Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenewkidmc
Stranger
liberty caps uk, questions
    #3156173 - 09/20/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

um hi all, im living in england (north west) near to the lake district. i havent been picking (liberty caps) before, but from what ive read on these forums, ive highlighted some important thing`s (from what ive read).

Please feel free to correct!!

1. fresh (5am -9am) they are a slimy(sticky) brown colour
2. dried (through weathering etc) they can last all day (9am+) but are a much paler, drier colour
3. both have the "nipple" (duh!!)
4. be able to find them in a variety of fields (to save arguments!)
5. found late sept/october (i.e. now)

and a question,
if i pick a load of what i think are (obviously i`d post them on here 4 double checking) liberty caps, and i eat them (going on 50 caps/person), are there any other lookalikes to p. semilla that cud make me ill? nd 2 what extent?

NE feedback would be great lol.

thanx, rob

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarcd046
Captain CiderConnoisseur

Loc: North East, Uk
Re: liberty caps uk, questions [Re: newkidmc]
    #3156358 - 09/20/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think you are correct on your points 1 through 5.

There are only so many very poiosonous mushrooms out there, which you probably wouldn't mistake for a lib. The only poisonous mushrooms you may pick for being a noob would be any species of Panaelous, which would give you the runs, but if you're going to double check here then there shouldn't be a problem.
  Syptoms of these would be slight gastroinal upset, and the runs the next day! Also remember do not identify just from pictures on the net, and if you are unsure at all just come here for an I.D, don't eat anything you are unsure of.  :wink:

BTW; look in pastures, i.e fields that have cows in. Look in grass that is maybe in the corner of a field that looks greener or richer.
  Also you should wait till the next sunny day after a good rain, or in your case if it has been raining through the night look in mid-morning.

--------------------

Edited by Marcd046 (09/20/04 02:58 PM)

OfflineRepton
Moon Ripened Sultan
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Midlothian Flag
    #3156599 - 09/20/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've never had any bother ID'ing Liberty Caps, most similar sized mushrooms I see around are distinctly different in shape and colour, but thats just my experience, take care and examine anything you find before gubbing them, they should go blue in places too which is a good way of making sure, mostly I find they go blue the most at the base of the stem (around where the mushroom was attached to the mycelium). Oh and if you've perhaps not tried them before I would recomend trying a bit less than 50 first shot, We've found that certain batches of p. semilanceata around here are indeed VERY POTENT. So 15-25 might be a better place to start in order to guage the potency somewhat.
Happy Hunting

OfflinePsyclops
liberty hunter
 User Gallery

Re: liberty caps uk, questions [Re: Repton]
    #3157191 - 09/20/04 06:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

trust this guy when he says liberty caps are very potent, i underestimated their power my first time. it was fuckin crazy. recommend you dont eat more than 30 frsh - max.

OfflineSin Bad
Mushroom Man

Loc: Japan
Re: liberty caps uk, questions [Re: Psyclops]
    #3161773 - 09/21/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'd second that - go easy on it first time, I ate 50 fresh my first ever time, and nearly went mad - I'd go for 20 first time.
Look in well watered fields or medows, which have had any live stock grazing for best results. You will be able to spot them best in short grass, and after the sun has dried them to a golden/creamy/white colour. Happy Hunting.

Offlineoutofmytree
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: sheffield, england
Re: liberty caps uk, questions [Re: Sin Bad]
    #3163845 - 09/22/04 07:41 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

July-december for me. Best months sep,oct,nov.

--------------------
If you *dont* take your medicine you will be sectioned.

Offlinetomu
Surveyor

Loc: Oslo
Re: liberty caps uk, questions [Re: outofmytree]
    #3169053 - 09/23/04 06:53 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I just found 40 here in Norway btw.

--------------------
"

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
    #3175954 - 09/24/04 04:41 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

A word about dosages (of course, it can vary from mushroom to mushroom, field to field...)

It is also important what size mushrooms we are talking about; for my few first libs trips I was consuming small to medium sized shrooms - from [caps diameter] one milimeter (1/25 inch - way too small to pick but I was inpatient and greedy and we already had too little of them) to 0,75 cm (about 1/3inch). avarage would have to be 0.5 cm or less!

And 15 - 20 of such mushrooms were enough to feel strange, different, but not really trip or hallucinate;

40 - 50 were enough to actually trip - but not *really* strong.

30 mushrooms of 1cm diameter or even more, dried, one year old - enough for GOOD trip.

I`d say 20 - 40 mushrooms depending on size - for first test. have a good trip.

Edited by Psiledehysp (09/24/04 04:43 PM)

OfflinePsilly Billy
Deranger
Male

Re: liberty caps uk, questions [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #16878263 - 09/20/12 12:44 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It's impossible to give any hard and fast advice about dosages really. I've been tripping with 'shrooms for over 30 years, and the strongest trip I had was on something like 10 - 15 little normal sized Psils. They completely took me by surprise, and hit me for six.

But then again, when we used to go up to Wales for the Black Mountain pick, we'd be munching then down fresh, all day long as we picked. Just roll a dozen up in a ball, and wash them down with Special Brew. We'd take a load of sulphate with us, then pick Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, then home on Monday, with big black bin liners full of 'shrooms.

In this way, we really did end up doing thousands over the weekend, and no-one came to any grief. When you've been picking and eating all day, with shitloads of speed too, when it gets dark, your eyes are so dilated and supersensitve I swear, we could see the tips of the 'shrooms, glowing with a faint yellowy green glow in the dark. That's if we even noticed it was dark. And when I closed my eyes, to compare the darknesses, I could suddenly see with 360 degree vision. There are so many up there at peak season that even the livestock are tripping their nuts off. Fucking feral weekends, they were.

OfflineSchopenhauer
Hylomorph
Male

Re: liberty caps uk, questions [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #16985530 - 10/07/12 05:04 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Psiledehysp said:
A word about dosages (of course, it can vary from mushroom to mushroom, field to field...)

It is also important what size mushrooms we are talking about; for my few first libs trips I was consuming small to medium sized shrooms - from [caps diameter] one milimeter (1/25 inch - way too small to pick but I was inpatient and greedy and we already had too little of them) to 0,75 cm (about 1/3inch). avarage would have to be 0.5 cm or less!

And 15 - 20 of such mushrooms were enough to feel strange, different, but not really trip or hallucinate;

40 - 50 were enough to actually trip - but not *really* strong.

30 mushrooms of 1cm diameter or even more, dried, one year old - enough for GOOD trip.

I`d say 20 - 40 mushrooms depending on size - for first test. have a good trip.

I'd say 200! I remember that day on the moors as if it was yesterday! :smile:

--------------------
You've got to open up your mind and let everything flood through.

Offlineplantation
Shroom connoisseur
 User Gallery

Re: liberty caps uk, questions [Re: Schopenhauer]
    #16985713 - 10/07/12 05:33 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I was welcomed to the weird and wonderful world of shrooms
from a 400 liberty cap brew shared between three of us.
I think 100 is a good number for one person to have the full effect.
I piddled around with 20 once and was disappointed because I did not-
reach that level of shear excitement and laughter from the higher dose.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order