Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Real Life...
    #1682835 - 07/03/03 05:19 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

We have many different kinds of people here on the Shroomery and the Political Forum is no different. We range from far right to extreme left (on a flat scale). Do you think this forum represents the Real World? Are the views and ideologies proportionally to the modern world (i can only use America as a comparison so bare with me).

My opinion is is that many of you will be surprised and/or disappointed when you go out into the real world (what i mean by real world is get a job for support and/or raise a family away from the confides of your parents house).

What are your thoughts?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Real Life... [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1682852 - 07/03/03 05:30 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm already in the 'real world' and have been for several years now, since I left at 16.  I agree that once I took off from my family my political opinions probably shifted a great deal, for the better.  I started thinking for myself instead of mimicking my parents views, which I see now as misguided and ignorant, bless them :smile:.   

Do you mean to say that most people who post on the Political forum are young and/or immature?  Just wondering as to your aim. 

-Shade

Edited by EllemyshShade (07/03/03 05:35 AM)

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1682889 - 07/03/03 06:03 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I do 90% of my posting from work so no surprises for me im afraid!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1682893 - 07/03/03 06:07 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Innvertigo said:Do you think this forum represents the Real World? Are the views and ideologies proportionally to the modern world (i can only use America as a comparison so bare with me).

Absolutely not. The average age is way too low and the political leanings are so far to the left that if the Shroomery was a boat it would have long since capsized.

Quote:

My opinion is is that many of you will be surprised and/or disappointed when you go out into the real world (what i mean by real world is get a job for support and/or raise a family away from the confides of your parents house).

Surprised and/or disappointed doesn't begin to describe what many here will feel. It's easy to sit at home in the comfort of your parents house while they pay all or most of the expenses, while you run around bitching and whining.... oh we should do this, oh life isn't fair....

The surprise coming to many here will rattle most and alter the beliefs of more. They won't like it when they get out in the world and find that they are expected to survive on their own.

"If you are not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you are not a conservative at 40, you have no brain." - Winston Churchill

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Real Life... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1682922 - 07/03/03 06:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have a job, maintain a family & live a pretty normal everyday life. So what will have to happen to me to become rightish?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Real Life... [Re: zeronio]
    #1682941 - 07/03/03 06:39 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

zeronio said:
I have a job, maintain a family & live a pretty normal everyday life. So what will have to happen to me to become rightish?

It may never happen to you.

I can't answer for you since if your location is accurate I haven't the knowledge of your area.

But if you were here in the US a great many young liberals get very shocked each time their taxes go up and they see no change to the so called problems. Just more money lost.

They grow tired of some being given benefits as a result of race.

They see criminals get out of jail after commiting serious crimes, only to see the same people commit the same, or similar crimes, while the victims suffer.

They see schools turning out chowderheads.

Fortunately, many grow up.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1682980 - 07/03/03 06:56 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"But if you were here in the US a great many young liberals get very shocked each time their taxes go up and they see no change to the so called problems. Just more money lost."

Oh...so only liberals raise taxes in the US? Never knew that. I must admit its quite a revelation.

"They grow tired of some being given benefits as a result of race."

I agree..Most people the world over know it can be tough being non-white in the US

"They see criminals get out of jail after commiting serious crimes, only to see the same people commit the same, or similar crimes, while the victims suffer."

Another aberation perpetrated solely by liberals? Wow another revelation.

Conservatives good, Liberals Baa-Baa-Baad

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Real Life... [Re: GazzBut]
    #1682997 - 07/03/03 07:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Oh...so only liberals raise taxes in the US?

Even a quick reading of my post will show I didn't say anything about who raised taxes. Try again.

Quote:

Another aberation perpetrated solely by liberals?

Even a quick reading of my post will show I didn't say anything about who liberals being solely responsible for passing laws. Try again.

What I did say, since you seem to have missed it, is that young liberals see these things and are sometimes (not always) surprised by them

And your race theory isn't worth a comment.

--------------------

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

#1683017 - 07/03/03 07:17 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

But if you were here in the US a great many young liberals get very shocked each time their taxes go up and they see no change to the so called problems. Just more money lost.

I also don't want my taxes to go up but I can't see how that could change me. When (if) my taxes go up then I'm angry because it's thrown away for the army while conservatives get mad because of social services.

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

#1683027 - 07/03/03 07:19 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It's all about the value system. For example the army & making war will always be on the lowest possible point with me. I'll never change that opinion.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#1683048 - 07/03/03 07:23 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Reread the post you were replying to Luvvie.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Real Life... [Re: GazzBut]
    #1683117 - 07/03/03 07:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
Reread the post you were replying to Luvvie.

Fortunately for me, I can both read AND comprehend the written word.

If only you, and a great many others, could do the same.

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #1683147 - 07/03/03 07:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This ain't the real world. This is bullshit. Half the fuckin people on here wouldn't have the guts to say what they say on here on the street, face to face.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Real Life... [Re: downforpot]
    #1683182 - 07/03/03 08:01 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

That's what I said. This isn't the real world.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Real Life... [Re: MOTH]
    #1683243 - 07/03/03 08:16 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Do you mean to say that most people who post on the Political forum are young and/or immature? Just wondering as to your aim.

I don't beat around the bush so there is no real "AIM" persay, only my own curiosity as to what people think life is, will be and should be once they're out from the protective layer we call home. I'm fasinated (morbidly i suppose) as to how people think, more noteably why they think. I find it pathetic when someone has the same means as I do and still wants a handout and think they actually deserve it. What causes this?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1683248 - 07/03/03 08:17 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

When (if) my taxes go up then I'm angry because it's thrown away for the army while conservatives get mad because of social services.

My belief is that many, if not most, conservatives have a problem with their taxes being used for unconstitutional programs.

The military is a valid and constitutional usage of these taxes.

Robbing Peter to give the money to Paul, is not.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1683262 - 07/03/03 08:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Absolutely not. The average age is way too low and the political leanings are so far to the left that if the Shroomery was a boat it would have long since capsized.

I agree totally, i just want to hear it from the "horse's" mouth i suppose.

Quote:

Surprised and/or disappointed doesn't begin to describe what many here will feel.

I was overwhelmed myself. But i quickly adapted (military i suppose) to the sudden responsibilty and the dog eat dog attitude.

Quote:

oh we should do this, oh life isn't fair....

I agree, life is Not, Never Has and will continue to NOT be fair. It's called adaptation. If you don't then you will be miserable. (adaptation doesn't mean get a 9-5 and wear a suit)

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #1683544 - 07/03/03 09:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like you're being condescending
and quite presumptuous.

wasn't it Alex123 that mocked all of us
for leaning right because we ate shrooms?
as if the psychedelic experience will do
nothing if not make you a left leaning
liberal hippie.

by the same token you seem to presume that
everyone here lives at home or is young and
yet to leave the nest because they have liberal
points of view.

since they don't buy into your self-described
'mature' point of view, they must all be bottle
fed ingrates?

I think the problem is that we all have feelings
about what's right and wrong and the way
things 'should' be, but, ultimately, the rat race
we've constructed for ourselves slowly drowns
that flame, leaving you moth-like, chasing the
dangling carrot of american "success"

as for saying social welfare programs are theft
while military spending is just is quite ludicrous.

I mean, come on, we spend roughly 1.7 trillion
annually, nearly half of which is attributable to
the military.

source

if we stopped growing the armed forces and
cut spending, it would still be 20 years before
the rest of the world caught up to us, technologically.

think of all the money that we would be able
to put back into social welfare programs...like
education, health care and social security! :smirk: 

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Real Life... [Re: afoaf]
    #1683620 - 07/03/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

sounds like you're being condescending and quite presumptuous.

I'm Being neither of those things, i'm asking a question. If you don't want to answer feel free not to.

Quote:

wasn't it Alex123 that mocked all of us for leaning right because we ate shrooms? as if the psychedelic experience will do
nothing if not make you a left leaning liberal hippie.

If you notice, I never even used the word "liberal" or "conservative". Feel free to re-read what i wrote.

Quote:

by the same token you seem to presume that everyone here lives at home or is young and yet to leave the nest because they have liberal points of view.

If you don't live with your parents then the question wasn't meant for you. Yet again please READ what i wrote.

Quote:

since they don't buy into your self-described 'mature' point of view, they must all be bottle fed ingrates?

taking this a little personal there lil feller aren't ya? See above.

I ignored the rest of your response because it has absolutly nothing to do with my questions. Feel free to ignore my posts in the future.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineBetMomIsProud
Journeyman ofMycology
Loc: MI
Re: Real Life... [Re: afoaf]
    #1683629 - 07/03/03 10:27 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

This is not real world discussion... You've ignored the most obvious, common link we've all got: drugs. Most people interested enough in this sight to make it to this forum are either past or present drug users. This automatically means that you're going to find lots of people here who obviously disagree with a lot of gov't policies and actions. This forum is approximately equal in terms of left vs. right as the NRA message boards are to right wing intrest groups. Not so much an open forum because people who don't agree with us wouldn't visit this sight to begin with...

--------------------
Nothing is idiot proof. Just need a real talented idiot.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder