Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

RUMSFELD: 9/11 CAUSED WAR
    #1701760 - 07/10/03 03:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I admit the mirror is hardly a bastion of journalistic heights, but they are using direct quotes here. So what's Rumsfeld's game? Is he intent on scuttling their own boat?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13161427_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-RUMSFELD%2D%2D9%2D11%2DCAUSED%2DWAR-name_page.html

RUMSFELD: 9/11 CAUSED WAR

Jul 10 2003

From Anthony Harwood Us Editor In New York

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld admitted yesterday there had been no major new evidence of weapons of mass destruction before the war on Iraq.

He said America had gone to war because it had seen Iraq's arms programme in a new light after the September 11 terror attacks.

It was a dramatic shift of view from President Bush's hawkish senior adviser.

ADMISSION: Rumsfeld

As recently as March 30 Rumsfeld declared of Iraq's banned weapons: "We know where they are. They are in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad."

But he told the Senate Armed Services Committee: "The coalition did not act in Iraq because we had discovered dramatic new evidence of Iraq's pursuit of weapons of mass murder.

"We acted because we saw the evidence in a dramatic new light - through the prism of our experience on 9/11." His grilling came a day after the White House admitted Mr Bush's claim that Iraq had tried to buy uranium in Africa was based on forged documents.

The committee wants to discover if the administration used faulty or exaggerated intelligence to justify the war.

Mr Rumsfeld's declaration on why war was waged prompted Democrats to renew calls for a full inquiry on intelligence used to back the White House case. Meanwhile, a US Army report destroyed the myth of Pt Jessica Lynch's harsh treatment as a prisoner of war and later daring rescue by American troops from an Iraqi hospital.

It said the 19-year-old was not shot and stabbed. She was seriously hurt in a crash fleeing an ambush then taken to hospital by her attackers.

One official said: "Lynch survived principally because of the medical attention she received."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: RUMSFELD: 9/11 CAUSED WAR [Re: somebodyelse]
    #1701781 - 07/10/03 04:10 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Here's why I'll pay little attention to this article....

Meanwhile, a US Army report destroyed the myth of Pt Jessica Lynch's harsh treatment as a prisoner of war and later daring rescue by American troops from an Iraqi hospital.

It said the 19-year-old was not shot and stabbed. She was seriously hurt in a crash fleeing an ambush then taken to hospital by her attackers.

One official said: "Lynch survived principally because of the medical attention she received."

Old news yet they felt the need to add it to an unrelated story? Perhaps by adding a "bit of real news", they hoped to lend a bit a creedence?

I'll look around and see if any other papers are reporting the first part of the story before just accepting it as true.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: RUMSFELD: 9/11 CAUSED WAR [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1701877 - 07/10/03 06:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Here's why I'll pay little attention to this article....

So are you saying that you dont believe Rumsfeld said these things or are you saying you will just ignore it because you didnt like the quality of the rest of the article??

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: RUMSFELD: 9/11 CAUSED WAR [Re: GazzBut]
    #1701878 - 07/10/03 06:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

To save you the effort luvvie: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3054423.stm

I actually saw Rumsfeld on UK Channel 4 news last night making the admission.

dont you think this is a bit naughty?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1701879 - 07/10/03 06:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

they actually had the lynch story as a seperate headline/article on drudgereport.com the other day. not just lumped together.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1701885 - 07/10/03 07:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

So are you saying that you dont believe Rumsfeld said these things or are you saying you will just ignore it because you didnt like the quality of the rest of the article??

Because I dislike reporters that tell a perfectly valid story but then feel the need to "legitimize" it further by tossing in another previously reported story.

Thanks for the other link. I'd already come across a couple but thanks.

I wasn't doubting the story... it was more of a comment on lousy reporting.

Naughty? No. It would dependon how sure of the previous "intelligence" they were.

EDIT: Pay attention there happy... I didn't say I'd pay little attention to the story, I deliberately used the word "article".

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: RUMSFELD: 9/11 CAUSED WAR [Re: Eightball]
    #1701886 - 07/10/03 07:09 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Eightball said:
they actually had the lynch story as a seperate headline/article on drudgereport.com the other day. not just lumped together.

Yes. There and many other places.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: RUMSFELD: 9/11 CAUSED WAR [Re: somebodyelse]
    #1701890 - 07/10/03 07:11 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

here's why i'll pay little attention to this article:

''No one had envisioned Saddam, at least at that point in history, no one envisioned him still standing. It's time to finish the task.''

''And if I found in any way, shape, or form that he was developing weapons of mass destruction, I'd take him out. I'm surprised he's still there. I think a lot of other people are as well.''

- George W. Bush, during an interview with the BBC, Nov. 18, 2000

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1701919 - 07/10/03 07:59 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Well on Channel 4 last night it was claimed the CIA knew that the information relating to Iraq and Niger was fraudulent 6 months prior to Bush's state of the union address in which he used said fraudlulent information to justify the war on Iraq. Sounds naughty to me.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: RUMSFELD: 9/11 CAUSED WAR [Re: ]
    #1701922 - 07/10/03 08:01 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

So a little bit of hot air and bravado from Bush a couple of years ago makes it ok for them to lie in 2003. Yes I see your logic there??

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Anonymous

#1701927 - 07/10/03 08:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

So a little bit of hot air and bravado from Bush a couple of years ago makes it ok for them to lie in 2003. Yes I see your logic there??

no, i don't think you do. i said nothing about whether or not it was ok to lie, or even to invade iraq. i said nothing that could even be construed as such by any rational person. you have made an erroneous conclusion based on something just a little flimsier than a completely unfounded assumption.

what i was doing was disputing was mr. rumseld's assertions, echoed in the title of this article and the title of the thread, that "9/11 Caused War". in reality, taking out saddam hussein was on bush's mind before he was even elected, as demonstrated by the above statements, almost one year before the 9/11 attacks.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1701941 - 07/10/03 08:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
Well on Channel 4 last night it was claimed the CIA knew that the information relating to Iraq and Niger was fraudulent 6 months prior to Bush's state of the union address in which he used said fraudlulent information to justify the war on Iraq. Sounds naughty to me.

I don't base my opinion on claims. I'm surprised you do.

Well in all honesty, I guess I'm not surprised.

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #1701964 - 07/10/03 08:37 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

in reality, taking out saddam hussein was on bush's mind
before he was even elected, as demonstrated by the above
statements, almost one year before the 9/11 attacks

please, as if to say that this is good evidence demonstrating
that this wasn't some spur of the moment fad for them,
destroying saddam?

I don't even think that's the issue...

this has been on the conscious of the bush boys for years
now.

that's the problem.

september 11th was their perl harbor.

it was their chance to implement the war plan that they
already had sitting on the shelves.

all in the name of dividends for cheney, rice and bush's
business ties....halliburton, chevron and the carlysle group.

which is why, when an adminstration is so vested in
defense and energy concerns, the inconsistencies and
actions of the government and it's agencies on september
11th become all the more suspicious.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1701983 - 07/10/03 08:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

where did I claim anything? I said it sounds naughty. I didnt claim it is.

Lets face it if I had said prior to the war that once it was done and dusted Rumsfeld would come out and admit that the war was actually a knne jerk reaction to 9/11 and not based on any fresh intelligence whatsoever you would have had a field day wouldnt you? come on admit that!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1701991 - 07/10/03 08:48 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Woah! Newsflash. Everyone knows Rumsfeld and his little puppet George have been hot to attack Iraq from the start. Thats hardly a revelation.

Many believe the primary reason for attacking Iraq was oil and this sort of backtracking and lying does nothing but make this look all the more likely.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1701998 - 07/10/03 08:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You amaze me. Go back and look at my previous post.

I didn't say YOU claimed anything.

I highlighted the word claimed in red so you couldn't possibly miss it. I guess we need a way to put giant flashing arrows into our posts.

And as to the rest of your post, I would have done just what I always do, asked for proof.

And if you're in the mood to actually pay attention to what I write, I never said the story was false, all I said was I didn't like the article. I looked elsewhere, saw the same story written in a more professional manner, and that was that.

Perhaps you should give up on wearing knickers as they seem to be bunched way too tight.

Seriously, you try way too hard to make something from nothing.

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1702085 - 07/10/03 09:50 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

How much do you weigh luvvie?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1702123 - 07/10/03 10:11 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Not as much as I could, more than I'd like.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1702127 - 07/10/03 10:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

And as to the rest of your post, I would have done just what I always do, asked for proof.

Did you ask for proof that Iraq had WMD before the invasion? Or did you accept Bush's word on that one?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: RUMSFELD: 9/11 CAUSED WAR [Re: Xlea321]
    #1702157 - 07/10/03 10:32 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:

Did you ask for proof that Iraq had WMD before the invasion? Or did you accept Bush's word on that one?

I'm sorry, I guess I must have missed Bush showing up here on this board so I could ask him

Tell me, what did you ask him when he was here?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom