Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMafeki
Umadbro

Loc: Jamaica
Has politics reach sports entertainment status?
    #17016285 - 10/12/12 12:47 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not a fan of Nascar but after spending some time with my Nascar loving friends I began to realize that it's not just about cars turning right, it's about the drama. Actually from picking a racer, buying the same products of which manufacturers sponsor their favorite racer, all depends on the drama. Then I start to notice it about other sports not just Nascar but golf, football, baseball, some more then others but the controversy is essentially what keeps fans interested. It just occured to me when reading another users post that politics is very much the same. How long until we start seeing this at political debates?

Yeah those stuck up, high class, politically invested people you see at debates could one day look like that. It's disturbing, it disturbs me to think that this is what politics have came to, a bunch of bullshit drama just for their fucking fans. It's ridiculous. Now that our political system has amounted to such antics it leaves me questioning how many people really take it all seriously? This systems that decides our laws, our future, treated like a fucking sports game.

It's only going to get worse, nascar has restrictor plates to limit how fast cars can go, politicians have campaign spending limits. This whole time we're worried about some retard making a fool of themselves on national tv or some celebrity saying the wrong thing, is there any hope left, did we forget the point of our political system is? I think we're so far downhill we totally lost sight of the important issues, yeah this is tl;dr but I'm really at loss, thanks.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMafeki
Umadbro

Loc: Jamaica
Re: Has politics reach sports entertainment status? [Re: Mafeki]
    #17033274 - 10/15/12 12:58 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Bump

Even though nobody replied, I guess politics has always kind of been like this. Like it was just for a time for drinking parties and social gatherings but idk..

--------------------

InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
Re: Has politics reach sports entertainment status? [Re: Mafeki]
    #17033281 - 10/15/12 01:00 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hell to the fuck, no.

I would much rather watch sports then watch politically-related material anyday.

Not because I don't care, but because I realize that the idea we have any say in what goes in mostly a delusion, when it comes to the federal level at least (assuming you mean U.S. politics.)

But at the same, politics are like sports, in that the "fans", aka spectators, in both arenas have no influence on what goes on inside the "game".

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder