Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrdruid0
Stranger

Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage.
    #16942594 - 10/01/12 01:41 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

My usage of psychedelics have affected me in many positive ways. I have a new found appreciation for almost everything, and I see the world around me in a renewed light. I have experienced rapturous awe and cathartic ecstasy. But, psychedelics have had a negative lasting impression on my mind aswell.

I halucinate rather frequently, sometimes to a greater degree, usually to a lesser degree.

For instance, sometimes lights will strobe and the walls will breathe in and out, and all the time, certain patterns really mess with my perception. An example of such patterns would be the black text on a white page that is commonplace. While reading the text, the white of the page will flash and glow every time my eyes flick across the text to continue reading. Patterns that are often on table-clothes and place mats, and carpets, also wreak havoc on my perceptions. It will often appear the patterns are alive and moving, and the contrasty bits will strobe with the movements of my eyes.

Another noticeable affect, is the particles I new see dominate my field of vision. It is much worse when I am tired. What I see is an uncountable number of tiny particles - all different colours - flying about my vision. When I am tired, the particles are incredibly active, shimmering and vibrating like static on a television screen.

As I drift off to sleep, I often get VIVID CEV's. The millions of particles come together to create magnificent images of faces, things I am accustomed to, even entire scenes. I have literally no conscious control over the scenes, and am stuck witnessing whatever my sub-conscious mind wants me to see. I have learned something relevant to a real-world scenario multiple times from these scenes, but mostly they are just pretty visuals.

I also experience sleep paralysis quite often. Lucid Dreams when I remember them. OBE's whenever I can work up the courage to attmept an exit, and even then, the experience is fleeting.

I have stopped smoking weed, stopped taking mushrooms, stopped DMT, stopped meditating, all because these afflictions assailed me in my every day activities. For a good while, I was experiencing something horrific. They were like "mind-quakes." All of a sudden, I would feel a wave of energy pass through my head, I would - for a moment - perceive the world as vibrating, or feel as though I am vibrating, and after the wave had passed - which only took a second or less -  my vision would be quite blurred for a moment or two, I would get the sweats I associate with a mushroom trip, and I would hear a loud buzzing I associate with blasting off on DMT.

Also, since these things started happening, I have had a perpetual ringing in my ears. It is quite noticeable when I am in a quiet location, and causes me anxiety quite often.

Please, I would appreciate your input. I cannot thank you enough for reading this, as it has weighed on me significantly this past half-year. I have learned to deal with all of these things, but I feel so lacking of something, without my meditation, trances, and visionary experiences. Have these things assailed any of you? If so, how did you deal with them?

Any advice for me?

Thank you again, for reading all of that.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFoxDie
Spelunkin'
Male

Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: mrdruid0]
    #16942643 - 10/01/12 02:14 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Very interesting.

Seeing the particles is probably nothing.  I've always noticed them and just consider it normal "seeing".  They are easier to see when looking into dark areas.  It's like watching a grainy VHS tape.  I wonder if it's actually particles I'm seeing (unlikely due to their microscopic size) or just the "resolution" of my eyes since eyes are lenses of perception... a tool of the body.  But alas, it's cool to read someone else mentioning what I've given some thought to.

I can't relate with the other stuff as I haven't done anything except mushrooms and not too much.  But I will say that the day after a big trip, I lost the use of my thumbs and legs.  I had to work and I couldn't put my pants on.  I couldn't do the zipper or buttons and couldn't put my belt on.  It took forever.  Then I hopped on my bike and started peddling to work.  I didn't get far when I rapidly was loosing strength in my legs.  I pulled over to the curb to put my legs on the ground.  My legs hit the ground and I couldn't even support my weight so I collapsed onto the center bar of the bike to hold myself up.  It was TERRIFYING.  Mentally, I was back to 100% but for some reason, my body was failing me.  It's the only time it's happened and it happened the day after a terrifyingly stressful 6.5g cyanescens trip.

--------------------
Feels like my asshole's on fire... FEELS LIKE MY ASSHOLES ON FIRE!

OfflineHostDisorder
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: FoxDie]
    #16942705 - 10/01/12 02:51 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

How frequently have you been using psychs?

Offlinemrdruid0
Stranger

Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: HostDisorder] * 1
    #16942835 - 10/01/12 04:17 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I haven't used any for the past 8 months. When I was using, it was once every month.

Although, there was a time when I stupidly used shrooms 3 days in a row.

OfflineRabelais
Stranger
Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: mrdruid0]
    #16943220 - 10/01/12 07:44 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Ask your doctor about Keppra. It's the best treatment for HPPD available right now. DON'T take it while tripping, though. You'll go from happily dancing with faeries in a mushroom circle to introspective hell in like 30 minutes. I take it for seizures, not HPPD. Be on the lookout for suicidal ideation and psychosis though. It fucks some people up. Seems to have a genetic basis whether it does or not according to the last epilepsy journal I read.

The generic for Keppra is levetiracetam. No, it's not a smart drug. Taking (racetam) smart drugs makes it work better, though. At least for seizures, I don't know about HPPD. Frankly I just know so I can avoid taking it before or during a trip.

edit: Maybe I have raging HPPD and just don't know it because of the medicine I'm on.

Edited by Rabelais (10/01/12 08:12 AM)

OfflineUnknown_Tripper
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: Rabelais] * 2
    #16943279 - 10/01/12 08:10 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I have the same problem, around 2 years ago I did 2cb for a month everyday. The hppd all seemed to kind of spiral from there, I also heavily used mdma for 2 summers in a row. The hppd seems to come in waves much like 2cb does. Often I find my mood going from very positive to negative in a matter of seconds for no reason at all and I get anziety over absolutely nothing. For the past year or so I have been taking 5htp which is a serotonin supplement, it seems to help with mood. There are also things which make the hppd worse such as drinking coffee, smoking weed, drugs obviosly and even certain foods.

I have continued to smoke weed and do drugs since knowing I have this hppd, probably not a wise decision but I just like to trip... Over the last summer I did acid 16 times and it made hppd worse each time. I feel now that this hppd will not go and I am kind of use to it now. But like I said it does come in waves so its not like you gota put up with it being quite so intense all the time lol. Hope this helps you...

--------------------

Don't die in fear when they come for you

OfflineHostDisorder
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: Unknown_Tripper]
    #16943361 - 10/01/12 08:37 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yep, well now you know not to abuse these drugs.

you people learned the hard way. Who the fuck would trip every day under any circumstance?

OfflineRabelais
Stranger
Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: HostDisorder]
    #16943386 - 10/01/12 08:45 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HostDisorder said:
Yep, well now you know not to abuse these drugs.

you people learned the hard way. Who the fuck would trip every day under any circumstance?

While I'm inclined to agree with you that tripping every day is a terrible idea, it's not productive to just say "I told you so" to somebody who is asking for help, especially if you think you may know something that could help them. Seriously, Keppra is the standard treatment. Ask for Keppra mrdruid0. That's assuming your doctor isn't an ignorant dick who will have you committed the moment you mention seeing things despite not being a danger to anybody. Maybe go see a psychiatrist and not just your family doctor.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: Rabelais]
    #16943481 - 10/01/12 09:17 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Not sure someone can trip every day... Tolerance...  So... Huh

If after 8 months, I am going to say the issue isn't related to the psychedelics... A week or two.. Maybe....but months???  Either a pre-existing issue you were not aware of or perhaps you were...

But... I am not a Doctor and the best advice anyone can give is go to a doctor.... Get some help... Maybe therapy...

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineRabelais
Stranger
Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: HarryL]
    #16943496 - 10/01/12 09:21 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HarryL said:

If after 8 months, I am going to say the issue isn't related to the psychedelics... A week or two.. Maybe....but months???  Either a pre-existing issue you were not aware of or perhaps you were...

But... I am not a Doctor and the best advice anyone can give is go to a doctor.... Get some help... Maybe therapy...

Yeah I know I certainly couldn't do it, I mean, I've tried (I admit it was stupid). After day two nothing worked at all, not even threshold effects. Yeah, genuine mental illness could also be a possibility for this fella. Seeing a doctor is highly advisable.

Offlinemrdruid0
Stranger

Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: Rabelais]
    #16943557 - 10/01/12 09:32 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Rabelais said:
Quote:

HarryL said:

Yeah I know I certainly couldn't do it, I mean, I've tried (I admit it was stupid). After day two nothing worked at all, not even threshold effects. Yeah, genuine mental illness could also be a possibility for this fella. Seeing a doctor is highly advisable.

I have been to a few doctors. Quite frankly, there is the possibility I DO have something like depersonalization or derealization disorders, but I can deal with it, therefore I would prefer to avoid prescription drugs. I have adhered to an avoidance to prescription drugs my whole life, avoided Tylenol like a plague, even avoided medication during my recoveries from multiple surgeries.

I thank you all for reading, and providing your best attempts at advice. As one person said, it is cope-able, and I can live with it, and I AM aware it is a result of my own actions.

OfflineRabelais
Stranger
    #16943618 - 10/01/12 09:43 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I had a feeling you would say that for some reason. Oh well, your mental health is not my responsibility, I am not yet a doctor and you're not my patient. Have a good day.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: HarryL]
    #16944468 - 10/01/12 12:03 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HarryL said:

No way. Many people end up with long term or permanent Hppd. Maybe two weeks from a couple trips. But if you're munching 2c-b daily for weeks chances are you're not coming back for a while

Offlineflooter
Stranger
Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #19931409 - 05/02/14 10:29 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

here another one, i took mushrooms and a bunch of other shit but 2c-b was the main trigger. so i have this evil visualsnow thing for 8 to 10 years no. its not a joke, and yes you can get it from other drugs aswell i know that and even without ever using drugs you can get visual snow but then its seen as an migraine thing.

sry for my english peace.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: flooter]
    #19931526 - 05/02/14 11:05 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

flooter said:
here another one, i took mushrooms and a bunch of other shit but 2c-b was the main trigger. so i have this evil visualsnow thing for 8 to 10 years no. its not a joke, and yes you can get it from other drugs aswell i know that and even without ever using drugs you can get visual snow but then its seen as an migraine thing.

sry for my english peace.

how often were you taking psychedelics? only done 2c-b once. it didn't really  affect my vision too much though

Offlinespixce
Up, Up & Away
Male

Loc: AZ Flag
Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #19931770 - 05/02/14 12:39 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I've had visual snow my entire life but my use of hallucinogenic drugs made it worse and with 2cb i get flickering in the corner of my eyes while on it and a couple days after

--------------------

OfflineSixStripsDeep
Groove Master

Loc: Groove Town, USA
    #19932805 - 05/02/14 04:24 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mrdruid0 said:
Quote:

Rabelais said:
Quote:

HarryL said:

I have been to a few doctors. Quite frankly, there is the possibility I DO have something like depersonalization or derealization disorders, but I can deal with it, therefore I would prefer to avoid prescription drugs. I have adhered to an avoidance to prescription drugs my whole life, avoided Tylenol like a plague, even avoided medication during my recoveries from multiple surgeries.

I thank you all for reading, and providing your best attempts at advice. As one person said, it is cope-able, and I can live with it, and I AM aware it is a result of my own actions.

probably a good call man. I too am like this and will do anything in my power to avoid any pharmaceuticals. I think you are better off just trying to deal with it. I don't want to scare or offend anybody but it just seems like almost everything they create to try to fix something has the potential to fuck someone up way worse. I would never be comfortable taking a drug everyday that messes with your brain chemistry. ive done my fair share of experimentation with psychedelics, and have noticed sometimes ill get some crazy visuals. just yesterday I was outside looking at the trees and I had a crazy moment where I was looking at the moss on the trees and was just having a little flashback type thing if you could call it that. but it was so beautiful how the trees and all the greens looked. there is no way im going to be able to explain exactly how my perception was altered, and explain what I saw. but it was definitely related to my psychedelic use. but I remember thinking wow this is so beautiful, if this is a permanent side effect from psychedelics bring It on, and I don't mind if it persists for the rest of my life. its really hard to explain but I felt like I was tripping balls hard for a second. either way, I guess its just different. and I made the decision to try psychedelics and ill just live with the consequences. I feel they have helped me come to some good realizations, but at the same time things like this seem to happen sometimes. I don't think I necessarily see them as bad really. just different now. its hard to say if we are experiencing similar things tho. I am finding it so hard to explain exactly what I see and what is happening when I have these experiences.

Offlineice coffee
Stranger

Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: SixStripsDeep]
    #19932833 - 05/02/14 04:33 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Best thing you can probably do is just go longer without using them. Maybe time will heal these problems. I would just stay away from most drugs for now if i was in your position. Maybe weed and alcohol, but stay away from tripping for a bit!

Psychs have positivly affected my life so much I think shrooms were the best thing i could of done for me.

Negatively, people say I am a little more spacey, especially when tired, but thats just me thinking about shit, which i do more now.

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: ice coffee]
    #19933156 - 05/02/14 06:21 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Does it affect your quality of life?  If you have indeed abstained from ANY psychedelic for 8 months (including and especially, weed) then I think there was a pre-existing condition.  Are you looking for treatment options or just letting people know the dangers?

HPPD is common with prolonged use, but will normally fade away after 1-3 months of NO psychedelics.  Look back and see that you really did take that long of a break from them...

Look into a paleo style diet (not only for nutritional benefits, but to occupy the mind, fill empty thoughts) there can be so many possible reasons for your issues, that it could and does, fill volumes.  But try and go with it, work with what you have.  It will be good for others to see this thread so that they know that with prolonged usage can come problems.  Everything in moderation.  Now I just have to follow the advice myself :-(

--------------------
One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the dark conscious.
--Jung

Offlinelukeoverthere
chunky monkey
Male

Loc: metro atlanta, georgia
Re: Psychadelics have affected my daily life, long after their usage. [Re: j_db69]
    #19933340 - 05/02/14 07:17 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

j_db69 said:
there can be so many possible reasons for your issues, that it could and does, fill volumes.  But try and go with it, work with what you have.  It will be good for others to see this thread

im just curious if you would have any reading suggestions into some of the things being described.  ive always tried to relate to the goings on w/ a grain of salt and an ever expanding understanding that anything is possible (got a few friends that tell me about their experiences w/ the spirit world, past life regression, what not)

knowing a thing as HPPD does exist makes me open to helping others too.  ty for the knowledge drop yall

--------------------
[move]i know he can get the job, but can he do the job?  im not arguing that with you.  i know he can get the job, im not arguing that with you[/move]

Offline999
Number Nine?
 User Gallery

#19933603 - 05/02/14 08:34 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, the blasting off feeling and sound, I had it once recently, after some stressful stuff. I basically had a weak DMT trip, really introspective, scary, and humbling.

My advice to you is to stop thinking about it. This just compounds the problem.

Try not to worry so much, bro, I see fractals and stuff sometimes when I'm passing out.. and for me, the pavement still ripples from time to time.

It's all good, dude.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder