Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefactory81
enthusiast

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ibiza, Spain
If my cakes shrink as they colonize and turn blue.....
    #1687590 - 07/05/03 07:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What does this mean? Mycelium still grows at steady pace. Not a contam. Is my heat to high? Is my water leval to low in the substrate?

Also if my cakes are 99.9% colonized except for the smallest bit of area left, does this mean my cakes are colonized almost all the way, or is there inside growth that still needs to happen even if the cake on the exterior as you look at the jar is 100% colonized. Im asking this because my cake looks like today / tommorow It should be finishing up and if it needs more time in the jar then it can happen but Id love to start fruiting these guys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: If my cakes shrink as they colonize and turn blue..... [Re: factory81]
    #1687673 - 07/05/03 08:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you're cakes shrinking is fine. dont worry about it. its just the mycelium making it a tighter clump i believe. i dunno all i know is you'll be fine, it happens to me too and it never gave me a problem. turning blue im not really sure. mine turn blue but they turn blue if i cold shock them (then they turn back to white again), and blue after like the 3rd flush... but never while colonizing. im not sure there. i know mycelium turns a color when there is a lot of moisture touching it from the sides of the jar... but i THINK its yellow.

When it comes to birthing cakes always wait until they are completely colonized (what you can see of it). Usually i give them an extra day or so then to be sure. Also, i think the insides of a cake finish before the outsides.

sorry if im a sucky helper, im stoned off amy ass now.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: If my cakes shrink as they colonize and turn blue..... [Re: Edge]
    #1687794 - 07/05/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They shrink from using up water and compacting the cake. You can use a dunk tek before you birth 'em.

And yeah, if they're not 100% colonized outside, they're not 100% colonized inside, either. Let 'em sit in the jar for a few days after they reach 100% outside.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags