Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineVIgnisFatuusI
Cubist
Which spores!?!?!
    #1699458 - 07/09/03 01:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I plan on purchasing a few spore prints and syringes from Ralphster's Spores for mycology research. I'm wondering if anyone knows if all the different strains all belong to either p. cubensis or p. mexicana??? Are they all just different varieties of mostly psilocybe cubensis or are they all different? I wanted to study the spores that, IF GROWN, would contain psilocybin and psilocin, so any help in regards to this query would be very useful. I tried posting this in the forum for the shroomery's sponsers, but it never showed up. I don't mind if this is moved, but I'd just like a straight answer if possible. ALSO, how long (if anyone knows this) does an order for prints and syringes usually take? Can you order via credit card or can you only use paypal as of now? Sorry again if this is in the wrong forum.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
Re: Which spores!?!?! [Re: VIgnisFatuusI]
    #1699628 - 07/09/03 02:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If you should have done some reading, you would't ask this..... P. Cub. and P. Mex. are different strains. Check http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/3170/pag/8 ........ Most of the stuff you hear like; Equador, Treassure Coast, Panama, Golden Teacher, e.t.c. are Cubensis strains. P. Mexicana is a different strain. Which i wouldn't advice to an unexperienced cultivator. There are plenty of examples like Panaleous species, P. Tampensis, P. Cyanescens, etc.... What you should do is to pick an easy to cultivate (preferably cubensis) strain (ex. : EQ, B+, Orissa, Huautla, etc....) and start with the PF TEK! http://www.fungifun.org/pf/pf_en.htm And most importantly, read the FAQ...... You can find allmost all of your answers there with a little patience!.......

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

OfflineVIgnisFatuusI
Cubist
Re: Which spores!?!?! [Re: ph_plus]
    #1699650 - 07/09/03 02:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks. I've read the pf tek along with three or four other guides to growing to get a good idea of all the different methods of terrarium construction to different methods of humidification. I was just confused as to whether the different strains belonged to p. cubensis or not. Since that IS the type of shrooms I wanted to cultivate in the first place and the type I 'enjoy' the most, I wanted to purchase THAT type. Thanks for clerifying an otherwise cloudy misconception I had before. So, I could purchase the strain labled B+ on the ralphster's site and I will be getting a strain of psilocybe cubensis, correct? I'm real anal about these things. I'm just making absolutely sure I'm 100% correct in all of my procedures. Thanks again.

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
Re: Which spores!?!?! [Re: VIgnisFatuusI]
    #1699678 - 07/09/03 03:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yes that's absolutely correct.... And B+ is a good choice for a beginner.... Good Luck!

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: Which spores!?!?! [Re: ph_plus]
    #1699802 - 07/09/03 03:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

B+=overated

OfflineSMAGE
Peppermint

Loc: In your head
Re: Which spores!?!?! [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #1699815 - 07/09/03 03:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i started with Eq and GT...

--------------------
I dont know what your problem is, but I'll bet its hard to pronounce.

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: Which spores!?!?! [Re: SMAGE]
    #1699895 - 07/09/03 04:15 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The infamous B+ strain of cubensis... what a chameleon this one is. This is by far the most versatile cubensis ever seen. Adapting and growing in such a wide range of temperature conditions and substrates. It truly thrives to spread its seed, which by the way its a very heavy spore depositor. Not only does it grow easily indoors, It has been seen the B+ fruit outdoors several times in a wide range of temps and substrates. Several times one winter, night time low of 45F, day high of 60F, the B+ just flourished. Spring/summer, low of 75F, high of 90F, the B+ once again fruited beautifully. It has seen to grow on alder wood, compost, straw,dung,rice, and it especially loves bird/finch seed.People have only said so many good reports about B+ that they just love this mushroom and how easy it grows, and how beautiful it is, its loved by many.

Although the B+ is not a super fast colonizer, its speed is average, producing some very large mushrooms that are generally a caramel color. Grown in cooler temperatures, it usually always produces a very beautiful color caramel cap and stems. The stems are generally very thick, and it produces some large caps. It also drops a very thick veil. Grown in warmer temps, its color changes to a more golden color at times.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation