Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
Re: Best way to commit suicide where you just fall asleep and dont wake up again? [Re: Baranovich]
    #16787858 - 09/04/12 04:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baranovich said:
If you live in the U.S., jump off the New River Gorge Bridge in West Virginia.

Here's a link to it: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_River_Gorge_Bridge

It's an 876 foot fall from railing to river bed.  It is FOUR TIMES the height of the fall from the Golden Gate Bridge.  It is one of the highest bridges in the world as a matter of fact.

If you jump from this, you'll most likely pass out on the way down, or die from a heart attack in mid-air.  You'll never feel a thing.  No way you'll survive the jump.  Your body hits rocks and shallow water after falling for about 9 seconds in free-fall speed.  Jumping off this bridge is the equivalent of jumping off the 87th story of a high-rise building.

My life is slowly but surely being painted into a corner..I was just not fucking wired for this world, the world has kicked my ass, and the score sheet isn't changing.......this is my choice of suicide.

It's within easy reach, if you live far away from it all you need is a way to get there.  Google map it, get a bus ticket, and take a ride to Fayetteville, West Virginia, the bridge is right there going over Rte. 19. 

Pick your moment, and over you go.

I'm not condemning or supporting suicide, I'm not judging anyone for wanting to do it.  I'm not for or against it.  I'm just answering the OP's question.  No living being inherently WANTS to die, we all have a survival instinct that is very strong. 

But it comes down to how much can a person lose, how much pain/loneliness/ destitution can a person endure, how much can you take away from someone, before that quality of life is simply not enough?

Not everybody was meant for this life.  It's as simple as that.  A million people commit suicide in some way or form on this planet every year, for thousands of different reasons.

I'm not trying to preach, I'm just explaining my motivations for posting this.

I'm not going to insult the OP by giving all the cliche "you should get help", "there is always light".....NO, sometimes there ISN'T.  NO, not all problems in life are temporary.  NO, some problems ARE permanent.  Some things DON'T go away.  You let time go by, and you lose chances.  You DON'T get that back.

All you need is a bus ticket, and enough courage to go over that railing.

Damn.  That's high.  If you actually jump then you have balls.  Some people would say you're selfish and weak but I say the opposite.  If I ever get to the point of wanting to die but the exit bag isn't working and I can't get a hold of barbiturates or a carbon monoxide canister then I'll use that bridge.  Thanks for the info.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaranovich
Magic Hands
Male

Loc: Middle Earth, The Shire
Re: Best way to commit suicide where you just fall asleep and dont wake up again? [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #16787992 - 09/04/12 04:35 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:
Quote:

Baranovich said:
If you live in the U.S., jump off the New River Gorge Bridge in West Virginia.

Here's a link to it: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_River_Gorge_Bridge

It's an 876 foot fall from railing to river bed.  It is FOUR TIMES the height of the fall from the Golden Gate Bridge.  It is one of the highest bridges in the world as a matter of fact.

If you jump from this, you'll most likely pass out on the way down, or die from a heart attack in mid-air.  You'll never feel a thing.  No way you'll survive the jump.  Your body hits rocks and shallow water after falling for about 9 seconds in free-fall speed.  Jumping off this bridge is the equivalent of jumping off the 87th story of a high-rise building.

My life is slowly but surely being painted into a corner..I was just not fucking wired for this world, the world has kicked my ass, and the score sheet isn't changing.......this is my choice of suicide.

It's within easy reach, if you live far away from it all you need is a way to get there.  Google map it, get a bus ticket, and take a ride to Fayetteville, West Virginia, the bridge is right there going over Rte. 19. 

Pick your moment, and over you go.

I'm not condemning or supporting suicide, I'm not judging anyone for wanting to do it.  I'm not for or against it.  I'm just answering the OP's question.  No living being inherently WANTS to die, we all have a survival instinct that is very strong. 

But it comes down to how much can a person lose, how much pain/loneliness/ destitution can a person endure, how much can you take away from someone, before that quality of life is simply not enough?

Not everybody was meant for this life.  It's as simple as that.  A million people commit suicide in some way or form on this planet every year, for thousands of different reasons.

I'm not trying to preach, I'm just explaining my motivations for posting this.

I'm not going to insult the OP by giving all the cliche "you should get help", "there is always light".....NO, sometimes there ISN'T.  NO, not all problems in life are temporary.  NO, some problems ARE permanent.  Some things DON'T go away.  You let time go by, and you lose chances.  You DON'T get that back.

All you need is a bus ticket, and enough courage to go over that railing.

Damn.  That's high.  If you actually jump then you have balls.  Some people would say you're selfish and weak but I say the opposite.  If I ever get to the point of wanting to die but the exit bag isn't working and I can't get a hold of barbiturates or a carbon monoxide canister then I'll use that bridge.  Thanks for the info.

Reefer,

I just wanted to thank you for having the understanding and insight to being open enough to see my reasoning!  You are a rarity and I commend you for that!  Thank you for not judging me and for not throwing the classic lines at me.

As far as this bridge goes, yes indeed, it's a beast.  It's becoming known as "The Golden Gate Bridge of the East".  Jumps off it are becoming a fairly regular occurance.  I believe there have been at least five or six jumps off it in the past couple years alone, maybe more.  Noone has survived it, needless to say.

I was at the bridge in June, I drove 13 hours from my home state with the intention of jumping off it.  I got too scared when I got there.  Pure and simple I fucking chickened out.  HOWEVER, that did NOT mean that I didn't want to fucking die!  I wasn't standing on the edge and suddenly saw my family in my mind, I didn't have some fucking feel-good, life-changing spiritual moment where I realized that people loved me and that I could feel fucking Jesus patting me on the back.....nothing to DO with having some godamn desire to start life fresh.  Nothing of the sort.  I drove home simply because I was too afraid of the actual jump.  I lost my nerve.  Didn't mean I drove home wanting to start life over.

The week in June I spent there was a failure.  A failure because I went there to jump and didn't do it.

I was there at that bridge in June of 2011.  To my great frustration and shame, I could not get up the nerve to follow through and jump when I went there.  I drove home a coward, and was put into a psych. hospital.  But I have the means to go back, I have a car or I can take a bus back there.

I read recently, that after I was there, a woman jumped off in December of 2011.  I think hers was a daylight, afternoon jump.  I believe she was the most recent, unless someone jumped off in 2012.

The one I have the most respect for was a guy who jumped in 2009.  He drove there from Ohio, parked his car on the bridge, and timed it so that he got there at like 4 am in the morning when it was still pitch-black outside.  That guy had the balls not only to jump, but to jump into BLACKNESS, into the DARK...876 feet down into the godamn DARKNESS......AND, to jump into probably really thick mist and night fog. 

That takes some balls, I don't care what anybody says.

--------------------
Conspiracy FACT, NO theory about it.

OfflineBaranovich
Magic Hands
Male

Re: Best way to commit suicide where you just fall asleep and dont wake up again? [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #16788058 - 09/04/12 04:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Reefer,

I was mistaken.  The man I was referring to jumped in I think September of 2008, not 2009.

Here is the article about him:

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/2008/09/new-river-gorge-national-river-iconic-bridge-attracts-suicide-jumpers

--------------------

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Re: Best way to commit suicide where you just fall asleep and dont wake up again? [Re: Baranovich]
    #16788216 - 09/04/12 05:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baranovich said:
Reefer,

I was mistaken.  The man I was referring to jumped in I think September of 2008, not 2009.

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/2008/09/new-river-gorge-national-river-iconic-bridge-attracts-suicide-jumpers

Ok.  Just curious, what is the protocol for when authorities find your corpse?  The best thing to do would probably leave your drivers license and phone number and your suicide note and all that eh?  Then they'd cremate you?  Would they charge your family?  These are things that are probably important to think about if one actually jumps.

--------------------

OfflineBaranovich
Magic Hands
Male

#16788417 - 09/04/12 06:03 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:
Quote:

Baranovich said:
Reefer,

Ok.  Just curious, what is the protocol for when authorities find your corpse?  The best thing to do would probably leave your drivers license and phone number and your suicide note and all that eh?  Then they'd cremate you?  Would they charge your family?  These are things that are probably important to think about if one actually jumps.

That's an excellent question.  As far as I know, basically it's the National Park service staff who are responsible for recovering and bringing your body out, in cooperation with the local police.  From there I imagine you would be taken to a local coroner to be officially recorded as being legally dead.

You are absolutely right. Best way is to probably have your ID and personal info inside a plastic ziploc bag, either have it on you yourself OR even better, leave it in your car if you leave your car parked up on the bridge.  It doesn't take too much to for them to figure out that the car belongs to you, if your body shows up at the bottom and your car parked up on the bridge in the same time frame.

I would have to research it more, but I do not think that the family is charged in any way to have a body sent back to the state to which the person lived.  I could be wrong about that.

Of course, obviously if you are from another state and you jump in W.V., then the West Virginia authorities would have to process you and get your body home for medical processing and the funeral.  Don't know if there would be any money charged to the family for that.  Then again there very well could be, I mean they charge for every other godamn thing when you go in an ambulance or to the E.R.....

The guy who jumped in Sept. of 2008 was actually very organized.  He left all his stuff up in his car, right down to have having sealed notes for different members of his family.  He was pretty methodical about it.  He even printed out his Google Map directions.

There IS one thing about this bridge that I misspoke about.  The one main difference between this bridge and the Golden Gate, is that there is NO lane for pedestrians to walk or ride bikes on the top of the New River Gorge Bridge.  It is designed for vehicle traffic ONLY.  THAT is the only real challenge.  What that means is, if you are going to jump from it, you have to drive onto it, and very quickly make the decision to park your car and jump off. There is a ton of traffic on the bridge, day and night, so if you don't jump right away, you can be sure that someone driving by will call the police within a few seconds.  OR, just time it so that you jump in the wee, dark hours of the morning when there is relatively less traffic.

So you just have to be ready and just not hesitate.

--------------------

Edited by Baranovich (09/04/12 06:04 PM)

OfflineBlackbird33
Stranger

#16788626 - 09/04/12 06:46 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

That does take some serious fucking balls jumping into darkness like that. I live near the George Washington Bridge and Tappan Zee. Tappan Zee isnt that high but GWB is a pretty popular spot for jumpers. I don't know if I could jump I'm scared of heights and I Julius have to be seriously drugged to overcome my fear of the height.

OfflineBaranovich
Magic Hands
Male

Re: Best way to commit suicide where you just fall asleep and dont wake up again? [Re: Blackbird33]
    #16788683 - 09/04/12 07:00 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Blackbird33 said:
That does take some serious fucking balls jumping into darkness like that. I live near the George Washington Bridge and Tappan Zee. Tappan Zee isnt that high but GWB is a pretty popular spot for jumpers. I don't know if I could jump I'm scared of heights and I Julius have to be seriously drugged to overcome my fear of the height.

Exactly, that was my reaction.

When I was at that bridge, I drove over it like 50 times, back and forth, back and forth until I got exhausted.  When I drove over in the middle of the night, trying to get up the nerve to pull over, I kept thinking of that guy who jumped into the darkness and just thought......FUUUUUUCK he had some balls.....

--------------------

OfflineBaranovich
Magic Hands
Male

Re: Best way to commit suicide where you just fall asleep and dont wake up again? [Re: Blackbird33]
    #16788726 - 09/04/12 07:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Blackbird33 said:

Oh hell yeah, the height of the GW scares the crap out of me too...I think the fall from that is like about 220 feet, pretty close to what the Golden Gate is actually....... and to think, those two bridges are only ONE FOURTH the height of the fall the New River Gorge Bridge is, I mean think about that.

The New River Gorge is a beast.  Whether you are for or against suicide, one thing is for sure - you ain't gonna survive jumping off that monster:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_River_Gorge_Bridge

--------------------

OfflineBlackbird33
Stranger

#16791284 - 09/05/12 06:40 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yea you aren't surviving that jump. As it is survive the GG or GWB you would have to be one unlucky or lucky (depending on how you view it) motherfucker to survive that jump. I can't get it out of my head jumping in the middle of the night into darkness and I can't imagine that 4 in the morning there was a lot of cars so it's you the sounds of nature and just a vast darkness. This is example why people who say that a person is a coward or selfish don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

OfflineBaranovich
Magic Hands
Male

#16793608 - 09/05/12 04:50 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Blackbird33 said:
Yea you aren't surviving that jump. As it is survive the GG or GWB you would have to be one unlucky or lucky (depending on how you view it) motherfucker to survive that jump. I can't get it out of my head jumping in the middle of the night into darkness and I can't imagine that 4 in the morning there was a lot of cars so it's you the sounds of nature and just a vast darkness. This is example why people who say that a person is a coward or selfish don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

You're right, people don't know what the fuck they are talking about.  And they don't understand what truly goes through someone's mind in those situations, right in that moment, and what leads up to it.

It's interesting what you said about not being able to get that out of your head about jumping in the dark.  I actually was up there about 4 in the morning a couple different times.  You're right, not many cars, it's pretty quiet.  There's a strong smell of the trees on either side, since you're crossing a gorge that is forested.

One personal thing I wanted to share with you was how surreal it was to be at that actual bridge with the intention of dying.  And to physically be ON IT....it's like when you see pictures of something but have never been there, and then you actually go.  The strange thing was, I actually found myself LAUGHING out loud, in between crying and cursing.  I was laughing out loud because the bridge is so ridiculously high, that when you're on it it's actually f'n funny in a weird way, it's so fucking high up you just laugh at it.  It's beyond ridiculous how high up it is.  The pictures, as spectacular as they are, don't do it justice.

I mean when you're up there, you can feel the difference in the air, you can sense it's different, there's a thing in the air happening, it's really strange.

The other VERY strange thing about the bridge is, when you drive over it during the day.  Unless you knew ahead of time that the bridge was coming up, you CANNOT tell that you're even going over a high bridge while you're in your car.  It's the weirdest thing!  The railings and side barriers are just tall enough that you can't see over them while sitting in your car.  I swear it feels like you're just going over a straight section of highway, there is NO sense at ALL of high up you are.  You can see some trees on either side, but you can drive over it and literally never know you were just 900 feet in the air.

You have to know ahead of time, or actually be out and looking over the edge.

But yeah, I'm the same way with the darkness and the thought that he actually jumped in the night.  I can't get that image out of my head either.  Had to be surreal for the police too, seeing his car parked there in the dark hours of the morning, with the signal on, empty.  no driver, no passengers, no nothing. 

I think that was the most terrifying thing, when I drove over it at night trying to get up the nerve, and not being able to SEE how far down it was, yet KNOWING there was nothing but empty space below, and certain death.  It totally unnerved me.

I do not KNOW HOW FOR THE LIFE OF ME that guy got up the nerve to do that at night, I just do not know how.  I couldn't do it.  I tried, but I just couldn't.  I think if I go back, it will most certainly be a day jump.  I need to see what I'm facing, if that makes any sense.

--------------------

Edited by Baranovich (09/05/12 05:20 PM)

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

#16794534 - 09/05/12 07:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baranovich said:
Quote:

Blackbird33 said:

You're right, people don't know what the fuck they are talking about.  And they don't understand what truly goes through someone's mind in those situations, right in that moment, and what leads up to it.

It's interesting what you said about not being able to get that out of your head about jumping in the dark.  I actually was up there about 4 in the morning a couple different times.  You're right, not many cars, it's pretty quiet.  There's a strong smell of the trees on either side, since you're crossing a gorge that is forested.

One personal thing I wanted to share with you was how surreal it was to be at that actual bridge with the intention of dying.  And to physically be ON IT....it's like when you see pictures of something but have never been there, and then you actually go.  The strange thing was, I actually found myself LAUGHING out loud, in between crying and cursing.  I was laughing out loud because the bridge is so ridiculously high, that when you're on it it's actually f'n funny in a weird way, it's so fucking high up you just laugh at it.  It's beyond ridiculous how high up it is.  The pictures, as spectacular as they are, don't do it justice.

I mean when you're up there, you can feel the difference in the air, you can sense it's different, there's a thing in the air happening, it's really strange.

The other VERY strange thing about the bridge is, when you drive over it during the day.  Unless you knew ahead of time that the bridge was coming up, you CANNOT tell that you're even going over a high bridge while you're in your car.  It's the weirdest thing!  The railings and side barriers are just tall enough that you can't see over them while sitting in your car.  I swear it feels like you're just going over a straight section of highway, there is NO sense at ALL of high up you are.  You can see some trees on either side, but you can drive over it and literally never know you were just 900 feet in the air.

You have to know ahead of time, or actually be out and looking over the edge.

But yeah, I'm the same way with the darkness and the thought that he actually jumped in the night.  I can't get that image out of my head either.  Had to be surreal for the police too, seeing his car parked there in the dark hours of the morning, with the signal on, empty.  no driver, no passengers, no nothing. 

I think that was the most terrifying thing, when I drove over it at night trying to get up the nerve, and not being able to SEE how far down it was, yet KNOWING there was nothing but empty space below, and certain death.  It totally unnerved me.

I do not KNOW HOW FOR THE LIFE OF ME that guy got up the nerve to do that at night, I just do not know how.  I couldn't do it.  I tried, but I just couldn't.  I think if I go back, it will most certainly be a day jump.  I need to see what I'm facing, if that makes any sense.

:hugitout:

--------------------

OfflineBlackbird33
Stranger

#16797964 - 09/06/12 11:11 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Man when you're at that breaking point people just don't understand how fucking deep things have gotten for you. Earlier this week I told my friend how Friday night at 2 in the morning I'm just sitting in the darkness with a knife in my hand thinking how I could end things quickly if I just stuck in my throat. Really the only thing held me back was that I don't want my family to find my body bled out on my bedroom floor. But after sharing my friend was basically oh hey snap out of this funk you're in dont let things get you down. I just dropped the topic because my friend just wasn't comprehending that suicide is very much a real option. But whatever I feel like I'm walking my path alone anyways.

OfflineBaranovich
Magic Hands
Male

#16807685 - 09/07/12 08:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Blackbird33 said:
Man when you're at that breaking point people just don't understand how fucking deep things have gotten for you. Earlier this week I told my friend how Friday night at 2 in the morning I'm just sitting in the darkness with a knife in my hand thinking how I could end things quickly if I just stuck in my throat. Really the only thing held me back was that I don't want my family to find my body bled out on my bedroom floor. But after sharing my friend was basically oh hey snap out of this funk you're in dont let things get you down. I just dropped the topic because my friend just wasn't comprehending that suicide is very much a real option. But whatever I feel like I'm walking my path alone anyways.

Blackbird, I sent you several private messages...check your in-box.

Baranovich

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom