Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBullBait
Stranger
Weapons
    #1697962 - 07/09/03 01:02 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I was just curious about how many of you carry weapons to the field. There is a very fertile field around my area that a few different groups share peacefully... until about a month ago where my good friend was jumped and had two ribs broke. Ever since then I carry a large knife and I advise my partners to also. Do any of you carry any knives, guns, sticks, etc.?

One more question...When confronted by a bull charging at you while stuck in the middle of a pasture, what the hell do you do?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Weapons [Re: BullBait]
    #1698006 - 07/09/03 01:14 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i will occasionaly cary a walking stick into a field, but only if i may actualy need it.

i would say that if a field is too dangerous, for one reason or another, then avoid hunting there.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinecoastaltripn
Stranger

Re: Weapons [Re: canid]
    #1698015 - 07/09/03 01:18 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

carry some toxic mushrooms so when the ratards jump you and think they're gonna trip... their hearts falls out through their asshole

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #1698030 - 07/09/03 01:22 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

One more question...When confronted by a bull charging at you while stuck in the middle of a pasture, what the hell do you do?

The best thing you can do is just run towards him.  Try and look mean too :nonono:  If you do it right, he will turn and go find a cow to comfort him.  It will leave him feeling absolutely defeated. :sad:

Of course, if you do it wrong, you could end up with a bad headache.  May I suggest Advil (Ibuprofen).  I find it works better on  SEVERE  pain than Aspirin or Tylenol. 

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Weapons [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1698061 - 07/09/03 01:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

coastaltripn: statements like that are not taken lightly around here, even as a joke.

BullBait: i would suggest staying close enough to the fence to close distance fast if there is a bull in the field nearby. i don't know f it would be wise to take HagbardCeline's advise in that situation. bulls aren't liely to charge unless prevoked or in musk (or whatever it is called with bovines).

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #1698093 - 07/09/03 01:41 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

i don't know f it would be wise to take HagbardCeline's advise in that situation

In case my sarcasm/humor wasn't appreciated, IT WOULD DEFIFATELY NOT BE SMART TO TAKE MY ADVISE!

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Weapons [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1698122 - 07/09/03 01:50 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

lol. :grin:

--------------------

Offlinem0rb
mushroom mobster

Loc: New England
    #1698135 - 07/09/03 01:55 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

rm -rf /bin/mushpoison

heheh

--------------------
"The business of America is business," - Calvin Coolidge

OfflineBullBait
Stranger
Re: Weapons [Re: m0rb]
    #1698145 - 07/09/03 01:59 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Is it illigal to ask permission from the pasture owner to harvest their mushrooms?

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #1698223 - 07/09/03 02:34 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

no.
it is still illeagal to posess psiloc[yb]in containing mushrooms in the US, but the chances of being hasseled by a cop are signifigantly lower, since the land owner won't call them if he lets you hunt, and you won't be on his property if he says no.

LOL to m0rb.

--------------------

Edited by concretefeet (07/09/03 02:35 AM)

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #1698356 - 07/09/03 03:14 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'd just take a gun if I were you, that way, if the assholes confront you you can shoot at them, in the ground of course, TRY not to actually shoot them.. hehe.. and if the bull charges you, you have defense of that also.  :smile: 

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Weapons [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #1698372 - 07/09/03 03:19 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Snobrd311: that is some of the worst advice i've heard around here in a long time.

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #1698435 - 07/09/03 03:36 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

WHen hunting yesterday(check out my post) there was this area where all the cows were gatherd... no bull in sight right... so like 10 seconds later I turn around and this huge ass bull is 200 feet away moving toward us at a faster then walk pace(not running), and he came out of nowhere(musta been over the hill) I said to my friend" yo that cow has BALLS(literally they were like a food long, not that I like looking at cow scrotum)" and we slowly started walking away expecting any moment to be charged(at least I did)... luckily he dident feel threatened... I sure did, those animals are HUGE close up./

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Weapons [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1698720 - 07/09/03 05:03 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

First, on the weapons and danger -- bring a can of mace at most, or a sturdy, metal-shod walking stick.  Do you -really- want to chance getting picked up by the cops, skulking about in the middle of a field at night, while carrying lethal weapons?  The best thing to do is just haul ass if you're being threatened, and only use enough force to stop pursuit.  (By hoodlums, of course, not the cops.  Don't be that stupid.)

On the bulls:  First, check the area carefully and make sure there aren't any around.  A pair of field glasses might come in handy.  Second, if there are bulls around, try and stay within running distance of a fence that you can hop.  Thirdly -- if you -are- getting charged, I'd say run, and if the bull gets close, jump aside at the last minute and continue to haul ass out of there.  Remember, two tons of beef can't corner worth shit when it's going full out.  :wink:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: Weapons [Re: Sev]
    #1698838 - 07/09/03 06:35 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

im glad i dont have to go into cow feilds to pick mushies love live the woodlovers

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1699018 - 07/09/03 09:36 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It is illegal for a cop to go into a farmers field woithout permission just as it is for you to go out there without permission.

Cops have no right to enter a field to hassle someone picking whrooms unless a farmer calls him to remove you. If you are there and no farmer has called, the cop, legally has no right to go out there to bust or ticket you. However remember thatt he person who has the gun has all the rights to do whatever they want to.

Also rememebr it was in Florida where a cop killed two mushroom pickers for returning to a field after he told them he never wanted to see them inthe field again.

Oh yes, and he shot them in the back while they were handcuffed.

mj

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Weapons [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1699073 - 07/09/03 10:08 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Do you have an article MJ? What ever happened to that bastard cop?

Anonymous

Re: Weapons [Re: Effed]
    #1699115 - 07/09/03 10:41 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I always wondered...
if you're going to carry a gun with you, you're going to utilize it by shooting/killing someone. Legal consequences, my friends.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1699116 - 07/09/03 10:41 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I advise not to ever have a weapon on your person, some people don't follow that advice but i still think it is safer.

I knew this one indian guy who would carry this homemade weapon for wrassleing down rattlesnakes, hehehe he wouldn't go into the field without it so.. :crazy: 

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Weapons [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1699143 - 07/09/03 11:02 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I always carry a rather large folding pocket knife. I carry it more for utilitarian purposes than protective but there's no sense having a knife you can't whip out in a split second and isn't large enough to intimidate on sight alone. BTW, I have never used my blade violently or even threatened to but peace of mind goes a long ways. I'd say it has a lot to do with where you live as well. In my area everyone has a pocket knife and noone thinks it weird to display one in a movie theatre, federal building, etc.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification