Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Voices you hear in your head while tripping
    #1687869 - 07/05/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I noticed that when I'm tripping(especially the time I took 5 grams) certain words and phrases go through my head, and each one of them has its own unique voice. Examples:

"Can't you see it?"<<
"It's all just a lie"<<
"Truth"<<

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Voices you hear in your head while tripping [Re: silversoul7]
    #1687916 - 07/05/03 11:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I find it interesting that many hallucinations people experience are usually built off the expectations people go into the trip with.  The experience itself is neutral; inherenty empty of meaning.  How we label and empower it will determine how we experience and react to it.  I would simply treat every trip as a new experience and not make any expectations on it.  Made for some very funny and enjoyable trips that way. 

Truth is subjective...it's our mind that taints reality through dualistic concepts and fantasy...psychedelics are a great tool for helping remove the dualistic nature of the ego and help us experience consciousness in a linear way.  The best way I can describe this experience is by say: There is no Ego, there simply is.  Conceive of your mind as a mirror of all perceptions..but a mirror which attaches value to those perceptions.  From these labels we fail to see the true perceptions, and base our experiences off our beliefs/morality and begin to see things that aren't there or in ways they don't truly exist.

A good example of this is how when you first fall in love with a partner.  When people believe that their happiness is dependent on external phenomena (in this case ultimate happiness being placed on the emotions that our lover brings out in our mind) we don't see the person for the person they truly are at first.  Everything about the person becomes perfect; every aspect of their being fulfills our ego's need for the "lover" fantasy in our mind.  We no longer see the lover for who they are, but only see the fantasy of "the perfect lover" and our mind projects those elements on to them.

After several months or years, however, once we've become used to the lover in our reality...the fantasy starts to fade and we start to see them for who they really are.  No longer able to fulfill the "ultimate lover fantasy" our mind has conceived, the partner's attributes and attitudes that we consider bad or upsetting will no longer be overlooked.  A lot of couples have fights because they live with expectations over each other based off their "ideal lover" fantasy of mind.  And even worse, some partners will be so abrupt as to force ultimatums on their spouse to either live up to their fantasy of the ideal partner or they'll leave them.  It's a shame really.  The happiest couples I've ever met, gay and straight alike, have always been made up of the same type of people:  people who knew themselves well, people who know that their happiness revolves around them and not others, and most importantly people who are accepting of their lovers' weaknesses and faults instead of loving the lover in spite of those faults.

Eek..sorry for the ramble...but my point with the above example is that we can attach expectations onto ANY event or phenomena.  If we go into a trip with expectations on the experience, you can best be sure a lot of what you will experience are those expectations...but sometimes in ways you'd never thought possible.  :smile:

I swear...give me some A/C and Goa and I'll just type and type and type.  :smile: 

Love & Light,

Boppity

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1687941 - 07/05/03 11:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I hear the cosmic sound. That high pitch metallic sounding background noise that you can't shake off and so have you have to put on your headphones.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Voices you hear in your head while tripping [Re: Boppity604]
    #1687943 - 07/05/03 12:00 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wonderful post Boppity! I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts on the matter and in reading them, have gained a greater understanding of why things may have gone as they did in my own past relationship.

Everyone should take this comment in particular to heart, as I believe it will help displace most negative psychedelic experiences:

"I would simply treat every trip as a new experience and not make any expectations on it"

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1688158 - 07/05/03 02:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah a lot of the time I notice these voices are resonating from my current breathing, thought-processes, and throat/tongue actions

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Voices you hear in your head while tripping [Re: Strumpling]
    #1689019 - 07/05/03 10:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I typically used to hear either three voices of myself, or 'white noise' would turn into voices. Sometimes of crowds of people talking to me, and sometimes just one person. These occured as actual hallucinations, too.

OfflineMusicMind
journeyman

#1689237 - 07/06/03 12:07 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Boppity604 said:
I find it interesting that many hallucinations people experience are usually built off the expectations people go into the trip with.  The experience itself is neutral; inherenty empty of meaning.  How we label and empower it will determine how we experience and react to it.  I would simply treat every trip as a new experience and not make any expectations on it.  Made for some very funny and enjoyable trips that way. 

Truth is subjective...it's our mind that taints reality through dualistic concepts and fantasy...psychedelics are a great tool for helping remove the dualistic nature of the ego and help us experience consciousness in a linear way.  The best way I can describe this experience is by say: There is no Ego, there simply is.  Conceive of your mind as a mirror of all perceptions..but a mirror which attaches value to those perceptions.  From these labels we fail to see the true perceptions, and base our experiences off our beliefs/morality and begin to see things that aren't there or in ways they don't truly exist.

A good example of this is how when you first fall in love with a partner.  When people believe that their happiness is dependent on external phenomena (in this case ultimate happiness being placed on the emotions that our lover brings out in our mind) we don't see the person for the person they truly are at first.  Everything about the person becomes perfect; every aspect of their being fulfills our ego's need for the "lover" fantasy in our mind.  We no longer see the lover for who they are, but only see the fantasy of "the perfect lover" and our mind projects those elements on to them.

After several months or years, however, once we've become used to the lover in our reality...the fantasy starts to fade and we start to see them for who they really are.  No longer able to fulfill the "ultimate lover fantasy" our mind has conceived, the partner's attributes and attitudes that we consider bad or upsetting will no longer be overlooked.  A lot of couples have fights because they live with expectations over each other based off their "ideal lover" fantasy of mind.  And even worse, some partners will be so abrupt as to force ultimatums on their spouse to either live up to their fantasy of the ideal partner or they'll leave them.  It's a shame really.  The happiest couples I've ever met, gay and straight alike, have always been made up of the same type of people:  people who knew themselves well, people who know that their happiness revolves around them and not others, and most importantly people who are accepting of their lovers' weaknesses and faults instead of loving the lover in spite of those faults.

Eek..sorry for the ramble...but my point with the above example is that we can attach expectations onto ANY event or phenomena.  If we go into a trip with expectations on the experience, you can best be sure a lot of what you will experience are those expectations...but sometimes in ways you'd never thought possible.  :smile:

I swear...give me some A/C and Goa and I'll just type and type and type.  :smile: 

Love & Light,

Boppity 

that is seriously one of the best posts on this board i have ever read. but it could mainly be because afoaf just recently took 3gs this past w/e with 3 total strangers and freaked the Fuck OUT and realized that they subconsciously actually DO stereotype people before they meet them and never in a million years would've said that they do to a certain extent. but him having that bad trip and being able to analyze what all happened when coming down, that post made him relate BIG TIME. and that whole relationship thing was an EXCELLENT similie(sp?) 

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Voices you hear in your head while tripping [Re: MusicMind]
    #1689349 - 07/06/03 01:14 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

that is good  :thumbup: 

--------------------
What?

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

Re: Voices you hear in your head while tripping [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1689373 - 07/06/03 01:37 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It feels like a pre-emptive explanation of the auditory hallucinations I experience while high on psychotomimetic drugs. It's well crafted and eloquent but I can't figure out how you can consciously override your unconscious expectations. I also can't figure why you would want to do this, but my approach is different from psychedelic idealists.

The first few times I hallucinated my internal thoughts as occuring between three "me"s, I was taken by complete surprise, but upon reflection it seemed entirely natural, as though I'd always done this. The linear progression from ground state to the plateau was accompanied by a corresponding linear amplification and fragmentation of my internal "voice" into three internal, distinct yet connected entities. I don't believe that my internal "voice" is between three of me now, however.

I also became aware that a lot of times I addressed my thoughts to another person, as though I had an idealized audience (of one). Interestingly enough, it was a lover figure.

Quote:

...psychedelics are a great tool for helping remove the dualistic nature of the ego and help us experience consciousness in a linear way

I also need clarification on that statement. Do you mean that the dualistic nature of the ego prevents us from experiencing consciousness linearly? I'm having trouble conceptualizing this.

EDIT - I think I got it. Are you saying that you see the ego as being responsible for perception dividing up sensory input into binary opposites? Furthermore, that as a result of the ego's action, conscious experience is fragmented into binary opposites? Also, that without the action of the ego, the conscious experience of our perception would consist of similarity bound by a continuity of difference (in other words, similarity coming about through infinitessimally small differences) ?

If that's the case this is where I would confidently mark you as a psychedelic idealist ;-). I tend to look at the fragmentation of perception into binary opposites as the result of language, and the ego as the result of language as well. IMO, take away or alter language and the "ego" as psychedelic idealists know (and despise) it would be gone.

Edited by Phencyclidine (07/06/03 02:01 AM)

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Voices you hear in your head while tripping [Re: Phencyclidine]
    #1689422 - 07/06/03 02:19 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

soochi said:
I hear the cosmic sound. That high pitch metallic sounding background noise that you can't shake off and so have you have to put on your headphones. 

Hmm, anyone get the 'deedlioodlies?'
Electronic warbling pitch bend effect, sort of like
'eedlideedliaudlyoodly...' Whistling wind or running water really does it, but it's in everything to a lesser degree.

Anyway, that sometimes evolves into sets of weird sounds that sort of echo-rhyme with each other, and I find my inner voice actually thinking in this streamofgibberish instead of words.

DWIXldhyXORBidy-
XINThlDYdzORbldy-
TWEEdlixtlPlAurfthTDY
xAxtuablygNorBlidy...

Occasionally even have 'words' pop into my head that are total nonsense, their meaning if any is based on the shape / texture / mood associations caused by the sound of the syllables, related to what I'm seeing/feeling at the time... very odd.

Glibzlthibblorxle. Phignexquaigesserphant. Sphizdopplectirontanglorphlanx. Narphlangochteraplonkitopopperteran...
etc etc & more to that effect. :nut:
I don't know, try pronouncing those in your head while shrooming hard and see if they do anything for you. (a severe giggling fit seems the most likely outcome, but you never know...)

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Loc: Texas
Re: Voices you hear in your head while tripping [Re: Xibalba]
    #1692598 - 07/07/03 09:04 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

On LSD, back in the day, we used to cultivate little sayings. We still use them with a knowing smile. Our favorite was repeating over and over "Did it, Did it again." Repeat that real fast. "Didit, Diditagain." Pretty cool.

With Copelandia Cyanescens one time I got a whirring sound that started high in pitch and slowly lowered in pitch. Kind of like a low frequency siren. It seems I could control it only in that I could reset it to the high pitch and it would start lowering again. Also all the rocks (little ones and big ones) turned into a earthen goddess holding a child and asked me "Do you get it now?" Over and over. I hit a level of madness.

I should read all the posts. It appears that the "siren" buzzing or whirring sound is a more common occurence than I thought at first. Good to see that this auditory sensation isn't just me. Very encouraging.

-RR68

--------------------
"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

Edited by RANKSRAGGY68 (07/07/03 09:12 AM)

Offlinesoulflyer
Exploringmusichead!

Loc: Vancouver B.C. Canada
Re: Voices you hear in your head while tripping [Re: RANKSRAGGY68]
    #1704981 - 07/11/03 02:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

boppity that post was soo true!!thanks!

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #1705244 - 07/11/03 07:41 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I tend to be very visual , but I also do hear like a voice like they are saying something but I can not understand, like it is in a different speed , similar to a tape recording in reverse.
Interesting.

--------------------

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: Voices you hear in your head while tripping [Re: LOBO]
    #1705860 - 07/11/03 12:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I remember doing some microdots way baaack, and while I didn't really experience anything else, I laid in bed and heard many voices all around me, 360 degress, pretty cool...

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#1706304 - 07/11/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Boppity, you're very enlightened. Its rare to find someone who truly accepts.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: Voices you hear in your head while tripping [Re: psyka]
    #1706986 - 07/11/03 07:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I heard strange loud Goa (mind music) when I was tripping balls on a high dose of HBWR...I heard strange low water bubbling/expanding sound with a nice fast 142 tempo beat and a high pitch hollow metallic coursing with the beat (note E) with a phaser on it. Then a twisted 303 type synthesizer would play and would pan from side to side. The thing was each sound had its own place and was not filled up. Each minute had a strange voice saying "Parts of non-reality only exist to the vertical universe, thus you belong here, you know now"

OfflineDellComputers
Bluntman

#1709920 - 07/12/03 09:08 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I always hear the ocean...I'll hear random things all the time, but every trip I hear the ocean...its pretty cool

--------------------
:stash: + :bong: = :smile:

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Voices you hear in your head while tripping [Re: DellComputers]
    #1710430 - 07/13/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i often hear a large group of poeple singing this song. i can't make out the words, something about us being all equal or something like that

its the internet so i can't give you the beat of it buts its like

dada dada da dadaaaa over and over

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Voices you hear in your head while tripping [Re: truekimbo2]
    #1712818 - 07/13/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I remember the first time i tripped on shrooms. I was with a friend and we left his house. As we were in the car his dad was driving listining to some talk show. and out of no where i start to hear the super mario brothers theme in techno version. I ask him if he heard it and he just starts to laugh. this was the first time I've done any Psychedelic.

OfflineLifeIsPeachy
Got The Life
    #1713570 - 07/14/03 06:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I remember once smoking about 7 cones (marijuana) and laying on my bed. I did what i always do when high on my own put on my earphones and trip to my discman lsitening to s.o.a.d, korn, rage against the machine and the like.  My bedroom is at the front of our house and my windows face the road so as such i can hear the cars go past. Well i was laying there for about ten minutes wen suddenly i started hearing hearing cars go past. Car after car went past and suddenly i thought fukin ell whats goin on so i got up and had a look out the blinds...there were no cars in sight going up or down the road. I layed back on my bed and i heard the car sound again but this time it got louder and louder....then it got unaturally loud(usually i can faintly hear the cars over my discman bt this was LOUD) and i sat up suddenly and looked out the windows...no cars nothing.  I was starting to worry as i had never experienced anything like this ever before.

I took off my discman and just layed on my bed and it started again. This time it scared the shit out of me. The car noise got into a roar so loud it sounded like ajet engine in my ear. I decided to turn on the stereo and crank music and drown it out as it seriously tripped me. i turned the stereo off 20 minutes later and there was no noises.

Oh yer and in relation to hearing voices i cant smoke weed then go out in my dinghy because i swear to god the motor calls my name  :tongue:.

Anyway i jus wanted to share my voices/noises and if anyone has an explanation for the "car"roaring please post or pm me with help on what it is.

Thanx 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder