Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bigger Does Not Equal Better....
    #16813 - 05/13/00 10:24 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Chestercopperpot, save some of those weird samples for me! I am very interested in anything unusual from the PNW. I can deal with the smallest amount of spores and I can replace the spores after growout. I am also willing to trade material.

------------------
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply
sporeworks.com

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: Bigger Does Not Equal Better.... [Re: Workman]
    #16814 - 05/14/00 10:52 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

I think that your partially correct..
size doesnt completely determin potency, but correct picking time does.. if you pick right before the veil tears, you have maximum potency/"bang for your buck" as there is both more psilocin/cybin in the mushroom than if it were an abhort, although the ratio may be slightly lower than if you, say picked it earlier(however i doubt it..)..
i dunno.. i usually print, so i have to let them develop anyway

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Anonymous

#16815 - 05/13/00 11:04 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Hey DinoMyc, Do you eat the caps or stems after you print or do you just toss them? I usually toss mine, but I usually only print about 10-20% of my crop so there is plenty to go around.

Peace.

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-
"Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway."

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
    #16816 - 05/13/00 11:50 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

whywhywhy! why would you toss them?
my record so far for a bone dry cap was just shy of an eighth (3.2 or so g's).. that is alot to just throw away!..
i hope your not one of those people who are convinced that caps and stems are so different in potency or quality or anything simmilar..
i keep them.. heh in case you havnt guessed allready

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Anonymous

#16817 - 05/14/00 09:20 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

LOL, no I have always believed that the caps and stems were equally potent. When I grow a batch for consumption, 2-90 Qt terrariums, full to the gills :biggrin: I get around 300+ grams dry and that lasts quite a while. I am not greedy and I would never sell. Plus, I am always growing out spores in my library to maintain viability. I alway have some going and before I know it, I am "returning them to nature" I would say throwing them away, but that is taboo.

Plus, I just got back from Seattle/Vancouver and wild gathered about 75-80 samples so I will be busy isolating and growing out even more now. I took 7 prints of one I havent seen before, the fruits were 11" tall with almost a 6" cap, most unusual for a wild gathered specimen. Definitely actice, extreme blue bruising and the spore deposit was a very dark purple/black, couldn't get the pellicle to separate, but i knew it was active and gave it a try, Huge mistake, with just the cap, I was out of it, and in a strange house, it almost went bad. Very, very strong, Not rocky or wiring, and no nausea like those nasty little PF's. Very promising. I started on agar 2 days ago.

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-
"Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale