Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Fireworks lead to death
    #1695697 - 07/08/03 08:29 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Link

Girls' Fireworks Fight Allegedly Leads To Slashing Murder

POSTED: 5:58 a.m. EDT July 7, 2003
UPDATED: 6:45 a.m. EDT July 7, 2003

PENSACOLA, Fla -- A fight that began with two teenage girls throwing lit fireworks at each other ended with one of them slashing the other's throat, police said.

Christine Rogers, 13, was charged with an open count of murder in the Saturday death of her 15-year-old friend, Ashley Harvey, Pensacola police Lt. Chip Simmons said.

Rogers was arrested and taken to the Escambia Regional Detention Center's juvenile justice department, where she remained Sunday.

Detective Greg Stone said the teens, longtime neighborhood friends and occasional foes, got into a fight over fireworks Saturday afternoon. It escalated to throwing lit firecrackers at each other.

The dispute cooled, but it intensified around 10:30 p.m. when Rogers heard that her 24-year-old sister was about to fight with some others over the earlier incident, Stone said.

When Rogers arrived at the fight scene, she saw Harvey and they got into a verbal confrontation. Rogers walked home and returned with a large butcher's knife, Stone said.

She chased Harvey with the knife until she finally turned around to defend herself. Rogers then slashed her throat, Stone said.

Neighbor Bessie Johnson said Harvey tried to elude Rogers but quickly realized she couldn't get away.

"That's when she cut her throat," Johnson said. "Ashley grabbed her neck; she was spitting up blood. That girl just stood and watched her when she fell."

Neighbors tried to stop the bleeding with a beach towel, and a nurse unsuccessfully attempted to revive Harvey.

She was pronounced dead at Baptist Hospital.

Rogers left the scene but returned a short time later when police arrived, Stone said.

"It doesn't make any sense," Johnson said. "It's just sad that as young as Ashley was, as young as the other child is, that two lives are over over nothing."

EDIT= FIXED SOURCE LINK

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStatic
Can you hear menow?

Re: Fireworks cause death [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1695959 - 07/08/03 11:11 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I can't believe I just read that, very sad.  :sad:

--------------------
Astronauts get all the tang they want.

InvisibleHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: Fireworks cause death [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1696077 - 07/08/03 12:19 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I really fail to see how the fireworks caused that :crazy: 

--------------------

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: Fireworks cause death [Re: Static]
    #1696137 - 07/08/03 12:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Lets blame this on videogames!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Fireworks cause death [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #1697057 - 07/08/03 07:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HarveyWalbanger said:
I really fail to see how the fireworks caused that :crazy: 

Good point!

Better now?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service