Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
What I said when I was 3...
    #1698014 - 07/08/03 11:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

When I was three years old I was hunching over my dinner plate in a position protecting my food from "them." My parents asked me why I was doing this and I explained that when I was brown I didn't have any food and I could only come out at night because people were trying to eat me, including my parents.

This is interesting.. It's pretty much the only evidence I've come across for past lives reincarnation stuff. This is how my parents interpret this, but there are a few other ways to look at it too. I don't really believe in reincarnation right now.

Like maybe it's an evolutionary advantage to be overprotective of your food, and because humans rationalize all their actions my brain had to produce delusional fantasies explaining why I should protect my food. Maybe false memories of monsters kept little kids from wandering into jungles at night.

Up to that point I lived out inthe woods with my parents in a tent while they built our house. I didn't know any black people, but I'm sure I knew they existed. Interesting that I chose to be black in a past life, and that I matched up the race with poverty and starvation. Coincidence? I don't know.

Lots of kids talk about when they were this when they were that. My cousin used to talk about when she was a mom how her kids hated her. Maybe this was a past life or maybe a false memory created so that she is a good mother when it's time because she knows how awful it is to be an evil mom.

So maybe fantasy is essential to existence. Maybe without delusional fantasies we wouldn't survive. Maybe the fact that we have survived is proof that we exist in an illusion created by our minds, which should really be called our "box of lies."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: What I said when I was 3... [Re: Dogomush]
    #1698226 - 07/09/03 12:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

or MAYBE there really is past lives and all those things are foreal.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: What I said when I was 3... [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1698691 - 07/09/03 02:54 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I prefer using my delusional child theory to demonstrate that survival requires living in an illusion. I think I'm on to something here.

DMT makes you trip and our own brains produce it. But why doesn't it produce tons, and why don't we trip all the time? Because those who had DMT coursing through their veins in large quantities were incapable of gathering nuts and berries and they died.

Psilocin gets you fucked up. And it does that by pushing aside serotonin and taking over the receptor, then it makes the receptor fire like crazy, in a different pattern than serotonin. Your brain is doing that. Your brain is producing all the hallucinations just because of the way your brain is tweaked.

Basically the way we percieve reality was chosen by a roll of the dice. It could have been anything. If we were a kind of life form who didn't need to be so resourceful and calculating, we could be tripping all day. Reality could be totally different. Imagine the life of a gorilla. They just sit around and eat plants. They have 8 different food sources and just hang around eating them. They're big enough they don't need to worry about predators. If that's all you needed to survive, you could be on mushrooms 24/7. Inferior brains my ass!

The Daoists say we're the only animal who doesn't meditate. All other animals spend a long time meditating. Cats trance out all the time. Reptiles have to cook in the sun, which is some pretty hardcore qi gong. You spend most of the day absorbing energy from the sky. Reptiles are mobile plants.. This means that non-human animals spend lots of their time tripping out in other realities. Or at least they could. I think they do. I think that's why it's so entertaining for a cat to stare at moving objects that only he/she can see.

The ultimate reality is probably like when you're pacman and you are floating around gobbling up 3-d rotating wireframe objects in space that are actually packets of huge amounts of information. Yeah humans are definetly the most rooted in this reality of all the creatures on earth. We're the only ones who study it like it's worth something. Most other creatures have no problem going inside their own heads and chilling out.

Anyway that's all for now... anybody see what I'm saying?

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1698828 - 07/09/03 04:22 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think our powers of imagination and fantasy evolved in order to help living organisms predict and plan for future events. And the more realistic and detailed our imaginations are, the more useful they become, so it's no surprise that it has developed to the point where a hallucination can seem just as real as a perception. There is some kind of defense against this that makes perceptions override imagination in normal waking consciousness, otherwise we would probably stumble around in various fantasy worlds all the time, and stop reproducing our DNA.

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: What I said when I was 3... [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1698861 - 07/09/03 04:56 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think you're right. This idea of reducing reality to a mere "hallucination" is worthless. If it was true, I'ld kill myself right now, becuase it would mean that anything we've ever done or thought is meaningless. I think we base our hallucinations on our experience with reality, not the other way around.

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: What I said when I was 3... [Re: the universe]
    #1698909 - 07/09/03 05:48 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

If it was true, I'ld kill myself right now, becuase it would mean that anything we've ever done or thought is meaningless.

Once you die, everything that you have ever done or thought is meaningless. Even if you do something great, what is it going to matter, or who is going to remember ten thousand years from now?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Re: What I said when I was 3... [Re: Seuss]
    #1698949 - 07/09/03 06:23 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Even if no one remembers us, everything we do shapes future realities.

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
    #1698978 - 07/09/03 06:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wow Dogomush.. excellent post.. The whole animal meditation thing has inspired me to go meditate!

*Reality is but a shared hallucination* - McKenna

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #1698984 - 07/09/03 06:57 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Even if no one remembers us, everything we do shapes future realities.

If we are dead, the shapes we create do not matter. Some dinosaur probably had a nest in my backyard... she is dead and what she did is lost and of no importance to her, or to me for that matter.

--------------------

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Re: What I said when I was 3... [Re: Seuss]
    #1699086 - 07/09/03 08:15 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I disagree. As long as the universe exists, everything we do matters.

What that dinosaur did in your backyard does not matter to her anymore. Of course not, she's dead. And maybe it doesn't matter to you, but what if she laid an egg that was eaten by a small furry mammal and saved it from starvation? And that was the mammal that carried the unique mutation that 100 million years later is the reason why we have earlobes?

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1699243 - 07/09/03 10:12 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This idea of reducing reality to a mere "hallucination" is worthless. If it was true, I'ld kill myself right now, becuase it would mean that anything we've ever done or thought is meaningless.

The humans in the past who realized that this reality is nothing but an illusion or a hallucination DID kill themselves, they didn't bother going around getting food. Because they knew reality was worthless they didn't hang around and breed, so they didn't pass on the genetic code for a human able to percieve reality as false. Those who were trapped in this ongoing hallucination called life DID go around and feed themselves, and they DID bother reproducing, and so they covered the planet in a human containing a brain that places great importance on this hallucination called "earth." That's why it's so hard for you and the rest of us to accept that everything we see is false and worthless. The only reason we're here in the first place is because we consider this world worth something.

Now that you know the truth please don't kill yourself.

OfflineKenny Bus
The enlightend

Loc: ontario
    #1699405 - 07/09/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

why not? are you doubting the truth?

that animal meditating stuff made me think aswell, wish i knew how 2 meditate. i was wonder does anybody here know if humans have the longest life span on earth?

--------------------
KB

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What I said when I was 3... [Re: Kenny Bus]
    #1699437 - 07/09/03 11:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

i was wonder does anybody here know if humans have the longest life span on earth?

They do not. I think the record goes to bacterial endospores found in frozen ice in antartica that were viable after several million years. An endospore is kind of like a seed, so that may not count. Some of the redwood trees in california are several hundred years old. The giant tortoise has a lifespan of around 175 years. Humans, I believe, have the longest lifespan of any mammal at around 120 years.

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1699913 - 07/09/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The humans in the past who realized that this reality is nothing but an illusion or a hallucination DID kill themselves, they didn't bother going around getting food. Because they knew reality was worthless they didn't hang around and breed, so they didn't pass on the genetic code for a human able to percieve reality as false. Those who were trapped in this ongoing hallucination called life DID go around and feed themselves, and they DID bother reproducing, and so they covered the planet in a human containing a brain that places great importance on this hallucination called "earth." That's why it's so hard for you and the rest of us to accept that everything we see is false and worthless. The only reason we're here in the first place is because we consider this world worth something.

Now that you know the truth please don't kill yourself.

reality is nothing but an illusion? what do you mean by that statement, it seems to lack substance and tangible meaning. How is life a hallucination? its quite basic really, you are an organism, in order to sustain your body for a certain period of time ou have to find food, sheltar and safety, in order to build any type of supportive community that helps each other exist, you must reproduce. Where's the illusion? and if it is an illusion, then that implies that it is an illusion in comparison to something "real". This whole theory relies on the existance of some other truthful reality, where is it if it is not right in front of our eyes?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: What I said when I was 3... [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1699964 - 07/09/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

atomik:

life is an illusion compared to our perception of it as reality. Obviously there is no ultimately truthful "real" reality, but just because there isn't doesn't mean that our reality is any more valid. As drugs demonstrate there are endless potentials for the way we see things, and in our everyday lives we see only one. Because there are infinite realities our reality is totally invalid yet equally valid compared to all the others. Therefore, reality is an illusion and delusional fantasies are essential to our survival in this false existence of ours.

why not? are you doubting the truth?

Nope, it's just that I happen to be human and deeply rooted in the illusion and so I'd feel false emotions of sadness if somebody killed themself because of what I said. Knowing they're false isn't enough to not make me sad.

OfflineQQQ
Stranger
    #1699975 - 07/09/03 02:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

THATS ALL TRUE < BuT HOW DO Television , the radio, your peers and how they have been infuenced throught their lives, effect these fantasies.???

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1699986 - 07/09/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, I believe that if something can be sensed, it must have some basis in reality. But what strikes me as problematic is this statement:

"life is an illusion compared to our perception of it as reality"

what do you mean by "life"? the act of survival? the act of sensory experience? sure, if you assign a concrete definition to sensory experience, then that is definitly a subjective hallucination. But there is an ultimate truthful physical reality, what is illusory is our perception of this physical reality.

yes?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: What I said when I was 3... [Re: QQQ]
    #1699994 - 07/09/03 02:52 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

They do not. I think the record goes to bacterial endospores found in frozen ice in antartica that were viable after several million years. An endospore is kind of like a seed, so that may not count. Some of the redwood trees in california are several hundred years old. The giant tortoise has a lifespan of around 175 years. Humans, I believe, have the longest lifespan of any mammal at around 120 years.

McCaw Parrots live to be pretty old too.. most outlive their owners...

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1700024 - 07/09/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DMT makes you trip and our own brains produce it. But why doesn't it produce tons, and why don't we trip all the time? Because those who had DMT coursing through their veins in large quantities were incapable of gathering nuts and berries and they died.

No, its much more involved than that, when earlyer man had dmt in higher amounts going through them, they were multi-dimensional(to exists with in parallel universes), not to meantion they weren't picking berrys and nuts like little animals. They lived in a highly technological societys much like today, a alien i'll call "GOD", came along and said there will be rules. The rules, out-lawed any travel to any parallel universe. We can only see what the "rule" wants us to see.

Dmt was taken from the people, it wasn't because they couldn't survive.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Loc: Texas
Re: What I said when I was 3... [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1701384 - 07/09/03 11:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

About a year ago we were at a family dinner with grandparents, parents, all the kids etc. My son, then around 3, was there as well. We were doing the family prayer and my father looked over and noticed my son had one eye open. When my Dad asked him why he kept one eye open my son explained. "you gotta keep one eye open or someone will snatch your food." Ahhh, precious moments. My son has no brothers or sisters. Just me, which is probably as bad. I tend to snatch his fries when we go out to eat. Everyone around the table got a good laugh out of this. My son is almost 5 now and losing a lot of his "cute." However, he says some really profound things. Around the same time as the food snatching incident we were driving in the country. He asked me "where are we going?" I tried to explain the pleasure of driving. He stopped me, and explained "No, I mean on this Earth, in space? Where are we going?" A little advanced for a three year young kiddo. He's always done that.

Now at 5 he is convinced that aliens enter our houses at 1am when everyone is asleep and steal things. I guess to explain why he can't find one of his gameboy cartridges. It is a very elaborate description he gives though.

-RR68

--------------------
"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract