Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Real Life... [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1722563 - 07/16/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Azmodeus,

Life is so busy right now.. the world.. the undercurrents.. there is so much going on.

Some people think that we are going through a pretty pivotal shift in perceptions of reality.. have you read Aldous Huxley's book, "Huxley and God"?

It is a book of essays that discuss various aspects of life and relationship.  He would agree that alot of life depends on who you know..

:Life is a game,,,,cities full of people running to and from jobs trying to make money so they can finally...live. This eternal preoccupation with wealth and "things", takes away from the experience of life and nature creating things like amercan idol, computers, to take your mind off of reality and numb you enough to work 50 years of your life for nothing. "

It already seems that you have figured out alot.  This is all smoke and mirrors and it just depends on how much you wish to fight that.  This thread focuses on liberals and conservatives and some have tried to break those categories down into the dreamers and the realists because some see what should be and some only see what is.  When you can see the multithreaded fabric of life... that is the ticket.  The world is a terrible, wonderful place.. it is unfair and fair at the same time, cruel and giving... but that balance is obviously out of whack at the moment.  Maybe delving into why the world is in its current incarnation will illuminate the rest of your path and introduce you to the proper connections :smile:

I think that two comments are particularly accurate in response to this thread and why these boards are indicative of real life not the mass produced televised drama unfolding in american homes:

Everyone here lives sheltered lives. - Baby Hitler

Or perhaps because a large number of the people that post here AREN'T American...  -- Rono

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Real Life... [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1724355 - 07/17/03 09:25 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Been on my own now for about three years. And the real world is a terrible place. It is unfair, cruel, uncaring, and what you know doesn't matter worth shit....its who you know. You need to make money, not get a job, and no degree is going to do it for you unless you have connections in that feild or are willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead.

thanks for actually answering the question. I was just curious if what i felt is similar to others.

While i agree with what you posted i don't necessarily think who you know dictates how successful you will be. What i mean is that yes the old phrase "it's not whatcha know, it's who ya know" applies half of the time but i have moved to my position on merit alone. I wish i knew more people along the way but i don't really care to take that tactic.

Quote:

Life is a game,,,,cities full of people running to and from jobs trying to make money so they can finally...live.

You're right, life is a game. You can cheat through nepotism, you can play by the rules or you can make your own rules. It is a game alright but the rules are still VERY unclear and flexible. I don't make excuses to my failures (there's been many) i just learn not to do that which made me fail a second time. Believe me it would be a lot easier to blame my failures on the bosses son or the minority who got placed in a position due to his color. But that's not me, i'll find a way around them obsicles. Complaining gets you nowhere and when you're on the top (and i'm far from it) make sure you don't do what you think is unfair.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order