, because he died for something he knew was false.
B) He did not know his claims were false
He was a Lunatic

2. His claims were true
A)He is the Lord, and the Messiah for ALL people
You can accept him, or you can reject him

Don't forget, the man who wrote the book this excerpt is from, Josh McDowell, originally planned to dissprove Christianity. In the process of trying to do so, he became a Christian. I am pleading to all who read this, please think about what I am saying. I truly care for you, and so does God. If anyone is truly sincere about becoming a Christian, please PM me and I will send you a FREE copy of "The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict" by Josh McDowell.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #1703425 - 07/10/03 04:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

God has extended an open invitation to us all. Let him with ears hear.

If you feel condemned it is your own doing.

I feel neither condemned, nor do I hear the voice of God (though I have tried to listen and continue to do so).

Am I without ears?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: trendal]
    #1703443 - 07/10/03 04:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Am I without ears?

No, perhaps you are just looking in the wrong places. How do you currently view Christianity/insert Abrahamic faith? Do you believe in God?

A friend of mine, a devout atheist said in a moment of near humility: "I just can't see it. No matter how much will power I use, I just cannot believe there is a God."

People who look for God will find Him, if you don't; you're not even looking.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: Zahid]
    #1703452 - 07/10/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I believe in something...though I am not sure what.

I was raised Catholic, and went to a Catholic school until I was 18. I have since given up on formal Religion, as it did not seem to hold the answers I was looking for.

I am looking, in my own way. My biggest question is if He hears me or not. As of yet he has not given me a response. I imagine he would give me one that I would understand. He should know better than any what I will understand, shouldn't he?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: trendal]
    #1703464 - 07/10/03 05:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Even though I may agree with Enter, I believe he is using the wrong language in trying to persuade people into listening with open hearts. In trying to open someone's eyes, do you yank them open, causing great pain, or lovingly and gently open them. The world today has a false sense of what Christianity is. A true Christian would be much like a Buddhist, having an inner peace. That peace is not from meditating, but from having a RELATIONSHIP with Christ.

"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:6-8

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1703481 - 07/10/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

LOL

"Tool lacks melody." 

Good one, Enter :wink:

Sorry that this is off-topic but that was too funny, I had to.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: Grav]
    #1703510 - 07/10/03 05:18 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I believe in god.

And I don't think christianity has anything more to do with god than a quiet walk in the woods.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: Grav]
    #1703524 - 07/10/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Actually I don't even like to call it 'god'.  It's too misleading and cultish sounding.  Too many negative conatations that go with it.

I believe in the source :smile:

If there was really a Jesus Christ than I believe in that beautiful spark he felt in his brain before he tried to spread any message.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#1703547 - 07/10/03 05:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Enter said:
Tool and A Perfect Circle lack melody first and foremost. They would be laughed at privately by the likes of real musicians like John Lennon and Roger Waters, as if they would even listen to a band like Tool.

I am a very good musician, and Tool is nothing to laugh at. Their drummer could play rings around Ringo Star. Their guitarist is excellent at creating rhythmic atmosphere. There is melody there, it's just distorted.  :cool:

Quote:

Enter said:
I fear the days of proclamation are well over. The fields are not white and ready for harvest. There is even now a drought concerning the Word of God, even amongst ourselves. You can hear it in Christian music. You can see it in the preachers eyes.

Let God do His thing.
Let mankind sow and reap what he will. 

I reap what I sow and let me tell you, I have great crops which shows me that divinity is within all of us.  :rasta: I agree 100% with you, let people reap what they sow and they'll get as far they need. I don't need a savoir when I am who I need to be.

Oh, Gabriel, let me blow your horn. Let me blow your horn
Oh, I never did, did no harm.

Oh, Lord, deliver me
All the wrong I've done
You can deliver me, Lord
I only wanted to have some fun. 

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: Funguy]
    #1703552 - 07/10/03 05:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"Know ye not that ye are gods?"
Christ knew of our true nature and told us to achieve it("I have come to set you free")
Christ laid the road map to peace("love one another as I have loved thee")
If one just adheres to the words atributed to Christ it becomes much clearer and more coherent than literal bible faith, it is also eliminates much conflicting dogma.
Christ has offered a comprehensive and all inclusive path to spiritual growth.
To all who claim the lable" christian" I would ask; Do you know him in your heart?Are HIS words your guide or is Paul and the mysogynistic repressive "CHURCH"?
I knew NOTHING until I read the words in red in my bible(In some bibles the WORDS of Christ are written in red). When I read them I saw their truth and beauty,I saw that these simple suggestions could cure the "human condition" I also saw that the "human condition" made the simple missives difficult tasks.
Christ has given a path to follow through the thicket of human behavior and desire.
He also left it to us to choose our destiny,to follow, or remain in the tangle of an existance without purpose.
WR:rasta:

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: whiterasta]
    #1703582 - 07/10/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

A side note, I think all religions have important things to say, and good messages. Unfortunately, I think people look up to figures and icons like Jesus and Buddha as something to worship rather than someone who had something important to say. The message gets lost and people break it down to the age-old tradition of living their lives under a patriarchal prophet who never fulfills his promises (if they promised anything in the first place).

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: To the Christians; From Enter [Re: Twirling]
    #1703866 - 07/10/03 08:00 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"A Perfect Circle lack melody first and foremost"

Sorry, this is just wrong. Hateration on APC is blasphemous.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order