Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator
 Arcade Champion: Skeleton Park, Space Hunter

Vancouver gets the Olympics
    #1681244 - 07/02/03 08:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Everybody around here is pretty happy about getting the games, myself included. Maybe I will volunteer to help, probably not.

Not to be a sore winner but the vote was close and I think for the wrong reasons. I'll give a little backround since most people probably havent had the information as available: The votes generally were thought to be between Vancouver and Salzbug(sp?) with the Korea the underdog because of some of the major flaws they had for hosting the games.
This morning the first round of ballots come in and Salzburg is out with only 15 votes(big surprise since there are 104 all together).

So why the hell did Korea get so many votes? I think its because Korea said IF they got the games then North and South Korea would learn to get along and come together to host it. This is further proved in that when Salzburg was elimated 13 of those 15 votes went to Vancouver(giving us 53 and enough to win), those people were clearly not on the "lets make peace in Korea" column.Not to take away from their olympic bid but Salzburg was kicked in the nuts for it as well.

I say Make peace and then ask for the olympics not "hey if you give us the olympics and we might get along otherwise we continue the fighting".

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Vancouver gets the Olympics [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #1681267 - 07/02/03 08:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

unfortunatly its a litte bit more complicated then a mere domestic squabble, North and South Korea were very close to solving their problems (note: prime minister of S.Korea got the nobel peace prize) until bush started talking shit about the "axis of evil" which totally isolated N.Korea and fucked up everything.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator
 Arcade Champion: Skeleton Park, Space Hunter

Re: Vancouver gets the Olympics [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1681686 - 07/03/03 12:00 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

That doesn't chane the fact that Korea insuinated the olympics would solve their problems.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion