Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAlienPrimate
Brachiator
PF Classic, Amazonian, Matias Romero, Oh My!
    #1678613 - 07/02/03 12:17 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ok...

In Stamets' book he mentions Matias Romero and Amazonian strains as separate entities. Yet I have seen it mentioned that these two strains are one and the same. Pictures of these strains indicate that the stem retains a circular piece of the veil after the cap opens (as most cubensis pics I've seen do). However, when I personally have seen the PF strain (refered to as Amazonian or Matias Romero) they do not retain this veil. What exactly is a PF classic, then? Can anyone sort this out for me?

--------------------
I said "no" to drugs but drugs just aint takin no for an answer!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PF Classic, Amazonian, Matias Romero, Oh My! [Re: AlienPrimate]
    #1679877 - 07/02/03 09:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

is it really that importaint?

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisibleAlienPrimate
Brachiator
Re: PF Classic, Amazonian, Matias Romero, Oh My! [Re: george castanza]
    #1680435 - 07/02/03 01:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

In the cosmic scope of things, no it isn't THAT important. However, I am curious about the origins of PF classic. Also, I am curious if anyone knows the difference between Amazonian and Matias Romero.

--------------------
I said "no" to drugs but drugs just aint takin no for an answer!

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: PF Classic, Amazonian, Matias Romero, Oh My! [Re: george castanza]
    #1680436 - 07/02/03 01:32 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

well it would be important if one wanted to know if they were going to grow it. Currently im trying to find the information for a strain that was grown. I asked for the strain on the shroomery, but they said it could have been any cubensis strain. I want to know if i can case the strain that i have. Cause i know in the PFtek book it says that the PF strain doesnt case well... unless im just an idiot. I would like some information on that if anyone knows anything... thanks.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: PF Classic, Amazonian, Matias Romero, Oh My! [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1680480 - 07/02/03 02:02 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They are a Cubensis :wink:  The classics I have seen personally are very much darker than the Amazonian, but all Cubensis strains can look similar, there are only subtle variations...

Quote:

Cause i know in the PFtek book it says that the PF strain doesnt case well... 

The only PF Classic grow I have seen personally was grown as a casing, and it performed fine. Pin set was extremely dense, leading to many, many aborts. The yield was smaller than expected but was still acceptable.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PF Classic, Amazonian, Matias Romero, Oh My! [Re: ATWAR]
    #1681022 - 07/02/03 05:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

kramer thinks they are the same strain
kramer says Roadkill would be the one to ask

says kramer

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: PF Classic, Amazonian, Matias Romero, Oh My! [Re: ATWAR]
    #1682437 - 07/03/03 01:45 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yeah the strain that i had, aborted horribly. i was worried my whole cakes were going to rot. But i wonder if this could be corrected by getting the best shrooms. Which maybe in turn make for better fruits and less aborts? or maybe not. I dont know about generations and how aborts, if they become "weeded" out by natural selection? i dont know. i would love to hear some more info though. i have tried to find info about the strain, but im not sure.

the fruits looked strange. they werent whati thought it was going to be. they had flat tops and coloring wasnt what i thought it was going to be either... maybe they sent me something else. i tried to get it identified... but as they said it was a cubensis... but the variations could have been a number of different ones. so i dont know. i will wait and see if any info arises.

--------------------
What?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag