Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Mental Health
    #1691203 - 07/06/03 10:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

so im just thinking.... maybe i shouldnt. I wonder if thoughts or our drive to understand is controlled by certain chemicals in our brains. or like something related to that which something like zoloft regulates? you know like seratonin. So i was thinking, if we always feel compelled to understand, we use our brains no doubt. O but how virtuous it seems to try and understand. But if you think about it really, maybe not. Then maybe you come back to rest. Our heads are kind of like a centrifuge, and in the center maybe is that lightbulb. But when I take shrooms that centrifuge starts going so damn fast. But it pulls on me, and it sucks life out of me. And not even while im on it, but now sometimes i feel like the more i try the more i just fail. Its like my brain has over clocked. Sometimes ive felt like my head was going to melt down.

But i really want to know is, is there parts that your brain regulates these functions? Is my trying too hard to understand detrmental to my health? If it is... how would I go about dealing with this. Taking time to draw stuff out doesnt help. I need to just learn some kind of excersize to keep me spaced out, not to think about anything. I seem to do real well even when im not thinking, my body seems to know, "feeling" guides me.

I wonder if i should seek some help. Is there anyway a doctor could see a misbalance of chemicals.... like maybe i secrete too much seratonin. or i block too much or make it in spurts i dont know.

i know things feel off. Im just tired of being tired, i think all the damn time about stupid shit and i feel like i go no where. My head just spins and im seperated from it. Thats why i ilike sleeping, i dont try a damn thing... i just sleep. I dont want to take more drugs to try and fix something that i dont know. I dont want to be a robot... i just want to chill.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Loc: Texas
Re: Mental Health [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1695314 - 07/08/03 03:35 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Go see a doctor and explore your options. See a doctor that specializes in these things. A psychiatrist can probably diagnose better than your family GP. Don't waste too much of your life trying to put your finger on it or trying to just live with it. If there is help out there, and chemicals that can balance you out, go look for them. At one point you wanted to expand your mind so you took shrooms, right? Now the brain is out of whack, so why not try to find something that can help that?

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Mental Health [Re: RANKSRAGGY68]
    #1695336 - 07/08/03 03:45 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i mean i think i know what it would take to get there. but with the issues ive going through lately its been rather hard to find peace. sometimes i think i get too out of whack sometimes when i think about things too much. im sure smoking pot doesnt help, but ive tried to start reading again, getting myself ready. Sometimes you will find that zone that you are like at zen with your life, your mind and your body seem to work together with everything. getting more excersize, cutting back on the weed definately.

but like you said about the psychatrist, i dont think it would be too bad to not go see a doctor about it. just to make sure all is well, cause i mean if its nothing truely detremental to my mental health than im sure its rather a need for a change in lifestyle.

sometimes i wish i had better control over some things. but maybe just like what you said, just try not to nail it. just let go? but be level headed about it, if i need the medical attention than persue... good idea. thanks for your reply man.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being