Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefieldcubensis17
wanderer
dunking after 3 day birth
    #1690751 - 07/06/03 05:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

hey there, if i birthed my cake and placed it in the fruiting chamber 3 days ago can i take it out tonight and dunk it and then put it back in or do i have to dunk it only RIGHT after birth? thankyou also could you give me some good links to good teks. also how do you drain the cake and how long do you wait to put the cake back in the fruiting chamber after you have removed it from the water. peace

--------------------
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out- Timothy Leary

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: dunking after 3 day birth [Re: fieldcubensis17]
    #1690767 - 07/06/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/dunktek.html

As long as there aren't pins forming on it already, you should be okay to dunk (dunking would damage or kill the pins).

If it is pinning, I'd wait till after the first flush.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: dunking after 3 day birth [Re: neutralizer]
    #1690776 - 07/06/03 05:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This got me thinking;

My mom grows african violets. She has this neat system for watering; the puts a length of yarn in the pot with the plant in it, then lets the other end of the yarn hang in a bowl of water/nutrients. Water travels up the yarn to nourish the plants.

I wonder if something like this could be done for cakes? I guess it would really increase the chances for contam, but if it were done in a clean terrarium/environment, maybe lost water could be replaced this way?

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: dunking after 3 day birth [Re: neutralizer]
    #1691171 - 07/06/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Placing the cake directly on wet perlite would have essentially the same effect.  People have claimed increased yields from doing so, but there's also an increased chance of contam.  Do a search for more info.  :smile:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds