Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
A great conversation!
    #1683938 - 07/03/03 02:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Today me and my mom drove down to the SC border to get some fireworks. On the way i brought up the subject of her younger years, and we got to talking about hallucinagens. I explained to her my logic that i think things that come out of the ground are safe and a great thing, like shrooms and weed. So i worked up the courage and told her that i really think shrooms are a great thing and i do them, and she agreed!! It was great, she even told me about how she use to do them back in the day, and how she did peyote too. I even told her that i am really interested in mycology and i want to grow shrooms, and she is actually thinking about letting me do it. Im gonna do it anyways, but it would be great if i didnt have to keep it secret from her.

Im so happy that she feels the same way about shrooms that i do, and she respects my thoughts on them. Its great to have a hippie mom.  :grin: 

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

Re: A great conversation! [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #1683970 - 07/03/03 03:01 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My Dad phones me asking for 'magic mushroom extract' :laugh: Pity he didn't keep any California Sunshine for me. Hippy Parents are great!

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1683973 - 07/03/03 03:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Very cool....how old are you if you don't mind my asking?

I only ask because I have two teenage girls 15 and 13 and I'm trying to figure out what to tell them and when. I have already taught them quite a bit and im sure they know or at least suspect my past is a bit jaded!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: A great conversation! [Re: Ripple]
    #1683987 - 07/03/03 03:11 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i say 15 is old enough for someone to first try shrooms, a light dose at least. That is only if you feel comfterable letting your daughter try them at that age.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1684040 - 07/03/03 03:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Funny, thing is I was 14 when I first did acid and I smoked dope since I was 12 but I just can't see my kid getting high in a year!

--------------------

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1684058 - 07/03/03 03:47 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

That's really great, man!!! :laugh:

I have hippie parents as well, and even though I have talked to them a few times about their "younger days," I have never had the guts to confess to them about my own drug use.  My mom brings up the subject of pot a lot, and I know she still smokes very very occasionally.  Sometimes it even seems like she is trying to get me to admit that I smoke pot b/c she would like me to get her some and smoke with her!!! 

I would really like to come clean with my mom about what I do, and it would be neat to smoke with her, but at the same time I think it would be really weird.  Also, my mom has really bad lungs and I don't want to support her unhealthiness in any way... If that makes sense.

My parents both know I'm interested in mycology, and they occasionally make some reference to "shrooms," but I really doubt either of them would support me in using or growing them.  I think it's really great that you and your mom have connected in this way and that she's supportive of you.  One of the reasons I am not very close with my parents is because I have so many secrets from them, and this makes it difficult for me to really connect fully with them.

That's the main reason I'd like to come clean to them, at least about my pot smoking, so then I wouldn't have to hide that at least.  I'm fairly sure that at least my mom would be accepting of it, but I'm really not sure whether or not to confess to her because of the reasons I mentioned before.

On a side note, I never did shrooms until I was 18, and I couldn't imagine doing them when I was any younger.  Everyone is different, though.

Peace!

-RebelSteve 

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A great conversation! [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1684091 - 07/03/03 03:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I think the age depends a lot on the individual...some people are just ready at a younger age.

--------------------

OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Loc: United States of America ...
Re: A great conversation! [Re: Ripple]
    #1684162 - 07/03/03 04:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If your kids are happy then don't feed them any. Unless they have some problems in life, which shrooms can heal.

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: A great conversation! [Re: Mojo_Risin]
    #1684196 - 07/03/03 04:33 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I dont think you need to have problems to trip shrooms, its just a matter if they want to or not, and are mentally prepared for it.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: A great conversation! [Re: Mojo_Risin]
    #1684348 - 07/03/03 05:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

> If your kids are happy then don't feed them any.

Funny you should say this.  I would feel more comfortable "feeding" my children mushrooms if they were happy, than if they were emotionally disturbed.  Psychedelics should not be taken lightly, and in the case of a young person who finds themself experimenting with drugs while they are in a bad place mentally - the consequences could be disasterous.

I would suggest (Ripple I'm talkin' to you here), just being honest with your kids.  They will respect you and be more open in discussing their own lives with you if they know that you feel comfortable discussing your own.  Make sure you point out the dangers as well as the benefits in order to make for responsible use should they decide to engage :cool:

Each individual is definitely different and some may be ready sooner than others - however that is a choice for the individual to make, and you can only provide the name of the game and a plethora of information.. they will make the decision themselves and if you've taught them well then I'm sure they'll make the right decision at the right time  :sun:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A great conversation! [Re: geokills]
    #1684518 - 07/03/03 06:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I tend to agree with both of you (Geo and Mojo_Rising) but I don't think that either sentiment can be generalized. Everyone is different and will react differently to the experience. As for me I think that psychedelics did me great good as a kid, I went from an introverted nobody (my own self esteem issue) to an outgoing .........well the rest is history  :wink:

As for my daughters, they have been brought up in a very sheltered catholic school environment, small neighborhood, and both are athletes. However, if the time comes that they want to experiment with any type of drug I want them to be able to get high with them! :grin: 

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Community >> The Pub