Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: its been called the greated communications tool in histo [Re: mike]
    #1702940 - 07/10/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

These are the only categories your mind can ever understand. All ideas and thoughts and words and memes are either true or false or mystery. This is your already functioning meta-program that operates all function of your every thought and action [all the time] that you have ever be in your entire life.

A Master Meme is a dominant idea that will challenge and destroy ALL ideas in conflict with it. Inside of you and outside of you.

A Master Meme is an idea that has become dominant and can no longer be defeated in the realm of rational discussion.

OS 012 is a Master Meme, a King of the Kings.

How is that not dogmatic? I can accept it if this is just an idea, but this makes itself out to be no less than a Master Idea that is somehow 'above' all other ideas. I can reason for myself, I don't need to be told by OS012 what should be true and what should be false, or what way of thinking is best.

Try reading a book by Robert Anton Wilson, he can change your way of thinking by just asking you questions, and then you ask yourself questions. He never tells you his ideas are best, he just shares them with you.

#edit# I do agree that parts of it are good, but that's because it's cobbled together with other people's writing.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Edited by Edame (07/10/03 02:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: its been called the greated communications tool in histo [Re: mike]
    #1703578 - 07/10/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I took a brief look around the site.

It looks like OS 012 is best described as a philosophy with a tenuous connection (at best) to Politics, Activism, or law. I think ypu will get a better response in the Spirituality and Philosophy forum, so I'm moving it there.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: its been called the greated communications tool in history. [Re: mike]
    #1704064 - 07/10/03 08:57 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

this to me sounds like some sort of language program. or a logical approach to a solution, but only through communication. Reminds me of programming a lot. So is this in a addition to the death of symbolic thought? and instead a "Win Win" selection program that chooses itself the correct answer.... lol that is funny. i dont know if it would work. but technically, if its a "meme" than it should just spread like everything else. It makes you wonder, about all those inside jokes you think you and your friends made, but yet you see everyone else starting to say it... or the fact that other people even want to say it. but you wouldnt really have to write about it though would you? i thought this was interesting. kind of reminds me of like a programmed discordianism.

--------------------
What?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder