Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Want to Grow
    #1680254 - 07/02/03 01:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hey all, I'm rather new to the Shroom community, ive tripped 3 times before and i absolutely loved it. Its annoying to have to search hard to find someone to buy off of then maybe not get decent shrooms. So i would really like to grow, but i have some questions.

-Can i really do this? Like do i need to be a scientist to actually grow some decent shrooms?
I dont have very exstensive knowledge of Shrooms, only what i have been reading on this website, so im wondering how much dedication this takes. But i am willing to put a lot into this if i can get something out of it, like some yummy shrooms  :smirk:

-Where is the best place to buy supplies, and i would like to buy the most user friendly grow methods, like the kits i have heard of seem like what im looking for.

-I live with my mom so i would need to be able to do this operation in my closet, is this gonna be possible?

I think thats all the questions i have for now, any help on these would be great, thanks in advance.  :laugh: 

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledannycorona82
Stranger
Re: Want to Grow [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #1680321 - 07/02/03 02:26 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

wrong forum but you can get all the shit you need at wally mart and get a syringe from one of the spore venders in the sponsors forum, but I wouldn't grow in your parents house... very irresponsible

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Want to Grow [Re: dannycorona82]
    #1680343 - 07/02/03 02:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well its just my mom in the house with me, i dont think its irresponsible, she is not the type to search my room or anything so as long as i can keep this operation in my closet its fine. I do see what you mean though.

What do all of you think about the kits that you order and suposedly it is already set up and when put in right conditions they are "promised" to grow legit shrooms. Do you think it would be a better idea to just get the stuff i need at wal-mart like you said, then do the stuff myself? I think it would be more rewarding if i actually grew them myself though.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: Want to Grow [Re: dannycorona82]
    #1680351 - 07/02/03 02:37 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hey man. Glad your interested in growing some of our psycho-active buddies. Starting out you need to order a syringe off of eathier The Little Guy or SporeWorks or anyother Vender that sponsors the Shroomery. Then foolow the PF-Tek method to grow them. Youll be a Mycologist in no-time. Be sterile and be smart. Then you can move up to casing or other bulk teks, and dont worry as long as your smart you wont be caught by your parents. Good Luck!

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?
 Arcade Champion: Maeda Line, Moon Patrol

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #1680353 - 07/02/03 02:37 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The forum SEARCH is your friend. Look up invitro- and then look up "getting yourself or parents arrested."

Your call, but if you're gonna do it anyway.. invitro is the easiest, stealthiest way to go. 'Course it has the lowest yields too..

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: Want to Grow [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #1680354 - 07/02/03 02:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

BTW: Kits are Very Exp. compared to just doing it yourself

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#1680364 - 07/02/03 02:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

LOL I just remember telling my mom that it was from Biology class and a hobby that I would like to explore. Bought it like a charm. And I spent my last 3 yrs of living with my mom growing mushies for me and my friends and pretty much the rest of the high school. Very good and Very Profitable. Not that you should sell!

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

#1680381 - 07/02/03 02:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hey thanks for all the suport MycoCakeEater, u have encouraging words and im deffinitely going to try this. I just need to know what exactly the materials i need for the PF-tek method, a link would be fine because im sure there are other posts that ask this same question. And another question i got for you MycoCakeEater is when i order the syringe is that the same thing as ordering the spores, like do the spores come already inside the syringe?

The thing is that i dont have a credit card so ordering things is going to be hard, but im determined so i will figures it out, pretty much all the materials besides Spores and Syringes i can get locally at stores like wal-mart, or health food stores n shit right?

and what exactly is Invitro, Drink Punk Soda. interesting username by the way lol.

--------------------

Edited by RespectTheFungus (07/02/03 02:58 PM)

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#1680390 - 07/02/03 02:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Invitro is growing the mushies in the glass jar. I sent you a PM,we can talk that way. But any ways here is a link to the PF-Tek: http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23593

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
    #1680426 - 07/02/03 03:26 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

haha myco..i used the exact same thing with my mom
She bought me all the stuff too
she was like "well if it's for school!"
but i dont grow :wink:

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1680434 - 07/02/03 03:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Go to Borders and pick up "The Mushroom Cultivator" by P. Stamets and js chilton. very good basic info for the beginner and experienced.

Wallmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Local supermarket, Pet shops. All places to find supplies.

Invitro is growing inside jars. Simply the PF tek neglected.
Go to Mushmush.nl, they have a very good illlustrated technique.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1681016 - 07/02/03 07:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Want to Grow [Re: Anno]
    #1681089 - 07/02/03 07:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Er, I just looked at this post like 2 times and now just realized its not a growlog... Im moving to mush cult.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Want to Grow [Re: angryshroom]
    #1682101 - 07/03/03 02:07 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Naw, you don't need to be anything special -- you just have to be able to follow instructions and not be a complete iodiot -- and some of the people on here have shown that even those qualifications aren't always necessary.  :wink:

PF-Tek is the easiest way to go.  You will need access to the kitchen for a couple of hours to boil or pressure cook the jars, but I'm sure you can swing that.  Other than that, all the operations can be carried out in your closet.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation