Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

Why is it...
    #1689106 - 07/06/03 12:47 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

That people with logical reasoning are always ignored?

seriously... sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who has a brain. Everyone I know does stupid shit all the time and I tell them not to do something and they do it anyway and it always ends up bad for them.

just a small example: yesterday i was driving and a train was going by then just stopped. the we sat there for like 5 min and the other girl with me was like 'turn around and go down such-and-such street then this street then that street to get around the train' i was like 'no by the time we actually get out around all these cars and through those streets the train will be gone... besides, you're not the only one with that idea, everyone else will be doin it and there will be tons of traffic' 5 more min of arguing... so since i had all day and she was paying for the gas i did what she wanted me to do. guess what? When we finally got turned around the train started moving again and was gone by the time we even made the first detour of our alternate route which took 15 min to get us back to where we were in the first place.

seriously... this happens on a daily basis. everyone wants to talk shit about me and tell me to stop analizing things too much... but in the end I'm always right.

it just really brings me down... I thought when I graduated high school this shit would stop and everyone would just i dunno, have a magical enlightening ray of sunshine shine upon them and be smart.

guess not.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Why is it... [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #1689127 - 07/06/03 01:02 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

wyldtouch69 said:
it just really brings me down... I thought when I graduated high school this shit would stop and everyone would just i dunno, have a magical enlightening ray of sunshine shine upon them and be smart.

lol thats people for ya

I think there is some kind of mystical field that has to automatically block common sense and logic and all that good stuff away from large numbers of people. Cuz think about how the world would be if everyone listened to the smart people since they're always right....it would be perfect :crazy:

We cant have that now can we?? :smirk:

The world cant get perfect, its not aloud...

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1689134 - 07/06/03 01:07 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Everyone has an opinion. Everyone has ideas, some ideas are better then others. Your logic may seem as stupid to others as other people's logic might not seem great to you.

If you entertain other people's logic more often you might find that other people will entertain your thoughts on a more regular basis. Not only will you learn from other peoples mistakes, but other people will learn from your wisdom.

After of several attemps and failure from other's logic they will have no choice but to start listiening to you.

Just remember, no one like's it when someone says "I told you so!"

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Why is it... [Re: djd586]
    #1689146 - 07/06/03 01:13 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

wyld: seriously... sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who has a brain

a statement like that suggests a lack of intelligence, and the inability to grasp reality outside one's own ego.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Offlinegedezia
backlash
Loc: heaven
    #1689243 - 07/06/03 02:13 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

greeting, lesbian from far away state!! its a pleasure and i know exactly what you mean.. you think people will mature but they dont.. you think your thoughts (which SHOULD be recognized) will be at a certain time by your friends/peers.. but oh well.. haha. i dont mean to laugh but, dont hold your breath. theres one thing i dont understand; why if these people irritate you so do you continue to spend time with them??? if theyre such ignorant buffoons then wouldnt it be better to be alone? to go watch a river rush ALONE? you are obviously better than them, more advanced.. so why allow them to taint you? (put up with them) anyway i wish you well, and i hope you find someone who is of your caliber; someone who shares your thoughts, someone who will bring you happiness. farewell

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1689427 - 07/06/03 04:20 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Association with fools is ever painful

--Buddha (Dhammapada 15)

But don't hate fools, because that won't make them any less foolish. People are simply different...

OfflineKenny Bus
The enlightend

Loc: ontario
Re: Why is it... [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1689450 - 07/06/03 04:36 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

wyldtouch you must be that magical enlightening ray of sunshine and shine apon them!

--------------------
KB

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Why is it... [Re: Kenny Bus]
    #1689858 - 07/06/03 12:32 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

What's most important is that you drop your expectation that your friends or anyone you offer advice to, will listen to it. No matter how "right" you are, that doesn't mean another person will agree. Even if it's something that's plain common sense, there are always people who will disagree on ceremony just to be antogonistic.

You should simply feel good about sharing your opinion and advice with them...to offer them your reality/truth. The important thing is to not expect them to listen. Helping others is a noble motivation...getting upset because they won't listen is an egotistical act of attachment.

I know what you're talking about too...been there more often than not...but the sooner you let go of the expectations you place on the situation, the sooner you'll realize that you've done your part to try and help them. That's all that matters.

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1690269 - 07/06/03 04:13 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You sound as if you've figured out the keys of the Universe and you're angry that no one else did.
It's good to provide constructive criticism, but don't think yourself better than someone because of something as trivial as how you think. Everyone is different, and everyone thinks differently, for a variety of reasons.

We all do stupid shit. It's a part of learning.

Recognize that you are not perfect, and that there is always room for improvement. Do not get mad or frustrated at others for being "stupid".. teach them, with love, how they could approach the thought from a different perspective. Do not be condescending, they will not learn that way.

It is ego that makes us think we are better or smarter than someone, but do not let that illusion block your vision! The truth is, we are all one, and if you hate something in someone else, it is really only a reflection of something within you that you hate.

Love yourself, love others. Teach with patience and understanding. Always learn, there is always room for improvement.

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: Why is it... [Re: Shroomism]
    #1690299 - 07/06/03 04:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

"and if you hate something in someone else, it is really only a reflection of something within you that you hate"

I disagree with that for a plethora of reasons, but I wont de-rail this so-called discussion. If someone is oppressing someone else, I dont hate them because I am internally oppressive, I hate them because they are violating someone's human rights. nuff' said.

--------------------

Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

Re: Why is it... [Re: Shroomism]
    #1690306 - 07/06/03 04:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

hmmmm... some very nice replies.

Some of you all think I'm egotistical... I'm not that bad... I was just very frustrated at the time i wrote that.

atomicfunksoldier: did you actually take my comment about me being the only person with a brain seriously?

god i hope not.

gedezia: I hang out with them cuz they're my friends and i have fun with them... but it seems like they do things on a daily basis that have absolutely no rational logic reasoning and just leaves me standing there dumbfounded.

*sigh* I have the curse curse of a Leo... big hearted and loyal.

oh and maybe just a hint of egotistical behaviour. :wink:

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

#1690548 - 07/06/03 05:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

no, I just used that sentance because it was the most explicit example of the point I wanted to make, if your whole post was sarcastic, then its excusable, but it wasnt.

saying something like:

"sometimes I think I'm the only person in the world who has a brain"

in the context of a few paragraphs of thought that directly support that statement is not sarcasm, and if it is, then it is poorly forumulated sarcasm.

analogy:

I hate (insert race) people

the other day i saw a bunch of (insert race) people robbing a liquor store, man...why are they all like that......blah blah blah.

theoretical person attacks this statement: "I hate (insert race) people"

-and then you say: oh...I hope you didnt take that seriously.

conclusion: of course I didnt take it seriously, I dont have the energy to take moronic statements seriously. No offence. But then again, I know nothing about your situation, so maybe your opinion is warranted...no matter how egotistical.

--------------------

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Why is it... [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1690600 - 07/06/03 06:22 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I think you're getting a little heavy on her, man.  :smile:

I personally have to agree -- most people out there, in my experience, don't think ahead, don't attempt to analyze things within any kind of logical context, and refuse to entertain a thought that contradicts what they've been told.  Their way is always the right way.

This is not to say that they are not intelligent in their own ways and in their own fields -- but I find that the ability to analyze and think in somethin gother than a shortest-path computation is most useful, and probably the major component of real genius and wisdom.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Loc: Mass
    #1690756 - 07/06/03 07:40 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Everyone does dumb shit that others feel is counterintuitive. But the difference with you is, you know why you did something stupid, so it doesn't seem stupid to you. This happens to everybody. My friends complain about everyone else on the road being terrible drivers, but then when they make a mistake, they totally fail to realize it as being a mistake most of the time. They wonder why someone cuts them off when they are going 15+ over the speed limit. I guess I do this sometimes to. Like I zone out and almost rear-end someone... everyone thinks I'm an idiot, but I know I just worked 12 hours and am tired. Or when I tried to do an endo and the brakes locked up and I fell head-over-handlebars. They thought I'm fucking retarded. I knew I was able to do them a hundred times before, but failed to realize that the road was kinda sandy. From inside my head, it makes sense and I am a totally rational person (I'll just exam the road alot more closely next time). My friends just see a bumbling idiot.

--------------------
"Why do women have breasts?"
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology