Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNapkinOfDoom
The CombatWombat

Transplant?
    #1699656 - 07/09/03 01:00 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ok so afoaf is wondering about possible transplantation of wild shrooms to a more controlled environment. His question is "is it worth it, or should i just wait til the wild ones mature and just make prints with those?" i told him i didn't know but i'd find out. so here i am. any and all feedback is appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: Transplant? [Re: NapkinOfDoom]
    #1699947 - 07/09/03 02:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

what i would do is clone the biggest and best looking shroom out of the patch.then go from there because if you take a spore print from the wild there is a good chance it may be/get contams.

here's the link to learn how to clone.

http://www.fungifun.org/cloning/

note: you don't have to use agar and petri dishes you can also use the "honey tek" if you don't have access to agar and petri dishes.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Transplant? [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1699979 - 07/09/03 02:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Transplant? I dont think so... Spore print? Yes, definetly. Take prints from mushrooms that are in good shape and still have the veil attached if possible. You can take prints from wild mushrooms and use them as regular, but as the monkey said they can contain contaminants. But, so can any print...

Cloning would be an excellent idea, but may be beyond the scope for someone just starting out. I would find some nice specimens and print them, and try cloning the absolute best one out there. If you fail the cloning process you can always try growing out the spores. Always good to have a backup plan...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies