Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
BRF cakes spawn
    #1689077 - 07/06/03 12:34 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I guess i just have a few questions from everything I've read.

I have at least 6 BRF cakes that look good. Maybe 10 but I'll post pics of the other 4 to see if they're good or have cobweb. The mycelium looks different (its not growing in ropes but growing in a "fuzz") but is the same shade of white as the definately good cakes.

Anyways I'm going to spawn these into a poorman's pod.

From fungifun I've read about spawning to a container with wet perliculite in the bottom and fanning a few time daily. I've also read about the poorman's airstones in the bottom.

Is the purpose of the poorman's pod as opposed to simply fungifun style pod to simply automate the procedure of air exchange?

If I took a couple cakes and cased via 50/50 and put into the same poorman's pod would the humidity be correct for the entire incubation/fruiting process? Or should I case then cover with plastic and put back into the incubation chamber for a period of time? Then move back to the pod? From the faq the humidity level needs to change a little for casing incubation/fruiting that's why I'm asking.

Would a disposable aluminum baking pan with saran wrap top suffice for the casing?

I don't have a PC and don't really want to get one so, would BRF and regular cakes 6-12 at a time or a couple casings be sufficient to sustain 1-3 people for a time.

If this works a regular cycle of having incubation for 2-3 weeks and fruting for 2-3 in a rotating cycle would be planned.

Finally what's a good progression for learning experience? Please offer suggestions on the following:

1. BRF cakes
2. BRF cakes - casing
3. Whole grain - casing
4. Liquid mycelium
5. Whole grain - bulk

Oh and one final question. Is the only purpose for liquid mycelium a faster incubation time. (ie liquid mycelium - whole grain much shorter than innoculation BRF)

-tia

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblefungalrfarmer

Loc: United States
Re: BRF cakes spawn [Re: cb9fl]
    #1689117 - 07/06/03 12:54 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The poormanspod is an awsome tool. Cakes can sit right on the geolite. They wick moisture from rocks.

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: BRF cakes spawn [Re: fungalrfarmer]
    #1689137 - 07/06/03 01:08 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

From fungifun I've read about spawning to a container with wet perliculite in the bottom and fanning a few time daily. I've also read about the poorman's airstones in the bottom

Use the perlite(not periculite) in the bottom and fan. It just works better.

Quote:

If I took a couple cakes and cased via 50/50 and put into the same poorman's pod would the humidity be correct for the entire incubation/fruiting process?

It should be right but make sure you keep an eye on it.
Incubation-80%-85% humidity
Cultivation-90%-95% humidity

Quote:

Would a disposable aluminum baking pan with saran wrap top suffice for the casing??

Sounds good.

1. BRF cakes-Follow the PF-Tek you should be fine.
2. BRF cakes - casing-Crumble about 2 cakes and use poo or straw just make sure its non-nuitrive. Pastureize dont sterilize!

Good Luck! :cool:

Offlinecb9fl
Re: BRF cakes spawn [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #1689161 - 07/06/03 01:23 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"Use the perlite(not periculite) in the bottom and fan. It just works better."

So you're saying that's better than the poorman's pod?

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Offlinecb9fl
Re: BRF cakes spawn [Re: cb9fl]
    #1690375 - 07/06/03 04:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

any more advice or information for me?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation