Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
How long can you be charged w/ something?
    #1685256 - 07/04/03 01:15 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Like lets say you sell some pills and someone almost dies from them. Then they get there friends to come fight you like 2 months later and cops get involved. Can you still get introuble for selling the pills if origionally they told the cops it was some random guy and now they change their story?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: How long can you be charged w/ something? [Re: DailyPot]
    #1685269 - 07/04/03 01:21 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If they want to take it to court, I don't think it will hold up unless they have some evidence that the seller in question actually did it, especially when they changed their story.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: How long can you be charged w/ something? [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1685575 - 07/04/03 03:24 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Even with multi witness'?

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Re: How long can you be charged w/ something? [Re: DailyPot]
    #1686132 - 07/04/03 11:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You can be charged for a crime until the Statute of Limitations takes effect. The real question is whether a jury could be convinced.

If these people tell the police that you sold them drugs, will the police and District Attorney thin it's enough to convict you with? If so, expect to be arrested and charged. If not, you may be arrested and questioned. If you're arrested, don't resist arrest. While being questioned, remember that they are lying - they can say anything they want to try to get you to confess. If you confess, then the game's over. If arrested, get an attorney and listen to their advice.

Your question sounds like one that should be addressed to a lawyer. For now, wait and see.

If you've got anything, this might be a good time to get rid of it. If they think they have a case, they'll probably get a search warrant.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: How long can you be charged w/ something? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1686154 - 07/04/03 11:45 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i saw thin number on a billboard in florida, 1800 or 1888 or some toll free shit, anyways 1-xxx-notguilty
it might be worth the call

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion