Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePhiShEaD
Just anotherPhace in thecrowd...

Loc: Front Row ; Center
Just some general ?'s
    #1695005 - 07/07/03 11:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

1. My cat asked me to find out what types of light are best for maximum pin formation (assuming he has a high enough humidity, low co2, etc. basically...all other conditions are optimum. He was planning on just leaving the terrariums (6 poor man's) in a corner of his room so that during the day, the light from the window will fill the room and be enough, and at night the light from the ceiling will hit `em. Is this ok? Any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated.
2. How much light is the min./max.? (Is it even possible to over-do the light?) Ive read anywhere from 5-10 minutes, .5-1.0 hours., all the way up to 18-24 hours.
3. Lastly, He is planning on using the incubator that consist's of two storage buckets(the rectangular ones), one filled with water,submersible aquarium heater in bucket, other bucket on top, jars in top bucket, top bucket sealed. Any comments on this type?? Good or bad...any information is helpful!!!

Thanks!

--------------------
OnCe iN a WhiLe YoU gEt ShOwN tHe LiGhT, iN tHe StRaNgEsT oF pLaCeS iF yOu LoOk At iT RiGhT...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
Re: Just some general ?'s [Re: PhiShEaD]
    #1695014 - 07/07/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Read this:

Best Light Source For Fruiting

Basically says it doesn't matter too much what kind of light, as long as you get some light during the day. If you like to be anal buy a lamp and put it on a timer 4 hours on 4 hours off...

Honestly IMHO opinion your setup sounds fine for light, my friend does it the same way and it's fine.

And your incubator sounds perfect...

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

OfflinePhiShEaD

Re: Just some general ?'s [Re: kukusz]
    #1695125 - 07/08/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Word...I think my cat's gonna stick with the lighting he has now and try that out since he's operating on a tight budget. If all goes well with this first grow, maybe he can start experimenting a little with the lights. Also, while its on my mind, what would you say is a minimum yeild for each cake? (EQ) Just like an average, rough estimate.
Thanks a bunch for the feedback!

--------------------
OnCe iN a WhiLe YoU gEt ShOwN tHe LiGhT, iN tHe StRaNgEsT oF pLaCeS iF yOu LoOk At iT RiGhT...

Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
    #1695131 - 07/08/03 12:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I would estimate about 7-10 grams dry off 4-5 flushes, more for some, less for others. AFOAF averages about 8 per cake after the 4th flush.

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: Just some general ?'s [Re: kukusz]
    #1695977 - 07/08/03 09:22 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My faery godmother has a blacklight and turns that on at night; she's let the shrooms be exposed to it the past two nights and they have grown a lot the past two days.

Wether or not that has anything to do with the light, however, remains to be seen :tongue: 

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
    #1696281 - 07/08/03 12:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

As long as there is a window in the room, there will be sufficient light for your mushrooms to grow. In fact all your mushrooms really need is a few minutes of light a day to grow. All they need the light for is to know which way is up so they know which way to grow, but the amount of light given will not affect wether you get mushrooms or not.

The heigth of your mushrooms will also not be determined by the amount of light provided. Sometimes mushrooms will grow longer if they have less light.
One way to use light to your advantage though, is by using blue light as your number 1 source of light.

Blue light has proven to be the best spectrum for mushrooms, than any other spectrum on Earth. Shown to stimulate upward growth, speed of growth, and overall health.
What is mostly recommended for use is blue LED lights, but LED lights are really hard to find, and they are really really tiny, so you would need A LOT of them to even make a difference in your chamber. So forget LED lights.

You can integrate the use of blue light by choosing a blue container as your growth chamber. The kind that isn't transparent, but will still let light through. This way, any and all light that enters the growth chamber will turn blue.
:smile:
You can accent this blue light by placing a fluorescent lightbulb on top of the lid for a few hours a day.

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflinePhiShEaD

Re: Just some general ?'s [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #1697383 - 07/08/03 07:49 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think what my cat is gonna do is take the six cakes and divide them into groups of two. The first group he'll use natural light(indirect-sun) during the day, and black light at night. The second group he'll have natural light during the day and no light at night, and the third he'll have in the blue containers with natural light. Thanks for all the replies! This will really help him get some good grow experiences under his belt!  Also ive been reading and alot of reliable sources tell me to cover the sides so the mushies only grow up. Any comments on that?

Thanks again! :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1698603 - 07/09/03 02:22 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It's been found that a black light actually will inhibit mycelial growth.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix