Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >
OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gamehendge
Re: So it seems Jam Bands are finally able to reach into my soul. [Re: OZA]
    #16942350 - 10/01/12 12:24 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OZA said:
Quote:

The_Aviator said:
Quote:

OZA said:
Quote:

jewunit said: I highly doubt it has anything to do with Trey's cooperation or some shit.

Or is he the guy who is glad he got caught so he thinks everybody else should get caught? Not that I know, I'm just speculating.

Do you realize that what you are saying doesn't even make sense? He doesn't seem to care that Fishman seems to be tripping all the time. All of his fans are constantly tripping or doing drugs. His music clearly encourages drug use.

Trey is a humble, nice, and hard-working musician. He is constantly touring and giving up much of his time to spread joy and good music.

His music may go well with drug use, but his on-stage drug rants don't..

You still aren't making any sense. I support drug courts rather than prison or other things like large fines. It actually makes drug abuse a health issue rather than a criminal issue. It is clear that you are trying to find something to complain about because you don't like Trey.

--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek
Phish videos and discussion!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
    #16942351 - 10/01/12 12:25 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

He probably thinks like most other ex-addicts think: Getting sober is the best thing that happened to him and it should happen to everyone.

I still am not following how this makes the band "anti-drug" and tons of drug stings happen at Phish shows and not other shows because of that. It's a pretty large leap in my mind.

--------------------
!

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #16942352 - 10/01/12 12:25 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I love how "He tripped in high school" means "He trips all the time". :rofl:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

Re: So it seems Jam Bands are finally able to reach into my soul. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #16942367 - 10/01/12 12:28 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:

I never even explicitly said that. I said it seems like Fishman trips all the time. The last time I know for a fact that he tripped was in 2003 because he admitted to tripping after some particular show. Besides, why does it matter so much?

--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek

OfflineOZA
When the going gets weird.....
 User Gallery

Re: So it seems Jam Bands are finally able to reach into my soul. [Re: The_Aviator]
    #16942374 - 10/01/12 12:32 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I too am for drug courts over prison, wholeheartedly. But I was browsing phish forums and people were talking about Trey having drug rants in the middle of a set. I love Phish and have nothing against Trey..

E: It's not that any of us are against him, you definitely seem protective of him though. The guy went straight and expects everybody else to do so. Come on..

--------------------
The happiness consists in realizing that it is all a great strange dream.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: So it seems Jam Bands are finally able to reach into my soul. [Re: The_Aviator]
    #16942375 - 10/01/12 12:32 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The_Aviator said:
Quote:

BlindSophist said:

I never even explicitly said that. I said it seems like Fishman trips all the time. The last time I know for a fact that he tripped was in 2003 because he admitted to tripping after some particular show. Besides, why does it matter so much?

2003 is prior to his glowing experience with drug court in 2006.

It matters because a) I seriously hear more about people getting busted with drugs at Phish shows than any other band ever, and I don't even follow Phish-related news and b) his very pro-drug-law stance, if taken at face value, would appear to predispose him to aiding and abetting crimes against heads "for their own good".

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: So it seems Jam Bands are finally able to reach into my soul. [Re: jewunit]
    #16942376 - 10/01/12 12:32 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
He probably thinks like most other ex-addicts think: Getting sober is the best thing that happened to him and it should happen to everyone.

I still am not following how this makes the band "anti-drug" and tons of drug stings happen at Phish shows and not other shows because of that. It's a pretty large leap in my mind.

He is an upper-middle class weekend musician.  He enjoys playing with his friends and is glad that he can make a buck off the system.  He is not a soul musician like Jerry Garcia.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: So it seems Jam Bands are finally able to reach into my soul. [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #16942379 - 10/01/12 12:34 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

It's just phishy, I tell you. :cop:

No? Tough crowd... :unwanted:

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

Re: So it seems Jam Bands are finally able to reach into my soul. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #16942417 - 10/01/12 12:42 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
2003 is prior to his glowing experience with drug court in 2006.

It matters because a) I seriously hear more about people getting busted with drugs at Phish shows than any other band ever, and I don't even follow Phish-related news and b) his very pro-drug-law stance, if taken at face value, would appear to predispose him to aiding and abetting crimes against heads "for their own good".

I was talking about Fishman tripping, not Trey... Did you watch the video where Trey was singing about hitting the Sour Diesel? There are so many Phish songs that reference drugs in a positive way. Getting busted at Phish shows is irrelevant because that is the venue's fault or the local police. Example: a lot of people get busted at Jones Beach. But that is because much of the venue area is public so the police patrol it hard. There are many venues that result in minimal to no arrests.

To me it doesn't seem like Trey is pro drug laws. It seems he is pro drug court for the way that the current laws are. And I stand there with him.

--------------------

Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

Re: So it seems Jam Bands are finally able to reach into my soul. [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #16942437 - 10/01/12 12:46 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
Quote:

jewunit said:

He is an upper-middle class weekend musician.  He enjoys playing with his friends and is glad that he can make a buck off the system.  He is not a soul musician like Jerry Garcia.

Haha, what?

How is he making a buck off any system?

How is he a weekend musician?

How is Jerry Garcia a soul musician?

--------------------
!

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: So it seems Jam Bands are finally able to reach into my soul. [Re: jewunit] * 1
    #16942444 - 10/01/12 12:48 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

He sucks is all I'm saying.  Its not complicated.

Free sVs!
Female

#16942448 - 10/01/12 12:49 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

:ilold:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

#16942449 - 10/01/12 12:49 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Oh okay, that's fine. I don't see what that has to do with drug busts and shit.

Edit: He's better than Jerry's four-fingered self was though.

--------------------
!

Edited by jewunit (10/01/12 12:50 AM)

OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

#16942455 - 10/01/12 12:52 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You guys just want to not like Trey. And I don't care, that is fine. But you should at least admit that you want to not like him rather than trying to find ways to justify it.

--------------------

Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek

OfflineOZA
 User Gallery

#16942458 - 10/01/12 12:52 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:

Edit: He's better than Jerry's four-fingered self was though.

You really just said that..

--------------------

Free sVs!
Female

#16942472 - 10/01/12 12:56 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The_Aviator said:
You guys just want to not like Trey. And I don't care, that is fine. But you should at least admit that you want to not like him rather than trying to find ways to justify it.

Why shouldn't I want to like him? :hmm:

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

#16942473 - 10/01/12 12:56 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck yeah I just said that.

--------------------
!

OfflineOZA
 User Gallery

#16942514 - 10/01/12 01:07 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:

Jerry created a fucking genre with his 4 fingers. You wouldn't know of Trey and his costume wearing buddies if it wasn't for Jerry. Trey just extended the genres duration while keeping his fingers busy on stage.
Trey wouldn't know what a jam was if Jerry didn't think of improvisational guitar playing when there was only improvisation in jazz (John Coltrane, Miles Davis, et al).
It's no coincidence that Phish got famous in the mid-90s when the Dead was going down. They were around 10 years prior and their name was barely heard. I wonder why..

--------------------

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
Re: So it seems Jam Bands are finally able to reach into my soul. [Re: OZA] * 1
    #16942565 - 10/01/12 01:23 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OZA said:
Quote:

jewunit said:

Jerry created a fucking genre with his 4 fingers. You wouldn't know of Trey and his costume wearing buddies if it wasn't for Jerry. Trey just extended the genres duration while keeping his fingers busy on stage.
Trey wouldn't know what a jam was if Jerry didn't think of improvisational guitar playing when there was only improvisation in jazz (John Coltrane, Miles Davis, et al).
It's no coincidence that Phish got famous in the mid-90s when the Dead was going down. They were around 10 years prior and their name was barely heard. I wonder why..

very true

but what I dont get is why arent we praising the cavemen and the beats they made by rhythmically beating shit to create music in the beginning.

Jerry didnt start shit, the caveman with a stick started the jam scene

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

#16943392 - 10/01/12 08:50 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OZA said:
Quote:

jewunit said:

I don't think that's historically accurate.  For example, Jefferson Airplane was well known for improvisation during shows.  Here's a video of them jamming in 68... 

I might add that Trey destroys Jerry at guitar.  No contest.

--------------------

"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder