Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hemp, HEPA Filter

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Pollen will put pot growers out of action
    #1688077 - 07/05/03 03:40 PM (14 years, 22 days ago)

http://www.theokanagan.net/story.html?story_id=4341&search=POLLEN%20WILL%20PUT%20POT%20GROWERS%20OUT%20OF%20ACTION

Michael Glendinning holds a can of No Grow, a mix of hemp pollen and other materials that force marijuana plants to go to seed, ruining their value. Glendinning said the product is introduced to a home through the heating system and will be a deterrent to marijuana grow operations. DARREN HANDSCHUH/The Daily Courier

POLLEN WILL PUT POT GROWERS OUT OF ACTION

KELOWNA -- A local man says he has a tool that will help landlords weed out pot growers.

Michael Glendinning says No Grow is a natural product that is sprayed in a home's heating system and will prevent pot plants from going to bud.

"The bud is where the money is. If there's no bud, the plant is worthless," he said.

No Grow is made up of small amounts of hemp pollen and other ingredients that Glendinning refused to disclose.

"It's 100 per cent non-toxic. It's totally legal. It's 100 per cent natural," he said adding the hemp spores will not affect people with pollen allergies or asthma.

Glendinning said the invention came about by accident when an unidentified couple had their marijuana grow operation go to seed.

"They figured out how it happened and decided, 'let's fight the good fight,'" he said, adding the product has been tested on an actual grow operation.

"In 48 hours, it was turning to seed."

Glendinning said the pollen is spread through the house by the furnace system and is attracted only to female pot plants. It will not affect other plants.

"Every time the fan is turned on, the spore is released," he said.

He said his goal is not to eradicate grow-ops in the Valley, but to help landlords protect their investments.

Grow-ops can destroy because of the heat and high humidity needed to grow the plant. Glendinning said the operations can cause significant damage to a home and put insurance claims at risk.

For a monthly fee of $35, No Grow will be professionally sprayed into a heating system once a year. Glendinning said the tenants will be given notice and stickers telling the product is in use will be placed on doors and some windows of the house.

Glendinning gets the pollen from legal hemp growers.

Kelowna Coun. Ron Cannan attended Thursday's demonstration of the product as a concerned citizen.

"It seems like a very innovative idea to address a problem in our community," said Cannan. "It's only a matter of time," he said, before a firefighter or police officer is seriously injured or killed by a booby-trapped or electrified grow operation.

Cannan said the mayor, RCMP and fire department are all behind the product.

Glendinning said the product is ready for sale.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: Pollen will put pot growers out of action [Re: motaman]
    #1694104 - 07/07/03 08:45 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

How come destroying a genus of plant is legal when the plant is illegal? I'd think there would be some allergy problems too.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Pollen will put pot growers out of action [Re: TinMan]
    #1698058 - 07/09/03 01:31 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Sound like the product is male plant pollen, it "mates" with the female plant and forces the flowers to seed.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Pollen will put pot growers out of action [Re: TinMan]
    #1698870 - 07/09/03 07:10 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Solution: Hepa filter for your grow closet. :wink:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Pollen will put pot growers out of action [Re: Sev]
    #1699706 - 07/09/03 03:14 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

I just want to know why he's holding a whip creamer...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Pollen will put pot growers out of action [Re: debianlinux]
    #1699925 - 07/09/03 04:25 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

I just want to know why he's holding a whip creamer...

I think the caption says it all:

Michael Glendinning holds a can of No Grow, a mix of hemp pollen and other materials that force marijuana plants to go to seed, ruining their value.

I guess I don't get it... he is spreading pollen which causes the buds to produce seeds. Sure, this is a pain and lowers the value of the end product somewhat, but it isn't a show stopper...

I wouldn't want to be in his shoes when the lawsuits start filing in from people with alergies, etc, that start having adverse reations after he has sprayed their homes.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineHans_Moleman
????

Loc: Canadia
Re: Pollen will put pot growers out of action [Re: Seuss]
    #1701550 - 07/10/03 02:42 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

so they put this in, before someone moves in??? or when they know they are growing???

--------------------
One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition, because It is not chemically addictive as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Pollen will put pot growers out of action [Re: Seuss]
    #1702086 - 07/10/03 11:50 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

I understood the creamer was a propellant device it just seems to me that there are far more economical (think hand pump, not cartridges) ways of doing the same thing. I guess they plan to sell single use "units".

Hans: I'm pretty certain that if your lessor knows that your growing he/she's gonna do more than make your crop go to seed. I'm sure it is to pretreat a unit/building.

Overall, the whole idea is a crock of shit designed by marketing drones.

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: Pollen will put pot growers out of action [Re: motaman]
    #1702939 - 07/10/03 04:18 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

These are meant to pretreat houses before people move in.......sooo, wouldnt a can of lysol or something kill pollen in a hyothetical growspace?

It would be easy to get around this......what a dumb idea.....couldnt a savvy grower clean and disinfect the growspace and or hepa filter incoming and outgoing air or something

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hemp, HEPA Filter

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service