Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self * 1
    #16847526 - 09/14/12 05:09 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

What does this forum think about this?

That everything is you, that you have been conditioned into a personal self by yours and others thinking and behaviours, that possibly just childhood tendencies persist as a self, that the state of your true Self is not subject to fear, that this state overcomes all inner obstacles, that to access it is simple, that we have just overlooked it, that there is no evil, that all existence is merely a state knowable by simply coming off of it?

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: circastes] * 2
    #16847531 - 09/14/12 05:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

not much as usual.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: Icelander] * 1
    #16847535 - 09/14/12 05:11 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

:unwanted:

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: circastes] * 1
    #16847540 - 09/14/12 05:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I give up too easy.

OfflineClosedEyeCigarette
Sigmund Freud's Dildo

Loc: USA Flag
Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: circastes] * 1
    #16847544 - 09/14/12 05:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I agree

--------------------
Just when you think you're happy
I come around
I was meant to be
A punishment to you
A thorn in your side
A cancer eating through
I twist reality
And make it hard to bear
I am the only thing left
When love isn't there

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16847546 - 09/14/12 05:13 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

you should on these type posts.  Present some real evidence for your speculations.

--------------------

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: Icelander] * 1
    #16848699 - 09/14/12 09:44 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I was just presenting the idea, it seems pretty popular.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: circastes] * 3
    #16849084 - 09/14/12 11:13 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

This part of the forum recognizes both the relative and the Absolute, and a synthesis of the two, only the synthesis is not just the mythic or archetypal God-man Jesus, but the paradoxical nature of every one of us. Only a relative few human beings come to some Realization of this truth. The Realization is called many things, depending upon the tradition and its formulation, like "Being in Christ," crossing the Veil of Paroketh and residing in Tiphereth, the making of the Green Qutub, Knowledge of and Conversation with One's Holy Guardian Angel, and a host of other terms and expressions. It is when we are 'sitting in the Hridayam,' of which BE HERE NOW is focused, that we see both the higher and the lower, the Absolute and the relative from this Hegelian synthesis of perspectives.

Aldous Huxley said that the mind is "amphibious," in that it can identify with either or both poles of spirit and/or mind. Evil, as Ram Dass taught, is "that which increases separateness," to which I'd add simply, that evil is that which intentionally increases suffering. Intentionality is the single invariant feature of consciousness, according to the Phenomenologist Husserl.

Focus on our existential, biological self, to the exclusion of our Eternal Self, (which is neither 'me' or 'a self') is behind our 'death anxiety.' It is awareness of ourselves as individual waves, which rise, peak, and diminish, to the exclusion of the Ocean which gives rise to, and is the very substance of our wave-ness. To the extent that we cultivate an 'Oceanic' (i.e., cosmic) Consciousness, in depth, not a mere intellectualization of it, our death anxiety diminishes proportionally. We learn to die to our egotism before we die. Then, we lie down when it's time to die, and experience death like any other trip we boldly took by ourselves. In the meantime, it is still fine to revel in existence as long as we also keep open the inner eye of our essence (which is not 'our' essence, but the 'essence of the matter').

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16849338 - 09/15/12 12:25 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
I was just presenting the idea, it seems pretty popular.

:curbyourenthusiasm:

So were HItlers.

--------------------

Invisibleswimmingfast

Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: MarkostheGnostic] * 1
    #16849449 - 09/15/12 01:04 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Circastes your seeking of the truth has brought you close to the goal. You are almost there :thumbup:

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Evil, as Ram Dass taught, is "that which increases separateness," to which I'd add simply, that evil is that which intentionally increases suffering.

I agree with Ram Dass, however I disagree with your "add-on" remark. Evil can be perpetuated by the mouths of the ignorant. The evil spoken from he, that is not conscious of it coming from his mouth, is not an intentional act.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: swimmingfast] * 1
    #16849464 - 09/15/12 01:06 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Circastes your seeking of the truth has brought you close to the goal. You are almost there

And you know this how oh enlightened one.  Sounds real mystical  cool though. :haha:

--------------------

Offlinelolwut
bad motherfucker

Loc: back in black
    #16849465 - 09/15/12 01:07 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
What does this forum think about this?

That everything is you, that you have been conditioned into a personal self by yours and others thinking and behaviours, that possibly just childhood tendencies persist as a self, that the state of your true Self is not subject to fear, that this state overcomes all inner obstacles, that to access it is simple, that we have just overlooked it, that there is no evil, that all existence is merely a state knowable by simply coming off of it?

I think you escape suffering by becoming enlightened, and that the rest of your post is idealistic projections based on what you would like that state to be. I imagine it is pretty great to be in that state but I have no clue what it's like. If it was as simple as you say everyone would be there already.

--------------------
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth, and taste...

:haha:

Offlinelolwut
bad motherfucker

#16849466 - 09/15/12 01:07 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Circastes your seeking of the truth has brought you close to the goal. You are almost there

And you know this how oh enlightened one.  Sounds real cool though. :haha:

Beat me by 21 seconds. :sad:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: lolwut] * 2
    #16849472 - 09/15/12 01:09 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm more enlightened than you. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinelolwut
bad motherfucker

#16849484 - 09/15/12 01:12 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Since when have you believed in enlightenment? :eek:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: lolwut] * 1
    #16849487 - 09/15/12 01:12 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Since I got to have more than you. :satansmoking:

--------------------

Offlinelolwut
bad motherfucker

#16849494 - 09/15/12 01:14 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

That's the way it usually works with all belief systems is it not? :tongue: Having more of something, being better than something/someone, etc.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: lolwut] * 1
    #16849496 - 09/15/12 01:15 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I guess. :monkeydance:

--------------------

Offlinelolwut
bad motherfucker

#16849507 - 09/15/12 01:18 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

My excuse for believing is this song.

I was skeptical up until a couple of months ago. If it's good enough for George Harrison it's good enough for me

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16849526 - 09/15/12 01:23 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

He died a  painful death from cancer.  Poor bloke.

Not a bad guy at all.

--------------------

Offlinelolwut
bad motherfucker

Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: Icelander]
    #16849538 - 09/15/12 01:26 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Way too early, too. The world needs more people like him. Plays a large part in my motivation on the path, or whatever you want to call it. It's one thing reading about Buddha's and enlightened sages and so on, but to have a credible person like him verify it can make all the difference. One who has seen them in action, has experienced some of their realisations, and clearly has the wisdom and the love to show it.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: lolwut]
    #16849546 - 09/15/12 01:29 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I think you're getting a little carried away there.  He was just a nice guy.  You can find them here and there in almost  all walks of life.

--------------------

Offlinelolwut
bad motherfucker

Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: Icelander]
    #16849562 - 09/15/12 01:34 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I had read many accounts of these gurus and sages having a presence, having wisdom and so on, but I couldn't see it as anything beyond the common man. Common as in, maybe they just spent a lot of time thinking, were born genius's and knew how to work an audience. Then I found a song by a guy I'd looked up to since childhood verifying presence, attainment, transcendental wisdom and compassion all at once. Bingo.

If I hadn't liked and trusted Harrison since childhood I think it would be a different story. Other role models such as my father, his friends, my school teachers aren't necessarily seekers of the truth so weren't relevant opinions since they were largely western rational-mind based.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: lolwut]
    #16849567 - 09/15/12 01:37 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Then I found a song by a guy I'd looked up to since childhood verifying presence, attainment, transcendental wisdom and compassion all at once. Bingo.

A song hardly give credence to the idea of enlightenment. You've got to be kidding.  :lol:

--------------------

Offlinelolwut
bad motherfucker

#16849578 - 09/15/12 01:42 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It verifies for me that there are people out there who have an effect on people just by their presence, that their wisdom shows a higher attainment than most people, that they are naturally sweet and childlike and have a great love for humanity, and that's pretty much the outward description of the enlightened man.

It doesn't prove to me that everything everyone says about enlightenment is real, it doesn't give me any ideas about what it is like, or make me believe in the furtherest aspects of enlightenment such as reincarnation but it certainly shows there is something out there that is attainable by anyone. And it makes me trust some of these people more - Zen Master Rama, Mooji, Osho, Buddha.

You could say the song supplied a great vigour towards what I was already doing and hoping to be true and reinforced my resolve.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16849596 - 09/15/12 01:50 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think this is completely true.  You didn't know George personally.  He had lots of bull shit in his life like most from what I've read.  He was far from a perfected being and could act out in negative ways.  Just a basically good guy.  Like I said you can meet them here and there.  I've always felt that about 1% or less of humanity fits this description. 

But if believing it makes you happier then I see no harm in it.  You're not hurting anyone by it that I can see. I liked the guy. I liked John more. Ringo and Paul can go suck eggs. :haha:

--------------------

Offlinelolwut
bad motherfucker

#16849607 - 09/15/12 01:55 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I know he was a seeker and I followed him in using psychedelics in the search for enlightenment (reading something he said sparked this interest) and I'm following him in searching for enlightenment without drugs. Will see how it turns out. :tongue:

John is my second favourite after George. Paul and Ringo are still pretty cool guys I reckon.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16849611 - 09/15/12 01:57 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Everyone is a seeker.

--------------------

Offlinelolwut
bad motherfucker

#16849618 - 09/15/12 02:01 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Some seek money, some seek fame, some sex, drugs, power, friendships, a new house, a new car...he sought truth (and the rest, in turn). Of course the first things are often the only truths for those people seeking them. Each to their own

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16849622 - 09/15/12 02:07 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

he already had fame, money, women,drugs, power, etc. but go  ahead and worship the guy if you want/

--------------------

Offlinelolwut
bad motherfucker

#16849658 - 09/15/12 02:26 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not worshipping him lol. Just saying he pointed the way to other people who point the way for me and a lot of others.

--------------------

Invisibleswimmingfast

#16849709 - 09/15/12 02:49 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lolwut said:
I'm not worshipping him lol. Just saying he pointed the way to other people who point the way for me and a lot of others.

That finger eventually points to the truth. But, if one decides to give up trying to find the way, then he shalt not attain the truth.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#16849908 - 09/15/12 04:28 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lolwut said:

:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: swimmingfast]
    #16849909 - 09/15/12 04:29 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

swimmingfast said:
Quote:

lolwut said:

That finger eventually points to the truth. But, if one decides to give up trying to find the way, then he shalt not attain the truth.

are you the messiah?

--------------------

Invisibleswimmingfast

#16851132 - 09/15/12 12:07 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

swimmingfast said:
Quote:

lolwut said:

are you the messiah?

I'm just a man whose intentions are good, OH LORD, please don't let me be misunderstood!

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: The possibility that the way out of this circumstance is to realise something called the Self [Re: swimmingfast]
    #16853012 - 09/15/12 06:47 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Evil, as Ram Dass taught, is "that which increases separateness," to which I'd add simply, that evil is that which intentionally increases suffering.

I agree with Ram Dass, however I disagree with your "add-on" remark. Evil can be perpetuated by the mouths of the ignorant. The evil spoken from he, that is not conscious of it coming from his mouth, is not an intentional act.

Except that the Shadow -  our unconscious, compensatory function, seems to have a mind of its own. It certainly manifests dream scenarios that my conscious Ego would never tolerate (which is why it has been banished to the unconscious in the same psychic sense that Satan [Adversary] has been banished from Heaven to reside in Hell). Ignorance is that Shadow overpowering a weak or weakened Ego-based personality. So I'd have to agree with you that evil can bypass the intentionality of the egooc-mind, but it is still intentional - the intensions of the Shadow. :devil:

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags