Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAshana
Instant Creature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany
Stabilization ?
    #1693422 - 07/07/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hi,

here is a question to the experts among yourselves.
How can a mushroom strain made to be stabilized -
and what exactly does that mean ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Stabilization ? [Re: Ashana]
    #1693710 - 07/07/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Usually when I think of stabilization I think of natural selection causing pressure to be forced upon the strain in the direction that is most advantageous for its survival. For example, if you isolate mycelium from a fruitbody in the wild and grow it on agar you'll often notice its radial growth rates are significantly more uniform (quantified) than a different dikaryotic isolate that was grown in vitro (The Fungi, second edition, Carlile, Watkinson, Gooday (c) 2001.)

I would guess, if you were trying to apply it to in vitro style growing it should be synonymous with strain selection (the media on which you grow it is a big factor in this.) If there is an external force acting upon it, for example H2O2, I'm sure this would change its characteristics to some extent, but there is a *very* large number of forces acting upon something like this in the wild. I think it is the average of all of these pressures that defines stabilization so I don't know if it would apply to in vitro growing.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck