Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Loc: Texas
Physical Body Image and Tripping?
    #1691550 - 07/07/03 12:39 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Just a quick sort of survey. I was wondering if there is a small or measurable correlation between body image and the quality of a trip. To make it personal I have the common thirty something spare tire. I am very tall and thin otherwise, but the six pack is long gone. If I were to ever trip again I would make it a goal to get back in shape physically. Get that six pack back. Sort of a strong mind, strong body sort of thing.

I was just wondering if there could be something drawn up that would correlate experiences between skinny, muscular (or tight), and overweight trippers. I mean, if you are skinny do you ever resolve, during a trip, to beef up a little? If you are overweight do you ever tend to resolve to lose weight and get in shape during a trip? Is that common?

Personally, and in my opinion only, it seems that if your body is at a peak of performance, then you can eliminate body image from your things to worry about. OR, if you are perfectly comfortable with being a big brother or stringy little guy, then maybe it doesn't matter. It is all a function of perception.

I kind of find it to be a good thing. When I decided that it was possible that I might take a journy in the near future (after a loooooooong hiatus) I started working out a little each night and watching what I eat. Surely this will have a benifit all of its own.

Am I out in right field here, or what?

-RR68

--------------------
"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Physical Body Image and Tripping? [Re: RANKSRAGGY68]
    #1693788 - 07/07/03 06:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Certainly, if your dissatisfied with yourself physically, and it sounds like it is something thats on your mind...It will come up during the trip and you will most likely resolve yourself. Decide to take measures to get the body image you want, and start taking measures to achieve it.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1694520 - 07/07/03 11:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

That happens to me more when I'm stoned. When I'm tripping, I really don't care what I look like because I'm too busy having a wonderful time. I even love looking in the mirror and staring at my face and watching it change and morph and giggling at how huge my pupils are. Basically, I become more accepting of my body (which I believe is more important than wanting to change it).
I went through a period of lack of confidence in my body when I was stoned - I would see my skinny hands and envision how disgusting it appears to everyone else. And make fun in my mind of certain parts of my body/face. I seem to have gotten over that though, but it kinda did help. It was like putting my ideals/image/body to the test. You are your own worse critic after all....

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Loc: Texas
Re: Physical Body Image and Tripping? [Re: PDU]
    #1694807 - 07/08/03 12:30 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Like I mentioned, I have been at peak performance before. I guess you are right, it is something that is on my mind. Especially when I have to hold my breath to put on my shoes. I supposed to be tall and skinny!! I kind of look like I'm holding a watermelon in my belt. From past experience I know that whatever is on my mind will come up during a trip. Not this one, not the next one, but eventually. I'll keep up the workouts and knock off of the junkfood to prep this vessel for God's food.

Quote:

PDU said:
Certainly, if your dissatisfied with yourself physically, and it sounds like it is something thats on your mind...It will come up during the trip and you will most likely resolve yourself. Decide to take measures to get the body image you want, and start taking measures to achieve it.

--------------------
"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1694904 - 07/08/03 12:57 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Dont rely on the mushrooms to kickstart you, but i wouldnt be surprised if they do give you that added motivation. Ive personally become much healthier since ive started using mushrooms...just because naturally produced (fruits and veggies) are very much more appealing to me, and fast food and junk food makes me sick now (thats how revolting its become!). I enjoy trying new things and eating healthy now, aswell as exercise. I find Doing stuff...especially in nature, very enjoyable now.

Goodluck.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports