Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
When you want to tell but can't
    #1697730 - 07/08/03 09:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hey everyone!

I was just thinking about how the shrooming hobby is sort of a lonely one at times.  For example, my kitten has been growing her first batch for the past few weeks now, and the only person who knows is her boyfriend.  Even with her friends who are in the drug habit she knows she cannot tell or share stories of her cultivation, since that is the key to staying safe and out of trouble. 

Everytime one of her friends or family asks what her favorite links are, she hesitates to put the Shroomery down as one, even though it is by far.  When a close friend stops by and see's syringes in the fridge and asks, she replies that she vaccinates her own animals. The close friend is always impressed at her dedication to her cats. 

She doesn't know very many people, and her boyfriend is probably the only one she will be shrooming with forever.  Not that this is bad, but not being able to speak freely of her newfound hobby and passion sort of wears her down. 

Even with her friends, if the topic of shrooms comes up, there is so much she wants to say to share her knowledge of cultivation, but she knows she has to keep her mouth shut.  My kitten would love to tell everyone about her excitement with shrooms, but she knows that she can only talk about it with her boyfriend, and those at the shroomery.  (everyone here rocks, by the way...my kitten says! :wink: )

My question is, does anyone ever feel the same way about the shrooming hobby? 

-Shade 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: When you want to tell but can't [Re: MOTH]
    #1697951 - 07/08/03 10:58 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Nah. I used to tell people. I didn't care.

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Loc: Malice, Tx
Re: When you want to tell but can't [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1698051 - 07/08/03 11:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hahahah I know how this is (kinda)

if the subject comes up in my family, I try not to sound like I know too much, but I don't think it works they might be on to me.

Offlinecrazycanadian
Stranger

Loc: infront of a monitor
Re: When you want to tell but can't [Re: Faaip_De_Oiad]
    #1699361 - 07/09/03 11:14 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The fewer people know the better.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: When you want to tell but can't [Re: MOTH]
    #1699369 - 07/09/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It's pretty simple... start growing edibles. This gives you license to mouth about mycology, leave books and cultivation supplies laying about, give tours of your lab, etc. IMO growing cubes gets boring. They are by far the easiest to grow and therefore pretty boring. Diversify and discover freedom and new skills.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: When you want to tell but can't [Re: debianlinux]
    #1699444 - 07/09/03 11:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

>>My question is, does anyone ever feel the same way about the shrooming hobby?

What matters most is that you're doing it for yourself; to provide you with a safe experience.  Why feel bad about having some personal secrets?  :smile:  Remember...shrooming has meaning to YOU.  Therefore you should enjoy it.  No need to worry about others around you not knowing your hobby...it's not meant for them, it's meant for you.  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: When you want to tell but can't [Re: Boppity604]
    #1699465 - 07/09/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I hear you, I have a physician father with a wealth of information, and I keep asking him specific questions about the pharmacology of DMT, LSD, Psilocybin, and a host of other substances.  The thing is I'm genuinely very interested in how these things work in the brain and I think he can sense that, but I also think he worries that I'm going to try these substances out of curiosity.  well dad... um... too late on the psilocybin :blush: :grin:

--------------------

Offlinebluedolphin

Re: When you want to tell but can't [Re: Noviseer]
    #1699485 - 07/09/03 12:00 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I would love to grow edibles, but all my friends and family know that I have a moderate mushroom phobia =)... I won't touch or eat the the things unless they're psychedelic.

So I don't think that would fly =)

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: When you want to tell but can't [Re: bluedolphin]
    #1700139 - 07/09/03 03:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm the same way, I know its best to keep it a secret, thats what makes the most sense by far. Telling people just makes things more complicated but I still always want people to talk to about my secrets :crazy:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: When you want to tell but can't [Re: DailyPot]
    #1700262 - 07/09/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I think my kitten feels this way because she is normally such a candid, outgoing person.  I mean, she literally has no secrets *except* this one!  (and maybe a few minor ones...) 

She and I appreciate the responses though...Boppity you made alot of sense in what you said.  And it does sort of feel nice to my kitten to have this one secret.  Trust me, she is definately only doing this hobby for herself!  She's just not used to being so tight-lipped about things!  :wink: 

-Shade

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract