Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
HOw can anyone exercise controll over a miracle?
    #1690286 - 07/06/03 04:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

the miracle i am talking about is
1 the existance of a beautiful wonderful place called earth
and
2 the magical creation of a life.

now these things were clearly not created by man, rather some mystical force, god, a higher power, whatever.
the miracle i am talking about is
1 the existence of a beautiful wonderful place called earth
and
2 the magical creation of a life.

now these things were clearly not created by man, rather some mystical force, god, a higher power, whatever.
What i would like to know is how the hell other people and governments of the world believe that they have the right to place any control over this miracle.

seriously, what gives anyone or any government the right to say what one can or cannot do on this miracle we all live on, its not the govt's land it is the land of god. and if anyone should be telling us what to so it should be him/her/it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: HOw can anyone exercise controll over a miracle? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1690494 - 07/06/03 05:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

God's not here man.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1690729 - 07/06/03 07:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

try S&P.

we are not an outside force acting upon and controlling something else which is of divine creation. we are a part of that reality, and like all parts of it, we move, interact, and interdepend on the other parts.

additionally, there is no reason (in my mind) to believe that the universe was created by a 'higher power' which existed before the universe was created. before there was everything, there wasn't anything. but there wasn't really nothing either, because nothing is in relation to something. rather, there wasn't nothing, and there wasn't something. there was neither. the universe has always existed for all of time... and we're all made of stars.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: HOw can anyone exercise controll over a miracle? [Re: ]
    #1690939 - 07/06/03 09:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

somthing came from nothing, hence the miracle. i know that most people cant realise this but, hence is the natire of the matter.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineMaynardIsGod
Chomskyite

Loc: Virginia
    #1690946 - 07/06/03 09:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. Something came from nothing? Thank god someone realized the nature and beginnings of the universe after so many thousands of years. I'll believe that something came from nothing, and that the universe didn't exist in some form for eternity once someone can prove that it did. Thank you very much.

--------------------

"But we create human nature. Men are infinitely malleable." - George Orwell, 1984.

Anonymous

#1690955 - 07/06/03 09:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

nothing in only in relation to something, and vice versa. something and nothing were born simultaneously. before there was something, there wasn't nothing. there was neither something nor nothing... nothing is something, in a sort of way.

i say again... the universe has ALWAYS been here. it didn't come from nothing, and no one created it...

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #1691263 - 07/06/03 11:09 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Please keep religion and government separate.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1691339 - 07/06/03 11:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, something and nothing / full and empty are mental constructs. And as far as government goes, it was born of necessity. Since the beginning of man there has been some form of governance whether it was the leader of a clan of cavemen or whatever.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion