Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
How did you know...
    #1685671 - 07/04/03 03:58 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

....when you were ready to experience your first lvl 5 trip? Did it require years of prior low and mild doses before you gained enough confidence in your mind? Were you prepared for what you experienced or was it a horribly over-intense trip? I am trying to figure out when I can graduate from my regular mild doses to the next lvl...

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
Re: How did you know... [Re: manna_man]
    #1686067 - 07/04/03 11:08 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've never had a "lvl5" trip no matter how hard i've tried - It seems like like i;m stuck with "lvl4" no matter how large the dose is. From what i've read 'lvl5' may be easier to reach on shrooms than acid. I've taken 20 or more doses of acid and never lost touch with reality.

I think it largely depends on the person and their psyche. I had a friend who totally lost it on a single hit of acid when i took 5 of the same and tripped hard, but was still very coherent. My friend on the other hand wet himself, could barely move, didnt know who i was and kept mumbling about how he was a flower who couldnt grow.

I've also never had a bad trip and i've tripped hundreds of times. I've seen bad trips (with the same friend mentioned above), but most of what people call 'bad trips' seem to me to be a bout of paranoia, severe confusion or just a bumming 'real' experience during the trip.
All of which can occur just as easily on pot as acid or shrooms.

A bad trip to me is when someone freaks out mentally or physically. For example thinking you're dying, or being convinced something really bad is about to happen and not being able to shake it off. I stay very grounded and while i may see, hear or think bizarre things while under the influence, i'm always aware that its the drug and the fear passes quickly. With a lvl5 this awareness is lost.

Anyhow, i'm taking 5-7g Saturday - I dont have a proper scale, but i'm sure its at least 5g - so i'm hoping to reach the next level.

Sorry, i seem to have ranted and lost sight of you're question - too much coffee this morning. I'd say if you think you might be ready, you probably are. Setting is KEY!!! Somewhere safe and secure with no worries of being intruded upon. The people i've known who are prone to bad trips NEVER had one in an environment where they felt completely safe before they dosed - with one exception and that was due to the guy drinking half a bottle of bacardi 151 while on 5 hits of acid.

dizz

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: How did you know... [Re: dizzim]
    #1686281 - 07/04/03 01:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It boils down to how comfortable you are with altered states of consciousness.  I recommend people to learn basic stabalizing meditation techniques if they plan on higher doses.  It helps make the experience a lot easier to enjoy the first few times you dose at that level if you know how to calm your mind and be mindful of your perceptions without needing to think about them as they occur.  If you think you can handle several hours of detachment, go for it.  You should realize since you've dosed at level 3 or 4 several times that no matter how wild it gets, you always come back to baseline and that it's all just in your mind.  If you fight it it can be more intimidating than it really is.  Fear is an emotion, a reaction to your perceptions.  If you remind yourself that there's nothing to fear during the trip, it might help you enjoy level 5 even more.  :smile:

So many trip reports often come from "brave" people who are secure in their limits...and yet most of the anxiety and fear of tripping simply comes from the ability of not being able to relate to their perceptions from a non-ego viewpoint.  It's like flipping something inside out...and no matter how "brave" someone is...their brevity is usually mounted from an egotistical point of view.

You really shouldn't fear the experiences that occur in levels 4 or 5.  If your personality is of an anxious type to begin with, if sitting in a room for 3 hours without talking seems like an annoying thing to have to do, then the detachment at level 5 is probably something not for you.  :smile:

Concerning detachment and LSD vs. Shrooms - I found that LSD forces detachment moreso than shrooms do at lower doses.  I've reached ego loss on only two drops of good liquid...you probably are getting weak acid...no shock now a days.  :frown:

Love & Light,

Boppity

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: How did you know... [Re: manna_man]
    #1686287 - 07/04/03 01:19 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Long before I had my first level 5, I had wanted to explore the inner realms of my consciousness. Psychedelics have always been about self-discovery for me, and so I figured it was only a matter of time before I would want to experience a level 5. When it finally came, it was more powerful than I had ever imagined, but I was glad I had done it. My next goal is to aquire some DMT.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
Re: How did you know... [Re: silversoul7]
    #1686328 - 07/04/03 01:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

"Concerning detachment and LSD vs. Shrooms - I found that LSD forces detachment moreso than shrooms do at lower doses. I've reached ego loss on only two drops of good liquid...you probably are getting weak acid...no shock now a days.  "

I haven't done acid for 11yrs and though i've had my share of weak acid, i've also had plenty of very good stuff :smile: .  I think alot depends on the individual. 

dizz

OfflineBabble
Stranger
Re: How did you know... [Re: dizzim]
    #1686400 - 07/04/03 02:33 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm pretty sure I've had a level 5 trip on Ketamine and Acid, I believe the Ketamine helped in detaching from reality.  But I'm pretty sure I lost out on most of the acid effects.  I was definitely "somewhere else" though.  I'm not sure if using Ket isn't cheating though :smile:

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: How did you know... [Re: Babble]
    #1686413 - 07/04/03 02:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

No offense babble...but the levels of shroom experience are exactly that, various effects thresholds concerning the shroom experience.  I've never dosed Ketamine, but have dosed plenty of LSD.  Shrooms and Acid are completely different experiences at high doses.  I think all psychedelics have to be treated as individual experiences.  Just like DXM effects thresholds have their own experiences and can't be compared to shrooms'.  Hope that made sense.  :smile:

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: How did you know... [Re: Boppity604]
    #1687688 - 07/05/03 10:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm pretty sure I'm just not built for high level tripping *sign*

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: How did you know... [Re: Noviseer]
    #1687822 - 07/05/03 12:32 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If you think you're not built for it then you're not and shouldn't participate.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: How did you know... [Re: Strumpling]
    #1687923 - 07/05/03 01:45 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yea thats why I limit my doses to an 8th, which I can learn from and enjoy.

--------------------

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: How did you know... [Re: Noviseer]
    #1687963 - 07/05/03 02:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

As long as you realize an 8th of azures will take you further than an 8th of cubes.  :wink:

Love & Light,

Boppity

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience