Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Type of Music [Re: Strumpling]
    #1693281 - 07/07/03 01:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Devadasi (Kif mix) off Makyo's album "Shringara" is a great track as well...

>>damn you have excellent taste!

I know.  :wink:

Love & Light,

Boppity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBetMomIsProud
Journeyman ofMycology
Loc: MI
Re: Type of Music [Re: Boppity604]
    #1693671 - 07/07/03 03:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, if you haven't got it already, download Buckethead's Robots and Monsters album. It's a great trip CD. I especially recommend the songs: Wishing Well, Electric Tears, and Big Sur Moon. Those are all electric guitar songs, but they're played by a technical master that can't be rivalled (Buckethead!!!). I highly suggest downloading these songs even if you don't want to trip to them.

--------------------
Nothing is idiot proof. Just need a real talented idiot.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Type of Music [Re: BetMomIsProud]
    #1693943 - 07/07/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

bah
The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Dire Straits (Sultans of Swing, esp), Cream are way better than any techno I ever heard :|

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Type of Music [Re: psyka]
    #1693947 - 07/07/03 05:44 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Agree'd. Techno has its place with certain drug's.. It was good on DMT for me, although i still thought Drums and Tuba was better.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Type of Music [Re: PDU]
    #1695496 - 07/08/03 03:14 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

if you're calling electronic music "techno" you probably haven't been exposed to good electronic music. I suggest you check out: Merzbow, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Autechre, Matmos, Mouse on Mars, Squarepusher, Venetian Snares, so many others.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Type of Music [Re: Aaladorn]
    #1695570 - 07/08/03 03:55 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Square pusher and boards of Canada are Alright...aphex twin i definately like, and i havent checked out the others. I find them unappealing and inorganic while tripping though...i think i said that earlier in this thread actually.

Im thinking of drum and bass, or hardcore trance as techno though.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineShroomyJ
Psychoactive Guy

Loc: Netherlands
    #1731995 - 07/20/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Metal or variations are normally my kind of music but when im tripping it gets very annoying and at a time i dont even hear 80% of it anymore..
Would this happen with goa/trance or something?

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Type of Music [Re: Syddartha]
    #1732094 - 07/20/03 10:44 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I remember being at Widespread Panic on a qtr of Azures and then the percussions dude sounded this REALLY DEEEEEEP horn. I was petrified by the sound and tho so overwhelming that it just reverberated a matrix awsomeness. No bad trip here.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Type of Music [Re: ShroomyJ]
    #1732289 - 07/20/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomyJ said:
Metal or variations are normally my kind of music but when im tripping it gets very annoying and at a time i dont even hear 80% of it anymore..
Would this happen with goa/trance or something?

I dont its a personal choice, metal would be very inappropriate in my opinion, as would goa/trance. I guess your gonna have to find out now arnt ya?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Type of Music [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1732329 - 07/20/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

TOOL... listen to third eye... its crazzeee on shrooms... or anything else

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Offlinedpc2424
headfull

Loc: inching towards the light
Re: Type of Music [Re: MeThoD]
    #1732385 - 07/20/03 01:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

woob is amazing while tripping...if you've never heard them download "on earth" or "nine churchill drive" or almost any of there songs. sends you into another galaxy. radiohead albums kid a or amnesiac also do the trick.

--------------------
"What is needed today is a fundamental reexperience of the oneness of all living things, a comprehensive reality consciousness that ever more infrequently develops spontaneously, the more the primordial flora and fauna of our mother earth must yield to a dead technological environment."

Offlinesoulbts
Stranger
Re: Type of Music [Re: dpc2424]
    #1733117 - 07/20/03 07:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I've had the best fucking trip of my life while listening to The Flaming Lip's Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots album. I just closed my eyes and let the energy flow through my mind. Totally amazing. The engineering and production on this album is some of the best I've ever heard. I'm a huge electronic music fan who was brought up on different types of music, but whats cool about this CD is it takes influence from everywhere. There is a strong Led Zepplin influence, as well as country/folk, with tastefull electronic influence as well.

PDU, I would suggest checking it out, because it is still a very organic combination with electronica.

Also, Peter Gabriel's Passion album is great. This album is also primarily electronic, but with organic instrumentation as well.

Its just me, but electronic music sounds more organic than anything I could think of, even though it is using synthesisers (what I'm into is a combination of synth and natural instrumentation though). The fundamentals behind most electronica have their roots deeply embeded in african and indian culture. The ideas of entrancing one with dance and driving beats is about as old and organic as any other celtic based rock or pop music of this century.

Offlinemushroomviking
Electric WhiskerButton

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: Type of Music [Re: soulbts]
    #1733648 - 07/20/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I haven't had much experience listening to music on mush.. I listened to some Led Zepp on my first trip, but that was just way messed up.
I listen to a lot of metal, and I was listening to Venom once, and the I swear I heard the best guitar solo ever, in Venom - One Thousand Days in Sodom.. I know you'd all think I'm nuts for listening to this sort of music on shrooms, but I really enjoy metal, so it's kinda good for me.
Electronica is pretty good, I enjoy Infected Mushroom.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Type of Music [Re: mushroomviking]
    #1734152 - 07/21/03 04:00 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If you like metal during trips, check out Opeth, Earthtone 9, Devin Townsend and Fantomas.

OfflinePsilo707
Entheonaut

Loc: Bay Area, California
Re: Type of Music [Re: Sheepish]
    #1735241 - 07/21/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I listen to a lot of Techno (well, I listen to a lot of music period.. a damn lot), and I dont think its the greatest on shrooms. Its definitely THE music for more synthetic trips, namely E or possibly LSD. But Shrooms are such a natural trip that I'll stick with Floyd, Tool, and a lot of the other great rock bands through the ages. IF you're going to listen to electronic music while shrooming, get some Psytrance or similar. Dont boot up your fastest Happy-Hardcore mix... hehe.

OfflinePremo84323
Stranger
Re: Type of Music [Re: Psilo707]
    #1741728 - 07/23/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

OK Ive tripped on shrooms many of times..and found the best way to create your own ambient sounds with cool edit pro a 300$ program..well you can get the serial just as easy as you can search for it...if you got time you can learn the program and figure out how to create your own albums,insert your own voices, beats,etc..i find creativity limitless...you can have 2 weird songs playing at once and record that to your burner take some trip and it sounds awe inspirng...the 2 songs i mixed were ambient and ghost town music..
I went to the barnes n nobles..and theyve got what you want for any audio mood or personality or nationality you want to explore while being in an altered state. I find music the key to your trip..and the gates to your subconcious and the connection to other peoples subconcious as one stream of vibrations we all create. hah those arent the shrooms talking...maybe thats edgar cayce..*cough a clairavoyant psychic* Ill give you guys some titles you can go look up and try theses albums out when you get "altered" or just wanna chill and listen to music..

1-i start with this album it has creature like noises,ambient moods,insect like noises,calming mists..etc...its called (A recollection of Proto-ambient music from (_:Hearts of Space:_)it has a frog on teh cover :P
2-you need calmin music after the first cd you want no beats..maybe a few clanks and jitters..I found a great cd at barnes n nobles by Paul Sauvanet called Nomad..it has a camel with an egyiption walkin it through the red sarah sands...this music is ultimatly my fav for being in an alterted state..
3THE electric tribute to pink floyd is a great cd for anyone who loves pink floyd its a musicaly electric ride..the first song welcome to the machine takes you from clocks tinging..to this alien like wahhh..wahhh noise and you enter the world of electric...a very good album for any tripper
4-DUST to DUST by Steve Roach & ROGER KING is a great cd ...its basicily ghost town music..no happy rythems or jolly melodies..its very "sobering while tripping" but also a great enhacement of the mood during a trip while your say rideing your bike :P pretending your on a horse possibly? trust me you want this if you have an open mind for being on mescaline and listing to this..its ultimate!!!
5-Tangerine dream -7 letters to tibet.. is a strange album from hte eastern cultureative time for tangerine trippin..any Tangerine dream elevates your mood or takes it places you never dreamt
6-Ambient sleep music..is amazing for when your at those last 2 hours or so during your trip before you go to bed..its amazing how your mind can be awake..and your body feel so heavy and demanding to sleep..this might help reverse the effect...i mean listen to the whole cd and youll know what i mean...its great for even listening to during your peak!

well that concludes my musicical persepctive..most music with no words..or crazy beats ..is perfect for a natural trip..now if you wanna feel alien or outta this realm..explore the horrible title "new age" and it has alot of great artists who wanna take your mind for an innerstellar ride!!!

-Brian

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Type of Music [Re: Premo84323]
    #1741746 - 07/23/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Alright, ive been listening to alot of Janes addiction lately, and it would definately be something i would want to trip to. Same with Siouxsie and the Banshee's, and New Model Army.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineElvish
enthusiast
    #1742871 - 07/23/03 09:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Aphex Twin's Drukq's  made me feel I was being train raped by aliens.
:oogle:  :oogle: :oogle: :oogle:

Anonymous

#1742891 - 07/23/03 09:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I listened to some of Janes Addiction the other day an they have a great accoustical approach...so fuckin beautifull music.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Type of Music [Re: TxTec]
    #1742939 - 07/23/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TxTec said:
I listened to some of Janes Addiction the other day an they have a great accoustical approach...so fuckin beautifull music.

absolutely, they have awesome bass lines, and perry ferral is a great creative lyricist, im listening to them right now.:D

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale