Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Around a Polish Town with a Canon
    #1687545 - 07/05/03 05:48 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

--------EDIT--------: use this link to view images and then click on individual image to magnify.
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=346521

------------------------------------

the day after my arrival in Otwock, Poland (30 minutes by car from Warsaw, the capital) i went for a walk around the wooded areas and some of the wilder areas around the railroad, and here is what i came up with:

i bought a Canon Powershot A70 3.2 mgpxl the day before my departure. the image quality is great and i recommend so far.the reason the pictures are such low quality is because i had to compress them using "Jpeg Wizard" tremendously to bring them down in size. the size is also somewhat unmanagable. i apologize but i lack good editing tools and time here. :crazy:

Auriscalpium vulgare or a related species:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/01modCopy.jpg

up close:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/101_0101Copy.jpg

underside:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/101_0102Copy.jpg

possibly Agaricus silvicola. all features match except the overly-white color or the cap. again my id tools here are poor. multiple specimens on left in the photo below this one of the same mushroom.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/101_0106Copy.jpg

three species of Agaricus found in the same area.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/101_0110Copy.jpg

bottom right single specimen of A. xandthoderma
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/101_0111Copy.jpg

possibly A. bernardii because of bruising reactions, cap texture, moderately offensive odor, and habitat (next to a road in fairly poor soil and weed-like grass). it is the top right specimens in the photo with all the Agaricus species.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/101_0112Copy.jpg

4 different species found in a park very nearby.
LEFT: Hebeloma sp. related to H. pallidoluctuosum but not that exact species. perhaps H. tomentosum because slightly velvetty cap texture. spore print is dull dark brown.
the rest i have not tried to id. the dull brown capped specimens have white spore prints.
FAR RIGHT: a single specimen of Suillus granulatus. yum
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/101_0113Copy.jpg

up close:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/101_0115Copy.jpg

Coprinus micaceus right under my balcony:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/101_0116Copy.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/101_0117Copy.jpg

Panaeolina foenisecii, a few yards from under my balcony.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/101_0119Copy.jpg

Russula sp. on a slightly wooded lawn. a fairly rare occurence here habitat-wise.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/101_0120Copy.jpg

well. what is this!? a neat plant on the side of the road!
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/262536/101_0109Copy.jpg

here is a nice little gallery:
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=346521

that is all for now. the polish chronicles conclude. :smile:

Mr. Lava Crazy

Edited by MagmaManiac (07/06/03 05:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Around a Polish Town with a Canon [Re: MagmaManiac]
    #1687647 - 07/05/03 08:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Nice!! Its neat to see some of the same species I pick here in the US growing over seas in Poland. What season is polland in right now? And is that wild hemp or intentionally planted herb> I didn't think hemp grew wild in poland. I found some wild ditch weed a year or so ago growing in Minnesota(my home state, the place where pollock jokes originated) :smile: Take lots more pic, I want to see more polish fungi!!!

Nice pics by the way, that camera shoots awesome for a 3.2 megapixel!

LK,

--------------------

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: Around a Polish Town with a Canon [Re: Lizard King]
    #1687679 - 07/05/03 08:41 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Aw man, what happened? The pics were there, now their not? Says "user has reached their daily usage limit". Crappy free host sites.

--------------------

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: Around a Polish Town with a Canon [Re: Lizard King]
    #1687683 - 07/05/03 08:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

BTW: Take some good around the town pics of Poland. I'd love to see some pics of the town your staying in. How long will you be visiting poland?

LK,

--------------------

Anonymous

#1687807 - 07/05/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Around a Polish Town with a Canon [Re: ]
    #1689610 - 07/06/03 04:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yea i guess they have some rules about the amount of views allowed for the pictures that i didnt catch :frown:.

sure ill take a few pictures around town. its a fairly old but small town, somewhere around 50,000 inhabitants. most of the communist cement block apartments are still up but have been remodeled or repainted etc. its also a rehabilitation center for lung diseases. the pine forests around here are massive and everywhere. for some reason, this causes the air to be very healthy. its almost famous for old 200 year old cottage-buildings in some style that i dont know what its called.

the downside around here is that its not the u.s. lots of "hoolo's" or hooligans and pissed off people, probably because the unemployment here is so vast. therefore its not very safe to be wandering around woods here alone with a 300$ digital camera. i was gonna go out to some good picking areas with my friend yesterday and again today but both of those operations failed; today because of the rain and his whining ass. soon i will be going to live with some relatives for about a week in the country. since its been raining a lot ill be bound to get some more action.

ive got some pics to post today but this time im gonna try and load up to this site and also try to fix these pics. the problem is the internet costs like a local call here, which is about 7 cents/ 3minutes. its also about 33k so bear with me. :cool: posting all these pics on here for you guys is fun for me, so expect them to keep on coming.

ill be here until 7/21, then im coming back to florida.

Sir LAVA 

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1689615 - 07/06/03 05:03 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

also hemp does grow wild here now. im sure it was introduced by people importing from over the boarders. it grows on the sides of roads in semi-rural towns. i know someone that picks it and prepares it with some common chemical called "denaturat" and dries and then sells it for 2.5 $/gram. the chemical just conditions it, it is not harmful.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1689806 - 07/06/03 09:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

here we go again. some pictures mostly from today. this morning i took a 3 hour walk around the forests here but they are pretty empty. its been raining all day today though and should keep on raining this week. next weekend should be a good mushroom weekend. so far the known edible species that everyone hunts here are few, at least around here. perhaps tomorrow or the day after i will go on a mushroom hunt with someone.

this is a Boletus chrysenteron i found yesterday among a few others.

any help with an id of this species would be appreciated. the pictures are blurry and i do not have a specimen on me although i may have one tomorrow because they are everywhere in mixed forests gregarious and in archs and rings. i believe the spore print is white although its very tough to get. the gills are attached. from what i remember i think the flesh is yellowish which was surprising to me.

i am not very able to id many mushrooms because the only resource i have is www.grzyby.pl (which is online and that doesnt work well here) and a mushroom book that is more of a picture book. the keys just point you towards a couple possible genera and are
undetailed. this mushroom i htought was a Coprinus for a second because it turns dark when it ages but not that dark. but no, of course not.then i though psathyrella because of mottled gills and fragile structure. the spore print im hypothesizing is dark. look at the appendiculate margin (is that the word for veil remanants?). they grow in large groups. dont even try (too hard) to id it though. if i find some tomorrow, i will write up a detailed description to this one and the one above.

this patch was in a open area in a neighborhood, that is white is so lightly pigmented i believe. it has been raining fairly heavily.

i dont know why i didnt take this one along with me; Amanita sp. anyway. possibly A. pantherina/gemmata. who knows?

a nice mushroom on a tall stump. i see it has gills, and i thought it was Polyporus squamosus. :crazy:

an example of the large pine forest i mentioned 2 posts above this. beautiful stuff.  :grin:

and thats it for now, there is my upload limit. i have a neat yellow slime mold pic but thats for tomorrow.

LC

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1689900 - 07/06/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

one more! Pluteus petasatus growing from a underground pieces of a decidious stump. supposibly rare.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1689988 - 07/06/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It sounds like you're having a good vacation.

On the second mushroom (the unknown one), it would help a lot if we could see the stem and know what it was growing on (wood or ground).

Psathyrella sounds good for the next ones.

With those brownish Amanitas, the volva and basal bulb tell us a lot. Also, you need to check for bruising (think Amanita brunnescens, for example) and odor.

That big scaly one on the stump looks a lot like Lentinus ponderosus. The ones we get here in Colorado usually smell the same as Mastutake (Tricholoma magnivelare), but fainter. Overall it loks like a Lentinus or Lentinellus. If so, the gill edges should not be straight, but should be serrated or even jagged. The difference between Lentinus and Lentinellus is whether the spores are amyloid or not, otherwise they're identical.

That's a nice Pluteus, too.

The season's going good there.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Anonymous

#1690647 - 07/06/03 04:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1695441 - 07/08/03 02:41 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

unfortunately i dont have any of those mushrooms any more, thats why i wasnt really looking for an id. just if something jumped out at you. only perhaps the second one. the stem is kind of tough with yellowish flesh and is brownish-gray lighter than the cap. it also has kind of fibrous stripes going down it. you know what i mean eh? they grow on ground, a lot of times in mossy or heavily-leafy areas. a lot of times around pine forests with low decidious trees, therefore shadier areas.

i have some pics around town but unfortunately i dont have time to post them today. i am going mushrooms hunting now with a buddy for the 'real' mushrooms around here (ie boletus suillus bla bla). and right after that im going to spend some time with relatives in warsaw towards the evening. i found some beautiful mycenas today. damn i wish i had some time to take some pics.

also, would you like me to make a new thread for my other pics and make it more of a 'wild grow log' of polish mushrooms or just continue on this one? i think if i start a new one with pics uploaded here right away, more people will be interested and check up on it. this one was a little sloppy. two pics from two days ago already edited:

yellow slime mold or something like that, never studied them.

a habitat pic

ill be back this weekend for posting and from then on will have access to a computer i believe :smile: later!

M&M 

Anonymous

#1696032 - 07/08/03 09:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1734359 - 07/21/03 07:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i have shitload of pics, and im planning to post a lot of them when i get back home. i havent had access this whole week because the people i was staying at cancelled their internet connection at their country home. i am typing on a really bad keyboard and its taking me hours. catch you later.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale