Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEgoMagickian
human

Loc: San Francisco
What is the point of all these different strains?
    #1697414 - 07/08/03 08:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Admitted shroom newbie here... I finally found some information online that leads me to believe that it really doesn't matter which strain someone chooses to grow. But that leads me to wonder, if it doesn't matter, what's the point really?

I understand that some strains have slightly different preferred growing conditions, but is that really all there is to it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What is the point of all these different strains? [Re: EgoMagickian]
    #1697433 - 07/08/03 08:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

kramer claims that every different strain he has tried gives him a different buzz

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: What is the point of all these different strains? [Re: george castanza]
    #1697527 - 07/08/03 08:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I concur with this, although my experience is limited to 2 strains
golden teacher- very visual mind high
cambodian- very body high

InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip
I'm a teapot

Deleted [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1697585 - 07/08/03 09:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: What is the point of all these different strains? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1697600 - 07/08/03 09:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Just wanting to add that trying different strains is part of the hobby since you can get different growing challenges depending on the strain.

I always thought that growing cubensis is growing cubensis but , I know this guy who is currently working with 4 different strains since 5 months (Tapalpa, Equador, Koh Samui and Matias Romero) and so far, he was able to get some mature shrooms from only 2 strains (Tapalpas and Matias Romero). He's still in the learning process, that's for sure but some strains are definately easiers than others.

In brief, this guy thinks that growing shrooms is a fun thing to do and getting high with them is only around 30% of the fun involved in the whole process.

At least, he speaks for himself since he doesn't really know what others think about it.

enjoy the hobby.

.fs.

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #1699193 - 07/09/03 09:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Every strain i have tried has had a different effect.Even if they didn't,some shrooms are easier to grow than others.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: What is the point of all these different strains? [Re: shroomophile]
    #1699212 - 07/09/03 09:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Some strains colonize a little better, some strains do better in different conditions ... different strains supposedly have different psychedelic characteristics, and somewhat different potency.

If you're just starting out, I'd personally recommend South African or Creeper.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineEgoMagickian
human

Re: What is the point of all these different strains? [Re: Sev]
    #1699891 - 07/09/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

One thing I haven't found is a comprehensive guide to the different strains, their characteristics, differences, etc... from both mycological and psychedelic points of view.

Many times on threads I see people make assertions (for example, to pick on MycoCakeEater :wink: , "B+ is overrated") without saying why they think so.

I suppose I'm personally most interested in hearing about the following strains: Puerto Rican, Golden Teacher, Equador, Ban Nathon, Gulf Coast, Oaxacan, Orissa India, and South African.

Thanks 2experimental and fish, for the specific information. I appreciate it.

Sev, why do you recommend South African or Creeper?

Anyway, I'm sure many of your friends know about the psychedelic differences of a variety of strains. If you would post their experiences/insights here, we could compile a list of second or third hand information for the curious.

Unless such a thing already exists, in which case, could someone please point me to it!

OfflineBatFly
captain obvious

#1700491 - 07/09/03 06:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i'd love to hear what b+'s trips are like, my mouse is currently growing those. and a psychedelic/physical differance list would be AWSOME!!!! www.thehawkseye.com has SOME discriptions on the different strains. they also rock on diliveries. my mouse's spore started to germinate in less than 24 hours from them!!!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: What is the point of all these different strains? [Re: BatFly]
    #1700500 - 07/09/03 06:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My kitten was SO impressed with her Puerto Ricans!!  No contams, and ompletely colonized in less then two weeks!!!  :smile:  As soon as she tries them, a trip report will be posted. 

Unfortunately, the South African's didn't fair so well for her.  They are SOO behind the PR's, and only one (out of 7) is colonizing well at all.  Both strains were done the exact same way, in the exact same conditions. 

-Shade

OfflineEgoMagickian
human

Re: What is the point of all these different strains? [Re: MOTH]
    #1700907 - 07/09/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, I didn't realize Hawk had that much information. That's the kinda stuff I'm interested in. Anyone else care to post and fill in the blanks?

OfflineRaedon
enthusiast

#1700915 - 07/09/03 09:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Mazzy's Rule!!

OfflineEgoMagickian
human

Re: What is the point of all these different strains? [Re: Raedon]
    #1700929 - 07/09/03 09:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I understand...

Who is Mazzy?

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#1700931 - 07/09/03 09:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Many times on threads I see people make assertions (for example, to pick on MycoCakeEater  , "B+ is overrated") without saying why they think so.

lol... I do belive it is becasue its cooked up to be some great for begginers mushroom that is good all around. I just dont see it to be that way. The Hawks Eye is great for strain info. Thier section on Treasure Coast got me so damn happy I ordered a syringe full. Anywho there is the reason. After posting that about 2-3 times I have put a reason.Grow TC is the way to be(reason: fast colinzer, reasonable fruits, excellent trip,high pinner). :cool:

Edited by MycoCakeEater (07/09/03 09:22 PM)

OfflineTOTALQAOS
UNI-Evo

Loc: MILKYWAY GALAXY
Re: What is the point of all these different strains? [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1701004 - 07/09/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fIsh in my head said:

In brief, this guy thinks that growing shrooms is a fun thing to do and getting high with them is only around 30% of the fun involved in the whole process.

At least, he speaks for himself since he doesn't really know what others think about it.

i second that motion!!!

--------------------
An' if you swallow too many of the magic mushrooms/ whoops! --did i say magic mushrooms/
I ment fungus/Your tounge gets swoll'd up like a cows tounge/(How come?) /Cuz it comes from a cows dung!!! "EMINEM"

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: What is the point of all these different strains? [Re: TOTALQAOS]
    #1701021 - 07/09/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

so?

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: What is the point of all these different strains? [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #1701078 - 07/09/03 10:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Let?s say this. It takes 2 weeks from inoculation to full colonization. Then you birth and spawn to bulk, taking yet another week for the spawn run. Then let?s say it takes another week to run through the casing and to set pins. Then it takes about 4 days for mature mushrooms to develop (all conservative times).

When you finally ingest the mushrooms, let?s say you buzz for about 8 hours. I believe that would leave getting high on them at about 1.04% of the fun. (Sorry, I had to calculate that out)  :nut:

The point of all the strains is variety. It is lots of fun to grow out different strains and see the different characteristics. Lots of them grow differently and some are better than others. Strains are my pokemon, gotta collect and try them all!

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: What is the point of all these different strains? [Re: ATWAR]
    #1701129 - 07/09/03 10:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Let?s say this. It takes 2 weeks from inoculation to full colonization. Then you birth and spawn to bulk, taking yet another week for the spawn run. Then let?s say it takes another week to run through the casing and to set pins. Then it takes about 4 days for mature mushrooms to develop (all conservative times).

When you finally ingest the mushrooms, let?s say you buzz for about 8 hours. I believe that would leave getting high on them at about 1.04% of the fun. (Sorry, I had to calculate that out)

eh! eh! eh! .  Here's my question : Do you agree with this 1.04% fun ratio?  :smirk:  We all know the answer.

That's a fact. Everyone here grows for the pleasure involved. The *home-made drug* that we get at the end is a bonus  :eyemouth:

I hope i'm not wrong. If so, all of you people wasting your time with brown rice flour, bernadin jars, glove boxes and lysol should rush your ass on the street and buy those doubtful mushrooms that will get you high on a .5 gram !  :cool:

.fs. 

OfflineEgoMagickian
human

#1701142 - 07/09/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Personally, I think growing one's own would be a matter of respect for the mushrooms.

Not to put down using others, but if I were to ingest psychedelic mushrooms, I think I would want my first time at least to be ones I had grown myself.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1701168 - 07/09/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Do you agree with this 1.04% fun ratio?

Actually yes, I believe it is much more fun growing them than eating them. I love watching them grow wondering how big they will get. Or waking up to see that some huge pins have formed overnight. I could go on and on...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures