Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleConfucian
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? * 2
    #17034404 - 10/15/12 10:03 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

By nearly every measure Democratic leadership has been more successful than Republican leadership.

Just look at the FACTS on:

1) stock market performance
2) jobs created
3) wealth created
4) who contributed LESS to the national debt
5) running surpluses (4 of them under Clinton...last one by a Republican was in 1957!)

No wonder about 80% of scientists lean liberal and very few identify as Republican.

In addition to this. If you look at the poorest states 9/10 are deep south heavily Republican states. If you look at the top 10 states that use the most food stamps by percentage 9/10 are deep south heavily Republican states.

Look at the top 10 richest (by median income) states. 9/10 are liberal states!

It is true that PhD wielding college professors tend to be liberal. Why is it that smart people (scientists, professors) are liberal? It is true what Santorum said: "we will never have the smart elite people in our party"

In addition to support my case that Republicans do not believe in facts:

Republicans tend to believe in the bible as authored by God. That evolution and the big bang (and embryology) are lies from the gates of hell.

That "if it is not a legitimate rape then the female body has ways of shutting the pregnancy down".

These two clowns hold positions in our government in the House Science Committee.

Republicans also tend to believe global warming is a hoax. They have a deep distrust for our NASA scientists and others that study global warming. Much of science goes against their non-factual beliefs and non-evidence supported beliefs that God is watching us, that we are descendants of Adam and Eve...

They also worship supply-side Jesus and want to tackle our debt problem by cutting taxes! Military is off limits despite defense spending growing from $267 billion in 2000 to $700 billion in 2011.

We tried supply-side and a projected $5.6 trillion surplus when Bush was inaugurated turned into 8 years of deficits!

These are facts most Republicans do not know about or make excuses for. How the hell do you turn projected surplus year after year projected to total $5.6 trillion, projected to wipe out our entire national debt, into a $10.7 trillion national debt when you leave office? That is an epic failure.

Long story short, Republicans do not believe in facts/evidence, and for me, that is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Edited by Confucian (10/15/12 10:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDarwin23
INFJ
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: Confucian] * 10
    #17034415 - 10/15/12 10:09 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Political parties are stupid. Partisan politics are stupid. All things should be looked at issue by issue in my opinion. When people clump themselves together, it only serves for people to making sweeping generalizations. People stop looking at criticisms as valid observations, and instead begin to view criticisms as personal attacks against the group they've chosen to be a part of their identity.

--------------------

Take a look at my journal

Offlineamilibertine
It’s good to be back!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern South Midwest
Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: Darwin23] * 3
    #17034540 - 10/15/12 10:44 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

There are really only superficial differences between the two parties.  They both work for the same people.  Not us mind you, but the people who spent millions getting them elected. 

Political parties in the US are a joke.  So that we can debate the differences between them while they all have a similar agenda which is to make themselves and their elite buddies more wealthy at the expense of the average person.

Fuck republicans and fuck democrats.

This is what George Washington warned us about.  Go read his farewell address.

--------------------

OfflineAbsent Minded
 User Gallery

Loc: Way Down South Flag
Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: amilibertine]
    #17034582 - 10/15/12 10:55 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

amilibertine said:
There are really only superficial differences between the two parties.  They both work for the same people.  Not us mind you, but the people who spent millions getting them elected. 

Political parties in the US are a joke.  So that we can debate the differences between them while they all have a similar agenda which is to make themselves and their elite buddies more wealthy at the expense of the average person.

Fuck republicans and fuck democrats.

This is what George Washington warned us about.  Go read his farewell address.

I completely agree with this, but am only posting to say that when I read this title I burst out laughing. My old boss is such a hardcore republican that it's actually nauseating to hear him talk, and is just like this - completely fucking RETARDED. in his own little dream world about everything and just completely ignorant about most every current event yet thinks he knows everything. I can't stand that.
then again, uppity liberals are also painfully annoying.
I hate both:shrug:

--------------------

Beats
More Beats

sheekle: fuck peace love and unity
sheekle: death despair and misery
sheekle: is where it's at

Offlinesmalltownkid096
Stranger
Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: amilibertine]
    #17034591 - 10/15/12 10:56 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

all main stream politicians are terrible and do not benefit our country

/thread

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight evil with funk
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere North of Normal
    #17034626 - 10/15/12 11:07 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

amilibertine said:
There are really only superficial differences between the two parties.

No. Just no. The GOP has been completely taken over by the Religious right and have chased so many of the Reagan Republicans out with their insane definition of conservatism that if he ran today Richard fucking Nixon would have to be a Democrat or he'd be reviled as a RINO.

--------------------
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone, may the four winds blow you safely home
Curriculum vapidum (dry herb vapes)

Offlinesmalltownkid096
Stranger
Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: NizzyJones]
    #17034635 - 10/15/12 11:11 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

we need real conservatives like goldwater to save this country

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight evil with funk
Male User Gallery

Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: smalltownkid096]
    #17034642 - 10/15/12 11:12 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

*insert the "...we're gonna have a terrible damn problem" quote here*

--------------------

OfflineTripKa0s
Male User Gallery

Loc: TEXAS! Flag
Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: smalltownkid096]
    #17034656 - 10/15/12 11:16 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

No we don't, we seriously need a goddamn revolution.....

REAL AMERICANS taking back OUR country.

InvisibleSticky Green
Male

Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: NizzyJones] * 2
    #17034710 - 10/15/12 11:29 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Oh look it's another "I'm a 20 something year old and I know everything" thread.

When you lean liberal you are more likely to believe anything that paints the Dems in a positive way.
I could throw up a ton of "studies" and links to stats that would say crime is lower where people legally own guns, or 90% of doctors oppose Obamas healthcare reform.

I'm far from being a republican. But I've been hearing morons for years act like the democrats are so much better and the truth is they're worse in so many ways.
They still fuck you, just from a different angle. There's a reason you get more conservative as you get older. And like it or not most of you will to.
Don't be a party cheerleader, think for your self and don't be so easily manipulated.

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: Sticky Green]
    #17034725 - 10/15/12 11:33 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sticky Green said:
Oh look it's another "I'm a 20 something year old and I know everything" thread.

When you lean liberal you are more likely to believe anything that paints the Dems in a positive way.
I could throw up a ton of "studies" and links to stats that would say crime is lower where people legally own guns, or 90% of doctors oppose Obamas healthcare reform.

I'm far from being a republican. But I've been hearing morons for years act like the democrats are so much better and the truth is they're worse in so many ways.
They still fuck you, just from a different angle. There's a reason you get more conservative as you get older. And like it or not most of you will to.
Don't be a party cheerleader, think for your self and don't be so easily manipulated.

This the moronic economic polices of the democrats and the takeover of the republicans by the christians has pushed me to the libertarian party.

--------------------

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight evil with funk
Male User Gallery

Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #17034740 - 10/15/12 11:35 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

No one has seriously proposed banning guns, ever. Anyone who think he can ban something 90% of Americans think should be legal would be laughed out of politics before he raised enough to file for ballot access.

I'm pretty sure the numbers of doctors opposing the ACA tracks pretty well with the number of doctors who are Republicans and is not anywhere in the vicinity of 90% (In fact my quick google turns up this study 44% think it's a "good start", 44% "a step in the wrong direction", 12% not sure. http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-UnitedStates/Local%20Assets/Documents/us_lshc_PhysicianPerspectives_121211.pdf )

--------------------

Edited by NizzyJones (10/15/12 11:39 AM)

OfflineAbsent Minded
 User Gallery

Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #17034748 - 10/15/12 11:37 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gilgamesh18 said:
Quote:

Sticky Green said:

This the moronic economic polices of the democrats and the takeover of the republicans by the christians has pushed me to the libertarian party.

amen.

--------------------

Beats
More Beats

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: TripKa0s] * 1
    #17034759 - 10/15/12 11:41 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah... The republicans never really made sense to me. They always try to blame what they did on the democrate that inherits it and always try to take the democrats successes as their own because they say they initiated it. I would have a really hard time defending the republicans. Pris will probably find a few newspaper clippings and give you all the arguments in the world to justify that the reps are the way to go and the demos are crap. Let's just wait until he gets here, and I wish luck and patience for the guy who will try to argue with him.

Until then, I'll keep believing the graphs and stats and facts.

The steps always seem to go higher faster when its red.

One thing though, I don't blame either bush or Obama for the catastrophic increase of the debt and deficits. The recession caught everybody by surprise.

--------------------

InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: Patlal]
    #17034770 - 10/15/12 11:44 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The Republicans used to be the party of limited government and low taxes now both the democrats and republicans pursue similar agendas only adjusting the rhetoric to appeal to certain target groups.

--------------------

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight evil with funk
Male User Gallery

#17034778 - 10/15/12 11:46 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Democrats: Let's let the 2003 tax cuts expire only for the wealthiest Americans

Republicans: Why do you hate freedom? If we don't extend them for everyone we won't allow them to be extended for anyone and that will be disastrous in this week economy

Internet "Independents": Both sides are clearly the same.

--------------------

OfflineAbsent Minded
 User Gallery

#17034787 - 10/15/12 11:48 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gilgamesh18 said:
The Republicans used to be the party of limited government and low taxes now both the democrats and republicans pursue similar agendas only adjusting the rhetoric to appeal to certain target groups.

--------------------

Beats
More Beats

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: amilibertine] * 2
    #17034795 - 10/15/12 11:49 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

amilibertine said:
There are really only superficial differences between the two parties.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

One is Red.. The other is BLUE!

:superscream: GO TEAMMm!

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Offlinelurkmode
Stranger

Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: The_Ghost] * 1
    #17034840 - 10/15/12 11:58 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

My thought is that they're pre-conditioned to believe anything that the party that co-opted their religion tells them is true. This is further compounded by the fact that religious people believe in flying zombies and such and are primed to believe fantastic ideas over those grounded in science and reason. Then to come full circle the Republicans have convinced the mindless fairy tale believers that they're the party that best reflects Christian values. That concept is laughable given their lack of empathy for the weakest among us. If Jebus were alive today would be a bleeding heart liberal to them worthy of some 2nd Amendment solutions.

It's troubling.

OfflineYSHServant
I Wanna Shoot Something
Male

Re: Why is it that Republicans do not believe in facts and evidence? [Re: Confucian] * 1
    #17034863 - 10/15/12 12:02 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

:facepalm:

Whether you know it or not, Republicans and Democrats alike are working for the same goals. Politics is just being used today to divide the people.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds