Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Does anxiety decrease with more trip experience? [Re: LOBO]
    #1696463 - 07/08/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think the worst anxiety I have experienced was getting too caught up in how deep the actual thought loop was going; at how fast my thoughts were deconstructing. 

I was thinking about it last night while stoned and to me I see a possible correlation between psychedelics and anxiety.  As we know, when we're sober we're at a baseline metabolic rate.  As we also know, most psychedelics increase activity in the brain.  I think tripping is nothing more than being subjected to having our normal thought patterns "sped up" or "increased" by the drugs.  Likewise, if your pulse starts rising because your heart starts to race (as some people's do while on psychedelics), more oxygen will be hitting your brain, thus making the already-hyped activity even faster.  So if we think of normal brain activity at 50mph and when we dose psychedelics that shoots up to 60-65 mph, naturally just being subject to such a radical shift in mental processes will cause a certain amount of anxiety due to detaching from the ego.  (In this instance, we can consider our "ego" our "I" as the baseline metabolic rate's complete sensory experience.)  When we experience our senses in sobriety/at the baseline, we consider it to be "reality" to be "normal."  But when psychedelics affect the perceptions, when they increase the mental processes as they naturally occur, it becomes a new reality, one that we cannot relate to from the baseline Ego/point of view, so we naturally feel frightened.

I prefer my sober meditations over high dose psychedelic trips when I want to experience detachment because for me, the shift into egolessness is completely smooth and relaxed when I meditate.  No matter how little or how much, psychedelics always "push" me faster than I want to shift at times...and being a naturally anxious person to begin with...that can be enough to ruin the night.  :smile:  I guess the good thing is that I've never "flipped out" when the heavier moments of shroom trips took over...cause at the core of the situation, I know it's just the drug affecting my mind, I know it's not going to kill me no matter how weird it feels and I know from all my previous trips, that I'll be able to enjoy it...just hate feeling the actual emotion of anxiety.

I do agree though that the more you trip at high levels, the easier it is to "spot" an anxiety loop when it starts and to just be able to sit back, allow it to pass through your consciousness, but like I said in another post...the faster you realize it's simply a looping thought pattern in your mind...the easier it is to "step back", watch it occur in your mind, then just as fast as it began, it fades away because you no longer try to hang onto the thought and figure it out.

Wow, why is it easier to talk about psychedelics while on them then when sober?  :smile:  The answer is stated above.  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Does anxiety decrease with more trip experience? [Re: Boppity604]
    #1696855 - 07/08/03 03:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you all, very good advice indeed from everyone. Boppity your posts have made a lot of sense, thanks.

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Does anxiety decrease with more trip experience? [Re: Noviseer]
    #1698094 - 07/08/03 11:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

where are you tripping man? Who are you tripping with?

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Does anxiety decrease with more trip experience? [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1698417 - 07/09/03 01:32 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I've tripped twice, both times with my best friend. We get along great, and the settings have been good, once at berkeley's campus, the other time in the mountains. I had basically zero anxiety the first time, but we only took 2 grams. The second time on 3.5g I had a rough come up and some tough times where I questioned my reasons for taking mushrooms, and hoped I'd never do it agian, then realized with frustration that I WOULD take them again, because my sober self would forget. The rest of the trip was great though.

--------------------

Offlinebokaj
Stranger
 User Gallery

#23562684 - 08/21/16 11:04 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

when you know how the drug will react you can control it better...over time you get to know your limits...that is if you know that its the same drug you are using.

Invisiblefunkymonk22
In Service to the Ineffable..
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Big O
Re: Does anxiety decrease with more trip experience? [Re: bokaj]
    #23563128 - 08/21/16 02:20 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Try adding a little syrian rue to the equation, for me it seems to really calm me down..but my answer is yes anxiety lessens with experience. However i find that if i am trying to overcome a behavior and am not comfortable with how im living then it is more scary because i know i have demons to face and form me mushrooms are like basking in the naked truth. Also, if you dont have a little bit of fear then your dose probably isnt healthy enough haha..always approach the mushroom with respect and reverence! The mazatecs believe if one takes mushrooms in the daytime they will go mad, i am inclined to agree with this belief

--------------------

"The clouds didn't look like cotton, they didn't even look like clouds.."-Townes Van Zandt

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

#23563137 - 08/21/16 02:23 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

you're talking about using drugs that play on the lymbic system which plays a role in managing anxiety. upsetting the balance of neurotransmitters can certainly result in increased anxiety, however mushrooms and lsd would likely be the least of your concern as they have no real long term or permanent negative effects that come to mind

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#23563144 - 08/21/16 02:30 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Every trip is different you can still get anxiety even after a decade of heavy tripping in my experience. It is less frequent and not the same type of fear as when you are new to the experience, but you can still get anxiety on some trips from time to time because the mushroom is mighty!

OfflineAldebaran
Psilo-Scribe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Altered States of Europe
Re: Does anxiety decrease with more trip experience? [Re: bokaj]
    #23563459 - 08/21/16 04:52 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bokaj wrote: over time you get to know your limits

Yeah, OP should be OK now that 13 years have passed..... :lol:

:oldthread:

In fact it's so old it's new to me because it was posted before I joined the Shroomery :mushroom2:

Does anxiety decrease with more trip experience?

Yes, but not necessarily if you are pushing the dose higher on each trip. Eventually you explore as far as you want to go and then you have a wider dose range where you feel comfortable.....but also the knowledge of just how crazy the mindfuck can get....

:tigerbunny:

--------------------
I wrote that, but I meant something else

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom