Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
First time growing, what strain should i use?
    #1684047 - 07/03/03 01:43 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I've never grown mushrooms before, and i'm wondering what spore strain would be best for beginners? I was thinking of doing Ecuador but my friend told me B+, and diffrent websites have diffrent opinions.. what would be fairly easy and not require cold shocking? And what strain did everyone else grow for their first time growing?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: First time growing, what strain should i use? [Re: Cloud9]
    #1684063 - 07/03/03 01:48 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

It's bee said a thousand times, cubensis is cubensis. Most people reccomend Ecuador for beginners though.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

InvisibleHairyNipple
Mister Clean
Loc: Idaho
Re: First time growing, what strain should i use? [Re: Cherk]
    #1684073 - 07/03/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I was just at sporeworks, and their descriptions of equador make it seem that they are a bit bigger fruits on average. And if I must say so myself, they are probably the 2 most related of psilocybe mushrooms, correct me if i'm wrong. either way, they are pretty much the same. go to spore works, they have the best descriptions.

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: First time growing, what strain should i use? [Re: Cherk]
    #1684076 - 07/03/03 01:53 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: First time growing, what strain should i use? [Re: HairyNipple]
    #1684082 - 07/03/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

i've been to sporeworks and earthstongue and mushmush, i've done alot of reading about it, but i figured i'd ask those who have actualy done it to get some more info.

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First time growing, what strain should i use? [Re: Cloud9]
    #1684107 - 07/03/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Direct from the FAQ's:

This is a question that keeps coming up, but can never be really answered. It is one of the truly subjective questions in the hobby, on which *everyone* will have their own answers.
There are no "bad" strains, and generally each strain is similar in growing parameters and production than any other. Some people prefer pointy capped fruit, which can be found in the Ecuador, Plantasia Mystery, South American, and others. Some prefer strains that colonize and fruit in warmer climates - such as Cambodians and A strain. Some prefer petite fruit (that doesn't necessarily mean less weight per flush than others though!) - such as Mexi-cubs and some Mexican strains. Others prefer very vigorous colonizers - such as the Puerto Ricans (which also have the *fame* of being a quite potent cubensis). But is there one magic strain that will give you lots and lots of really super potent mushrooms in a quick amount of time? No, there's not, plain and simple. Some strains may be judged subjectively by others to be more potent than others, and some strains may be judged to be bigger and produce a heavier weight.
But comparing cubensis to cubensis generally, there is not a "super strain" which should be chosen for any particular reason over another.
There is no consensus as to "the" strain to grow, and you won't find one. Some people like redheads, while some prefer brunettes. It's just that subjective.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineFuman
Tao of Shrooms

Loc: Further
Re: First time growing, what strain should i use? [Re: Ripple]
    #1684198 - 07/03/03 02:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think someone should take it upon themselves to rename some strain of cubensis "First Time Grower Cubensis" or "Newbie Cubie" or "Guaranteed largest fruit most potent easiest and fastest Cubensis" (GLFMPEAFC). Just think of the money that could be made.  Everytime this question came up we could direct them to this amazing "new" strain.  :grin:
3 syringes for $190.  You could even throw in a free "Guide to Finding Vermiculite and BRF"
:laugh: 

--------------------
No, I do not think I am above the law.  There are times; inspired and enraptured that I feel I am BEYOND the law.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First time growing, what strain should i use? [Re: Fuman]
    #1685037 - 07/03/03 09:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

ks

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag