Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Going on a road trip
    #1680467 - 07/02/03 03:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

ok so i live in central illinois close to the capitol. I usaully spend all of my summer at grandpas house Jackson/Jasper county Mississippi where i pick a years worth of stash. But this year is different and i cant go that far south ( time and gas money issues) so im going to b-line it strait souther to Mississippi and i was wanting to know how far south i gotta go, i hear of shrooms growing close to Memphis but i dunno if thats a rarity or whatever, where is it northernmost range of the area of the states im talking about

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (07/02/03 03:57 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Going on a road trip [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1681942 - 07/03/03 01:27 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I doubt that there are cubes or copes in Tennessee.
Maybe P. caerulipes is there. hard to say. p. subbs inthat region are probably over now that summer is here.

Good luck on your trip. Cubes love the south east form Texas to Georgia/Florida.

mj

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Going on a road trip [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1690045 - 07/06/03 02:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i guess i answered my own question though here recently, mushrooms grow in every cattle feild off of 55 south of memphis.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #1690087 - 07/06/03 02:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Really?? Interstate 55, eh? I didn't think cubes grew that far north. I've met several folks here at the shroomery that have said they find cubies in TN, I took that as a rarity and not common place. If they are so abundant up there someone needs to get them confirmed as growing in that state. Dry some out and send em in.

Take some pics too!

And about my water dragon, no hard feelings, didn't mean to be so harsh. I love my animals very much and it angered me that someone was trying to tell me I was improperly caring for my pets. Anyways, take care, have a great road trip, and I hope you find that anual stash that last you through the rest of the year. Bring a camera with you!!

LK,

--------------------

Anonymous

#1690655 - 07/06/03 06:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisiblesubterranean
Peaceful Warrior
Loc: on the road
Re: Going on a road trip [Re: ]
    #1691218 - 07/06/03 10:51 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

it is an every changing inventory isn't it mm?

actually, i would like to know if this inventory increases or decreases in time. or do these increases and decreases cancel themselves out over time.....and the inventory of where these mushrooms grow stay basically the same. if that makes sense.....

--------------------
If you got one foot in yesterday
And one foot in tomorrow
You are pissin' all over today

Anonymous

Re: Going on a road trip [Re: subterranean]
    #1692566 - 07/07/03 10:48 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1692580 - 07/07/03 10:55 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, we had a memphis shroomer posting pics of wild Cubensis only 1 or 2 weeks ago with pictures, so they're up there!

But the thing about building a stash of dried wild shrooms is that the potency is not always there once they are dried, and the potency seems to degrade faster in wild specimens compared to cultivated.

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234

Anonymous

Re: Going on a road trip [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1692590 - 07/07/03 11:00 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblesubterranean
Peaceful Warrior
    #1694739 - 07/08/03 12:13 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

thanks mm.....very interesting. of course, thats what makes this hoppy so cool.....the unknowing what around that next hill or grassy meadow.

--------------------
And one foot in tomorrow

Anonymous

#1696015 - 07/08/03 11:43 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1696068 - 07/08/03 12:15 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

And PSilocybe cubensis would be an extreme rarity north of Georgia. It is a tropical and sub tropical species.

Regarding Mr. Mushroom's comments about Psilocybe cyanescens now appearing in England.

It was first discovered in England in 1945 and named Psilocybe cyanescens Wakefield.

It is also common in the northern hemisphere around the globe throughtout Europe, Baltic countries, Russia and China and the PNW USA..

Just to let you know.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (07/08/03 12:16 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Going on a road trip [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1696130 - 07/08/03 12:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1696361 - 07/08/03 02:46 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I believe it was all over the northern hemisphere since it is worldwide in its distributionin the Northern hemisphere.

Justr like Amanita is in the northern hemisphere around the world. Except they say the hawaiian Amanita muscaria came in with the flash pine trees.

mj

Invisiblesubterranean
Peaceful Warrior
    #1697082 - 07/08/03 07:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

can't believe i typed "hoppy" above.....pretty funny.....ok maybe not.

john.....

ps. cubenis fruits in south carolina. i will prove this come later in july and/or august. and its not a rarity, i been picking aroud the same area for almost 20 years. but if they fruit in where i live now, upstate sc, i'm not really sure.....but hopefully i will prove this too in the next month or so.

--------------------
And one foot in tomorrow

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1702713 - 07/10/03 03:21 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

ok sorry you guys i only get on here like very seldom because im actually on the road trip now and i have to drive far as hell to my cousins house down here to get on the internet, anyways i cant really prove anything cause im not going to take a bunch of pictures of mushrooms when im in the process of getting them and plus im on the road and all that so im low-key as all hell. anyways im not dumb i know a cube when i see one ive even eaten some with my cousin and tripped, anyways yeah the more south i go theres alot more but P. Cubenses do grow in every single feild ive been to so far. I am curently in Birmingham Mississippi wich is like 50 miles northeast of Jackson and mush are here but really rare so im gonna have to take my ass a lil souther if i wanna make this trip worth while ( springfield illinois to jackson mississippi = like 600 miles. i drove straight through too wich was a lil tuff i even hallucinated from sleep deprivation. i cant say anything about cubes being in tennessee cause i never stopped in tenn sooo and plus i highly doubt they are growing there anyways, when a said off of 55 south of memphis i meant in mississippi. anyways um hurry up with the questions cause im hitting the highway again here after awhile

--------------------

Anonymous

#1703531 - 07/10/03 07:24 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Offlinestart1
stragler
Loc: mid eastern utah
    #1714705 - 07/14/03 04:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

hello there fellow traveler!!
I'm also south from seattle to florida..It is too wet down south I think south of orlando it too wet like ten year flood and rains every day don't let it dry out enough..I've done pretty well but all and all its too wet I will be heading the mustang north in the next few days.. don't know about ocala??? well LA looked pretty wet to?? Don't know I will probably head west around the gulf and have a look!! good luck to you and if your south for a few drop an email and I'll meet up and compare notes or have coffee who knows I'll be south as long as it takes the heat to send me back too seattle.. latter
love that name hippy child try and stay cool

--------------------
dance with the devil the devil doesn't change the devil changes you

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Going on a road trip [Re: start1]
    #1732291 - 07/20/03 02:48 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

whats up man yeah mississippi seems to have alot of mush if you get the right feild, mostly theres nothing but po-dunk hicks down here so they dont know much about mush, i showed my grandpa my sack of shrooms and was like have you ever seen these, he points to my ouncle owthers horse and is like when it rains then turns off cold you cant help but find all kinds of them down around that horse pasture, i was like hell yeah somoene who dont know what they are even seen them. so yeah i did all right but i really needed alot more time to hunt i got plenty though so happy huntin in mississippi im gonna have to move my happy ass down there

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification