Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinegedezia
backlash
Loc: heaven
the horror the horror
    #1685603 - 07/04/03 03:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

the other day i saw a commercial for "pedia-sure". the little boy was holding a small rabbit, and the mother was telling him what the rabbit needed to grow up healthy and strong; nutrition wise. and while she was telling him he smiled and said "just like me!" she smiled back and they embraced.. at the end it showed him holding the bunny, but it was larger. and he said "look mommy, he grew!!" it made me so sad, like needles piercing my chest.. the boys EXCITEMENT.. his wonder at seeing the bunny grow, and to express it so innocently to his mommy. the world was NEW to him; full of wonder, not horror.. not something to fight and question at every turn. i dont feel sorry for myself.. i feel sorry for that boy, because look what he has ahead of him.. and his mother smiles, cherishing the moment; but secretly looking into the future to when that time will no longer be..

~we train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders wont allow them to write FUCK on their airplanes.. because its obscene..~

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: the horror the horror [Re: gedezia]
    #1685641 - 07/04/03 03:45 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I don't watch television anymore..... :wink:

But I see what you mean - our society shields children from "reality" for as long as possible, it seems..

What a brilliant spiderweb we've been born into

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1685644 - 07/04/03 03:45 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

aww! :laugh:

/me sighs reminiscently

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: the horror the horror [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1685931 - 07/04/03 08:57 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Heh, like the days my biggest problem was finding the right piece for my lego kingdom.

OfflineShroomMind
Re: the horror the horror [Re: Grav]
    #1686100 - 07/04/03 11:29 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

A child has not yet fully developed a sense of ego, they do not know "who" they are yet.

Buddhists claim that this is how we should always be. The ego blinds us all. I am sure some of you agree , seeing as how ego-loss is sometimes a desired result of eating mushrooms. Have you ever seen a small child taken to the mall for their first time ? Quite a look on their faces..... all the flashing lights,all the things moving and making noise, it's almost too much to comprehend, and the experience can definitely be equated with ingesting psychedelic drugs :wink:

I think they(psy drugs) temporarily restore innocence in some consumers....

Keep your head up , that small child will grow , and deceive , and hate , just like everyone of us has at one point or another. The important thing is to not let the "child inside" die...... 

OfflineKB1EWE
WIDE-EYEDCURIOSITY
Loc: f(s) = (8t^2-3t+35)/ i
Re: the horror the horror [Re: ShroomMind]
    #1686248 - 07/04/03 12:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL...

why?...i don't know. i always juts find it incredibly disturbing.

**shudder**

--------------------
E A T T H E W O R M...with moderation

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: the horror the horror [Re: KB1EWE]
    #1686510 - 07/04/03 03:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I sure hope i find out "who" i am soon, the tumor is getting bigger by the day, and the doctors say it cant be removed. They estimate about another month or so before i cant walk or even put sentences together.

While i was talking to my guru the other day he said that it is was my own ignorance to the perfection of reality that is causing the tumor. I said, like ya man, thats going to far, i dont believe in that healing stuff. Following these words he raised his cain and smacked me in the side of my knee. I turned around to smack him back when i realized something, " Everyone dies ". I started to cry and ran out of the building, but i tripped on the concrete barrier that was infront of my parking space. I couldnt hold back the laughter. I looked around for something my mind could grasp, but it was too late, i glimpsed the emptyness, and thats all that i needed. Now here i am today, talking to you, i've seen it all,and i am gonna die soon. In one moment my life was complete, in one moment all the pain, all the wondering, all the insecurity faded, and i was left with these words, that i am proud of sharing right here with you.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
Re: the horror the horror [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #1687146 - 07/05/03 01:00 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

in response to vibrant:

sounds fucked up man. fucked up.

I'm on acid right now and feel somewhat raped. Not much mind fuck, it seems like I'm not thinkin any different then normal. but I don't fuckin knoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
AH HA....

OfflineDrubuShrume
EAT ME - I'm afungi

Loc: Right where I need to be
Re: the horror the horror [Re: DrubuShrume]
    #1687162 - 07/05/03 01:09 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT i MEANT BY TH EPOST

--------------------
AH HA....

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: the horror the horror [Re: KB1EWE]
    #1687164 - 07/05/03 01:10 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I saw that commercial and it is so fucking annoying and fake it pisses me off everytime. I hate little kids.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Offlinegedezia
backlash
Loc: heaven
Re: the horror the horror [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #1689477 - 07/06/03 04:54 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

my wife hates little kids too.. babies.. ive never cared for little kids because theyll take a whole glob of cake into their lil "paw" and shove it into their mouth.. and icing will drip and they dont seem to give a shit.. sickening, truly sickening.. same goes for barbeque sauce.. ewwwwww! but the commercial wasnt the point, the point was.. remembering ones youth. i liked care bears and hello kitty (still love hello kitty!) and mask.. and made up stories about alligators living in the junipers.. and i had a wind up bear i used to listen to before i went to sleep. and i used to want to be robin hood. haha. wont anyone talk about their likes as a child? i dont watch TV either.. but somehow i saw that commercial and i didnt think their interaction was FAKE at all. maybe tenderness is fake to those who are too..

"saigon.. shit.. im still only in saigon. everytime i think im gonna wake up back in the jungle. when i was home after my first tour it was worse. id wake up and thered be nothing...... i hardly said a word to my wife until i said yes to a divorce. when i was here i wanted to be there. and when i was there all i could think about was getting back into the jungle."

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1689528 - 07/06/03 05:24 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

the horror, the horror!
or do you prefer
oh, the horror!

I like #2 better. Do you know which book this is from :wink:?

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#1689594 - 07/06/03 06:39 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I feel that often when I look at my daughter.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Loc: Mass
Re: the horror the horror [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1690720 - 07/06/03 07:17 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

"Keep your head up , that small child will grow , and deceive , and hate , just like everyone of us has at one point or another. The important thing is to not let the "child inside" die...... "

Even little children lie, deceive, and hate. I remember when I was like 6 years old, I lied like a bastard. My mom caught me usually, but once when she caught me she said, "you know, the only reason to lie is because you're afraid, do you want to be a coward your whole life?" After that, I almost never lied. Even when it was stupid not to("did you do you're homework?" "no" "why not?" "didn't feel like it").

Also, no one is abusive to animals as young children. They will kill without even thinking, especially before the age of 6. They will hurt things without even knowing they will cause pain. In this way, I think the ego is good, because with it comes the realization that others to have ego's and feelings that do not want to be injured.

"Heh, like the days my biggest problem was finding the right piece for my lego kingdom. "

Grav, do you remember your childhood well? Because I remember it being extremely stressful. I had problems relating to other children, and really had no idea how to get along with others. I was easily embarassed and got into alot of physical confrontations. I would HATE to be at that level of maturity again, being powerless and ignorant, I think there would be nothing worse.

Vibrant, I wish you all the luck. I have heard countless stories from my mother about peoples last few days, or people who knew they were going to die. It is never easy, and taking it how you are is really admirable.

--------------------
"Why do women have breasts?"
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1690738 - 07/06/03 07:30 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Kids are just like adults trapped in chubby bodies. with grubby little fingers and an unexperienced brain. They make fools of themselves much more often than adults, and people think it's adorable.

What really dills my pickle though, is that when a kid grabs a big glob of cake he's being "cute" but when *I* grab a big glob of cake....I'm "ruining the party" or "acting like a pig".

And another thing, why cant I drink from a baby-bottle? what's wrong with that? Can't I enjoy a nipple instead of straw? It's a pretty good concept! There should be no shame in it.

Baby food is good too. :thumbup: 

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Loc: Mass
Re: the horror the horror [Re: David_Scape]
    #1690757 - 07/06/03 07:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I hear baby food is good for new tongue-rings :smile: .

--------------------
"Why do women have breasts?"
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: the horror the horror [Re: David_Scape]
    #1691161 - 07/06/03 10:21 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

screw the baby bottle, go right for the source :nut: 

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: the horror the horror [Re: Gixxer_boy]
    #1691177 - 07/06/03 10:24 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Gixxer, I got upset alot too... but it was always little passing events... I never had huge lifelong responsibilities hanging over my head like I do now..

Back then I could play something and not give anything else a second's thought until it actually physically confronted me.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1691588 - 07/07/03 12:59 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This plane of existence has all kinds of modes going on simultaneously. If you find that the only Reality you can perceive is Hellish, then you're fixated - or as the Alchemists used to represent it, as Hermes-Mercury with his winged feet cut off. It is a blessing that you were not 'thrown' (as the existentialists like to say) into any of the Apocalypse Now scenarios on Earth. Give thanks and get on with life. Drop any 'survivors' guilt' and go help others - help relieve suffering instead of moaning about it. What ever happened to YOUR sense of wonder? Dude, your pessimism is pathological if the images of a child and his bunny elicit such angst, such fear of life, such fear of death. The possibility of finding Love (in yourself, in someone else, in Life), should bring you Joy! That's what the little boy has to look forward to. Where is your 'inner child?'

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1693680 - 07/07/03 05:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

what about that commerical for ovaltine?? where the kids sound and act as if they've been hypnotized into wanting ovaltine after playtime, them the mother is just as weird. Fucking insane, what the hell is in that Ovaltine??

More ovaltine please!!!

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology