Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefactory81
enthusiast

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ibiza, Spain
Rubbing the cake to tell contam?
    #1689655 - 07/06/03 06:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Okay someone on here I think posted, you rub the cake's spots of what look like contamination and then if it rubs off a color its a contam, if it just doesnt rub a color its okay. Is this the correct theory?

I have a gerbil in a cage that has 3 jars going on, and he reports the cakes have shrunk, one cake got black spots, one cake got bright yellow spots, no tests were done with the yellow spot cakes. But the black spotted cake was taken out in speculation of contam, makin sure it wasnt like vermiculite stickin to the cake. Then I give the cake a good rub on the black spots, sure as shit it rubs like chalk on my hands and leaves a pitch black look. So I wash my hands with soap and dump the cake. ALSO A BIG BIG QUESTION. A few cakes seem to shrink / blue ish turquoise color almost. Now this one black cake I took out, the turquiose color rubbed off also onto my fingers, it was black, but there was not black spots on that area. So this makes me wonder, is my jar left that is also blued / turqoise kinda be contaminated? Reason i really dont think its contaminated is because The white stuff has grown over the blueish / turqoise tint at a steady pace as if the cake has been bruised or something. The jars also seem as tho I can find a lil water here and there but nothing to worry about such as water buildup on the floor of the jar. I appreciate your help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefactory81
enthusiast

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Rubbing the cake to tell contam? [Re: factory81]
    #1690141 - 07/06/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

bump

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#1690200 - 07/06/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They are contams throw them out. :frown:

Offlinefactory81
enthusiast

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Rubbing the cake to tell contam? [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #1690374 - 07/06/03 02:47 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ouch, im prayin they are from being to dry and or heat burned or bruised as they more or less fall into that catogory then a mold I think. The mycelium grows over it like nothing, it occured late in the jar. Its not spots, it just a general "discoloration" of the entire uncolonized cake substrate, then the white stuff eats it heavily. I have looked around and can hope it falls into this catogory. Mycelium doesnt eat molds correct?

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1690696 - 07/06/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Okay someone on here I think posted, you rub the cake's spots of what look like contamination and then if it rubs off a color its a contam, if it just doesnt rub a color its okay. Is this the correct theory?

WHAT THE %&$@! Why in the hell would you want to touch some contamination to see if it rubs off on your skin? A cake is white. They can bruise blue or bluish green. Sometimes they turn a yellow brown from dying. I suggest you wear a glove when you play with the contaminated spots. Black spots would be a clear indication of contamination to me.

Natural selection in action....

--------------------
To give is to live...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies