Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Can you guys verify the legit-ness of these cacti Im about to buy? [Re: Observatory]
    #17003811 - 10/10/12 07:39 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Well, the brain is very complicated, and I've read studies that showed that there is a connection between the 5-HT2A receptors and the NMDA receptors.  But I don't know where the studies are off the top of my head, and I've never tried taking the two together.

I do know that if you're on an SSRI/SRI like trazadone, you can get serotonin syndrome because DXM is an SRA.  But trazadone has a short half life, so as long as it's been 24 hours or so since you've last taken it, you'll be fine.

I guess the only way to know if you'll trip on the DXM is to try it.  I'm sure you'll have some effects, though there's a possibility that the trip may be less psychedelic.  And possibly less euphoric, as your serotonin system is blocked and downregulated.  But you'll probably still get the dissociation for sure.

--------------------
Put America to sleep with warm milk and clichés.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagicalOrangutan
Curious Cat
Male

Re: Can you guys verify the legit-ness of these cacti Im about to buy? [Re: BothHands]
    #17005294 - 10/10/12 01:23 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BothHands said:
Well, the brain is very complicated, and I've read studies that showed that there is a connection between the 5-HT2A receptors and the NMDA receptors.  But I don't know where the studies are off the top of my head, and I've never tried taking the two together.

I do know that if you're on an SSRI/SRI like trazadone, you can get serotonin syndrome because DXM is an SRA.  But trazadone has a short half life, so as long as it's been 24 hours or so since you've last taken it, you'll be fine.

I guess the only way to know if you'll trip on the DXM is to try it.  I'm sure you'll have some effects, though there's a possibility that the trip may be less psychedelic.  And possibly less euphoric, as your serotonin system is blocked and downregulated.  But you'll probably still get the dissociation for sure.

Most people I know who've tried DXM (including myself) didn't like it; it feels like a weird dirty braindead drunkish feeling? Then again I didn't take in very much. Couldn't drink that much cough syrup lol

--------------------
On the ground you lay, with your dogs you pray, at a neon hieroglyph sky you gaze

Hugging your mind, praying to survive, feeling the love of the hieroglyphs in the sky
We all need more love, and mainly less hate
Hate is the blind that covers the heart's eye
That makes the heart's eye cry
Locked deep away in the skies of our minds

It's all in the mind

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Re: Can you guys verify the legit-ness of these cacti Im about to buy? [Re: MagicalOrangutan]
    #17006154 - 10/10/12 04:09 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

DXM is kind of shitty unless you do it right.  If you take enough (350mg or so) with weed (weed is a must), turn on some music, and lay down in a dark room with your eyes closed, magical things do start happening.  Almost like a K hole, but with less headfuck, less immersion, and the ability to get out any time you want.  But it's actually a pretty cool experience.  I've found myself gently drifting through the clouds, floating underwater over the coral reefs, flying through galaxies in space, and all sorts of wonderful fun things.  If it doesn't happen right away, be patient.  Wait about an hour after drinking the syrup, then lay down.  You may have to lay motionless with your eyes closed for a good 20 minutes before awesomeness. 

I don't like DXM much, because it makes it very hard to pee, gives me double vision, makes me clumsy, and isn't all too euphoric, while being pretty hard on your body.  I prefer MXE or K if I want a nice fun hole, but DXM does have its upsides, and it's definitely worth having the real experience once in your life.  It's peaceful, interesting, and fun.  But after 6 hours of drifting through space, you kinda wanna get on with your day, but you can't because you can't pee, see, or walk.

--------------------

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
Re: Can you guys verify the legit-ness of these cacti Im about to buy? [Re: BothHands]
    #17006265 - 10/10/12 04:30 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Why all this messing around with dissociatives?

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

Curious Cat
Male

#17007000 - 10/10/12 06:32 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BothHands said:
DXM is kind of shitty unless you do it right.  If you take enough (350mg or so) with weed (weed is a must), turn on some music, and lay down in a dark room with your eyes closed, magical things do start happening.  Almost like a K hole, but with less headfuck, less immersion, and the ability to get out any time you want.  But it's actually a pretty cool experience.  I've found myself gently drifting through the clouds, floating underwater over the coral reefs, flying through galaxies in space, and all sorts of wonderful fun things.  If it doesn't happen right away, be patient.  Wait about an hour after drinking the syrup, then lay down.  You may have to lay motionless with your eyes closed for a good 20 minutes before awesomeness. 

I don't like DXM much, because it makes it very hard to pee, gives me double vision, makes me clumsy, and isn't all too euphoric, while being pretty hard on your body.  I prefer MXE or K if I want a nice fun hole, but DXM does have its upsides, and it's definitely worth having the real experience once in your life.  It's peaceful, interesting, and fun.  But after 6 hours of drifting through space, you kinda wanna get on with your day, but you can't because you can't pee, see, or walk.

Cool. I'll think about it someday.

Back to other conversations, what would 20 inches of bridgesii tea do, in your experience? Me and a friend are gonna do about that much each, so I wanted to know your perspective. 8 inches of bridge did something similar to what you said it'd probably do to you, so I thought you might be a somewhat accurate gauge lol

--------------------
On the ground you lay, with your dogs you pray, at a neon hieroglyph sky you gaze

Hugging your mind, praying to survive, feeling the love of the hieroglyphs in the sky

It's all in the mind

OfflineFakePlasticSky
Fake Plastic Trees
Male User Gallery

Re: Can you guys verify the legit-ness of these cacti Im about to buy? [Re: MagicalOrangutan]
    #17007019 - 10/10/12 06:35 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MagicalOrangutan said:
Back to other conversations, what would 20 inches of bridgesii tea do, in your experience? Me and a friend are gonna do about that much each, so I wanted to know your perspective. 8 inches of bridge did something similar to what you said it'd probably do to you, so I thought you might be a somewhat accurate gauge lol

You go into Jesus Mode

--------------------
I've kissed mermaids, rode the El Niño.

Offlinepurelycontradictin
Male User Gallery

Loc: your mother's ass
Re: Can you guys verify the legit-ness of these cacti Im about to buy? [Re: FakePlasticSky]
    #17007083 - 10/10/12 06:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

what would you say is a good dose for a first timer to use recreationally? that is, without too much intensity, but a good amount of color and magic?

OfflineFakePlasticSky
Fake Plastic Trees
Male User Gallery

Re: Can you guys verify the legit-ness of these cacti Im about to buy? [Re: purelycontradictin]
    #17007162 - 10/10/12 06:53 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

purelycontradictin said:
what would you say is a good dose for a first timer to use recreationally? that is, without too much intensity, but a good amount of color and magic?

You are asking the wrong person.  I've only had like 10 trips from Cactus in my lifetime.  I only do 18" doses; but my tolerance is way high.

What I hear is the 8" is the all-day lollipop, 12" is a heavier dose (manageable), 18" + is when you are on the "Jesus Mode" level.

--------------------

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Re: Can you guys verify the legit-ness of these cacti Im about to buy? [Re: purelycontradictin]
    #17007295 - 10/10/12 07:07 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MagicalOrangutan said:

20 inches is a great experience.  Full on roll feeling, tons of lovey-dovey empathogen effects, with very noticeable visuals, melting, colors and hilarity.  Much clearer headspace than you'll ever ever get on mushrooms.  If you've ever done a candy flip, that's pretty much the same feeling. 

Quote:

purelycontradictin said:

It's very very difficult to have a bad trip on mescaline.  It's just too euphoric to be bad.  It has that same powerful euphoric push of MDMA that no other psychedelic has in my experience.  If you eat 5 feet or something, I'm sure you could get mindfucked enough to potentially have a bad time, but even then it's doubtful.  If you have any psychedelic experience at all, definitely jump in the deep end with this one.

--------------------

Offlinewooky
Stranger
 User Gallery

#17007373 - 10/10/12 07:19 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

when i lived in tucson i froze 4 feet of san pedro. then thawed and peeled off waxy skin....cut into "stars" and cut out "woody" core. then blended the rest. put blended material in pot with water and lemon juice..boiled for a long ass time...added more water...boiled more then strained through a tee shirt..discarded pulp left in shirt and boiled down remaining liquid to a goo like consistancy...rolled into balls and coated in sugar..my nefue and i split the 50 or so little balls chasing them with beer....i felt nothing for a while while we were playing video games, mabey an hour or longer...until i went to take a piss and saw myself in the mirror!....wow

Curious Cat
Male

#17007498 - 10/10/12 07:37 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BothHands said:
Quote:

MagicalOrangutan said:

20 inches is a great experience.  Full on roll feeling, tons of lovey-dovey empathogen effects, with very noticeable visuals, melting, colors and hilarity.  Much clearer headspace than you'll ever ever get on mushrooms.  If you've ever done a candy flip, that's pretty much the same feeling. 

Quote:

purelycontradictin said:

It's very very difficult to have a bad trip on mescaline.  It's just too euphoric to be bad.  It has that same powerful euphoric push of MDMA that no other psychedelic has in my experience.  If you eat 5 feet or something, I'm sure you could get mindfucked enough to potentially have a bad time, but even then it's doubtful.  If you have any psychedelic experience at all, definitely jump in the deep end with this one.

Cool, that's what I wanna hear :laugh:

--------------------

It's all in the mind

Curious Cat
Male

#17007501 - 10/10/12 07:38 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Also mag..if possible, can you tell me what Jesus Mode is? O.o

--------------------

It's all in the mind

Curious Cat
Male

Re: Can you guys verify the legit-ness of these cacti Im about to buy? [Re: wooky]
    #17007505 - 10/10/12 07:39 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wooky said:
when i lived in tucson i froze 4 feet of san pedro. then thawed and peeled off waxy skin....cut into "stars" and cut out "woody" core. then blended the rest. put blended material in pot with water and lemon juice..boiled for a long ass time...added more water...boiled more then strained through a tee shirt..discarded pulp left in shirt and boiled down remaining liquid to a goo like consistancy...rolled into balls and coated in sugar..my nefue and i split the 50 or so little balls chasing them with beer....i felt nothing for a while while we were playing video games, mabey an hour or longer...until i went to take a piss and saw myself in the mirror!....wow

What did you see??

--------------------

It's all in the mind

OfflineFakePlasticSky
Fake Plastic Trees
Male User Gallery

#17007524 - 10/10/12 07:42 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MagicalOrangutan said:

When I make the statement "Jesus mode"; anything is possible.  You can see walls melt into color after color.  Maybe you have a conversation with a being or someone not even there.  It's when your mind is open enough to see something as profound as a man walking on water.

--------------------

Curious Cat
Male

Re: Can you guys verify the legit-ness of these cacti Im about to buy? [Re: FakePlasticSky]
    #17007551 - 10/10/12 07:45 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magnifier661 said:
Quote:

MagicalOrangutan said:

When I make the statement "Jesus mode"; anything is possible.  You can see walls melt into color after color.  Maybe you have a conversation with a being or someone not even there.  It's when your mind is open enough to see something as profound as a man walking on water.

Well I'm all over that. If I throw up any, I'll make sure to throw up in a container and then drink it again lol..gross, but I ain't gonna miss a thang :laugh:

--------------------

It's all in the mind

OfflineObservatory
Male

#17007583 - 10/10/12 07:50 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Both Hands the DXM trip worked out great, brief trip report here

So trazadone is an SSRI? I have to wonder why I didn't get serotonin syndrome from taking the cactus. Possibly because I didn't eat the dark green outer part.

The main thing for me is finding a way to trip on cacti while still being able to sleep each night. Saphris causes SSRI effects for 2 weeks was it? Would switching back to trazodone for sleep be a solution?

--------------------
Look around you

OfflineObservatory
Male

Re: Can you guys verify the legit-ness of these cacti Im about to buy? [Re: Observatory]
    #17007591 - 10/10/12 07:50 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

How does freezing it effect the trip?

--------------------
Look around you

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

#17008107 - 10/10/12 08:50 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You won't get psychedelics won't give you serotonin syndrome when used with SSRIs, because most psychedelics don't release serotonin, they only bind to a few select serotonin receptors.  Serotonin releasers like DXM or MDMA will release serotonin (obviously), which can bind to all your serotonin receptors. 

I suggest you buy some melatonin, L-theanine, and benadryl and cut all the caffeine and stimulants from your diet.  You'll have some crappy nights of sleep for a week or so, but eventually you'll get used to sleeping without the powerful antipsychotics. 

Quote:

Observatory said:
How does freezing it effect the trip?

Freezing the cactus makes it easier to peel off the waxy outer layer.  Aside from that, water expands when it freezes, which causes the cell walls of the cactus to rupture.  This makes the mescaline more readily available, so it'll hit your quicker.  There probably won't be any huge effect in overall experience, just a faster onset.  The stress of freezing may cause an increase in mescaline production in the cactus, but it hasn't been proven, just a theory based on anecdotal evidence.

--------------------

OfflinePOWAtrippinDiscord
Decidedly Undecided.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zone 9b
    #17008667 - 10/10/12 10:10 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I have never EVER had a bad time on cactus.  EVER.  Not even close.

Even when I puke, its great.

--------------------
Don't believe everything you think.  TRADE LIST

‹Sell Your Soul› You know this place is owned and operated by the Illuminati, right?
‹lsdwithme› i possibly just smoked a rat turd :facepalm:

Curious Cat
Male

Re: Can you guys verify the legit-ness of these cacti Im about to buy? [Re: POWAtrippin]
    #17008732 - 10/10/12 10:21 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

GreedAndVanity said:
I have never EVER had a bad time on cactus.  EVER.  Not even close.

Even when I puke, its great.

yeah on 8 inches, I was by  myself and the set and setting were horrible..but I didn't get freaked out, which I thought was cool.

--------------------

It's all in the mind

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom