Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

After lucid dream, I'm sure God and Art live in all of us.
    #1692871 - 07/07/03 01:37 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I've got to relate this experience before I lose it. I was just lucid dreaming, and I was either picking up radio signals in my head, or else I was composing some really really good music. Wow. Also, I was having a full blown trip, and I felt like I was on NOS also. The songs I wrote were from all genres. First there was this intricate techno playing, and I forced myself awake because I was sure it had to be coming form the real world. Nope, no music, it was all from my head. I drifted back to sleep and this time it was HOLY SHIT I just remembered the paintings in the library. I was lucid dreaming in a library, and on the wall there was the most beautiful artwork ever. There was a series of paintings, about six in all, of the same hillside, throughout the seasons. It was subtle, it was amazing. This really makes me sure that we are all of the same conciousness, there's a body of art out there that I tapped into, I just don't have the manual skills to manifest it on paper or CD. But some people do, and I think thats how art works on a basic level. I just remembered another song that was going on in my head. God they were so crisp, so real. I can play the first line of the second song I heard on the piano. It was a woman singing with a slight country feel. "Come with me, [something] in time again." I'm glad I wrote this down because I can feel the experience slipping from my memory as I type this. God this was just great.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: After lucid dream, I'm sure God and Art live in all of us. [Re: Noviseer]
    #1692916 - 07/07/03 01:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Just want to keep writing, cause I really can't remember the dream as well anymore. This dream, or series of dreams, as I woke up each time in astonishment, were unlike any other dream i've ever had. Completely unlike them. The closest thing I can relate it to is a big big hit of No2 I had when I was in high school, which I lost consciousness from. Each dream was a different manifestation of this cache of art. Once it took a form of a library, very appropriate. One took the form of a series of corridors through space leading to different artifacts. Each dream had a distinct soundtrack that was so external. If I sit here and write music in my head, its very much a part of me. That music I heard in the dream really felt like it came from some where else. I'm sure I was in a quiet room. It feels like someone was playing a radio next to my head fucking with me, and hiding under my bed when I woke up. This is astounding. ITs an epiphany. I'm an artist, I'm so mundane, but I'm an amazing artist. Its not my art either, I can't paint, well I can write music, and I'm definitely going to expand on the snippet of the song I kept from my last dream. For anyone that understands music speak, it was in 6/8 time, which I've never written in before. The chords were simple, Root for one measure, then three beats on the four chord, three beats on the five chord, and back to one. The melody is haunting. It was in the key of B natural, a very weird key that I never use. What does this tell me? I tapped into something special, and brought back a song that was pre-written, waiting for someone to find it. I feel like i'm plagirizing the universe! Who do I say wrote this song? When people ask me, I guess I can tell them that "we" wrote it. Who? The universe. God. You, Me, everyone. This was more profound than any trip I've ever had.

--------------------

OfflineKenny Bus
The enlightend

Loc: ontario
    #1692959 - 07/07/03 01:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

kool
i'm still a lucid virgin =(
so do you think you were accessing some part of your subconcience or contacting some outside influence?

--------------------
KB

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1693002 - 07/07/03 02:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Next time you are lucid and in enough control, paint intentionally. You could bring it back to real life. It's been there all along, you've just got to learn to tap into it. Bring your subconscious out and just draw/paint without consciously thinking about it. It's hard at first. But music, yeah, awesome, found a new source of inspiration.  :grin:

Sounds like a great experience man. I've had dreams like this. It really shows you how complex the mind is, it's always going.   

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology