Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Affirmative Action
    #1677674 - 07/01/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

More wise words.

Affirmative Action

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Affirmative Action [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1677709 - 07/01/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

indeed.

Anonymous

#1677716 - 07/01/03 06:48 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm eagerly waiting for the day they come to their senses and 'affirmative racism' is thrown in the fire. Whoever thought of that should be shot.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Affirmative Action [Re: ]
    #1677735 - 07/01/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I never thought the day would come that you'd leave me speechless.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineSolo
enthusiast
    #1678378 - 07/01/03 11:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Here's the proof at how toxic affirmative action is to blacks: Imagine a campus where the university announced that it had abolished all racial considerations in admitting students. How do you think the blacks at that college would be regarded by all other students?

I think that the other students would have increased respect for them and admire them.

And how do you think blacks would regard themselves?

They would feel proud.

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: Affirmative Action [Re: Solo]
    #1678496 - 07/01/03 11:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I somehow don't even think of Affirmative Action when I see a black at school, and I go to U of Michigan. If you abolish all racial considerations in admitting students, but leave all the other extra points or what have you in there, you'll see a dramatic drop in black enrollment, which is already low. Most of the other extra points favor whites. If you're going to take out that special consideration, you have to get rid of the rest, too. I get annoyed when I hear someone complain about blacks getting their spot in a school, but not acknowledging the thousands that got in because their parents got in, or because they were athletes, or because they were from a rural community. Blacks who get into U of M already feel proud because they didn't get in because they were black, they got in because they were qualified. I also hate it when I hear someone say "why not give extra points for a perfect SAT score?" Come on! If you get a perfect SAT score, you're in already!!! Why do you need points?! You can go anywhere you want!

Just be glad they don't use Bush's plan. He thinks the top 10% of all high schools should be able to get in where they want. The problem with this is that the best school in the state and the worst are treated equally, and you'll not only see a lot more blacks in schools that you do already, but you'll see a less qualified student body.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Affirmative Action [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1678546 - 07/01/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

who cares if blacks are proud if there are only 3 of them on the whole campus?

neo cons are right in suspecting that AA is a thinly veiled racial power struggle. either you want whites to LOSE POWER or you don't. we all know where luvdemshrooms stands.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1678612 - 07/02/03 12:17 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

True.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1679171 - 07/02/03 03:51 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I would wholeheartedly agree it is a bad thing if you can prove 100% that there is absolutely no discrimination against black students anywhere in the U.S.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Re: Affirmative Action [Re: GazzBut]
    #1679247 - 07/02/03 04:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Who cares how they feel *in school*? The point of the program is that it gets more blacks *through school*.

As he acknowledges, blacks have a historical disadvantage in our society (to put it mildly) -since wealth has had a much longer time to clump in the white sectors, most of it *is* in the white sectors. Fairness dictates that amends are made (if we are truly sorry about the horrors we caused via slavery.) Now, sure, we could just take the money from white people and give it to blacks, but we all know that that isn't a solution. Much better is to give them a leg up and let them carry their load from there. (I guess the LDS method would be *do nothing and let them rot along with the rest of the poor*?)

Poverty is still disproportionately high among blacks; if it weren't, then I'd agree affirmative action ought not to exist.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Affirmative Action [Re: GazzBut]
    #1679274 - 07/02/03 04:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I would wholeheartedly agree it is a bad thing if you can prove 100% that there is absolutely no discrimination against black students anywhere in the U.S

how is that possible? There will always be racists. There are many who HATE Southerners.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Affirmative Action [Re: Malachi]
    #1679324 - 07/02/03 05:27 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

we all know where luvdemshrooms stands.

Sorry, but it seems you're not smart enough to have caught the jist of the article then.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Affirmative Action [Re: somebodyelse]
    #1679354 - 07/02/03 06:00 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

somebodyelse writes:

Who cares how they feel *in school*? The point of the program is that it gets more blacks *through school*.

Actually, this turns out not to be the case. The flunkout rate of blacks who are accepted by the more prestigious universities (such as U of M) with quota programs is substantially higher than the flunkout rate for whites and Asians. It is also substantially higher than the flunkout rates for blacks at middle echelon universities.

Sowell and others have pointed out that one does no favors to an applicant by accepting him into a program where he is pretty much predestined to fail. If they instead reject his application, he could be accepted by another university with less stringent requirements and a less demanding workload, and end up with a university degree rather than a big hole in the bank account with nothing to show for it.

pinky

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #1679384 - 07/02/03 06:20 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i say get rid of affirmative action as soon as the us spends more money on schools than it does on wars.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineSolo
enthusiast
Re: Affirmative Action [Re: 1stimer]
    #1679808 - 07/02/03 08:59 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

These are some interesting posts. Now why don't you go back...read the article...and honestly answer the two questions that the author asks....without politicalizing.

OfflineBetMomIsProud
Journeyman ofMycology
Loc: MI
    #1679936 - 07/02/03 09:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What I want to know is when they finally convinced white men that they should feel ashamed of the actions of their great-great-grandfathers and take it upon themselves to even the playing field by discriminating against white males of today. I tried to get into U of Mich when I graduated high school, but even with a 35 on my ACT and a 4.0 in high school (including every AP class you could take) I still got put on a waiting list. I entered Michigan Tech with credits equal to that of a sophomore. I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone with this, but f*** affirmative action, U of M, and anyone who disagrees. The American dream is founded on hardwork and persistance, not whether your skin is light or dark. If blacks, hispanics, or whites don't deserve something, they shouldn't get it. It should be awarded to someone who has worked his ass of for it and truly earned it. Everytime I meet a black person who goes to U of M and had a 22 on his ACT and a 2.5 GPA in high school I'm reminded of the fact that I was better qualified, but not allowed in because I'm not "underprivileged" enough. F*** them all.

--------------------
Nothing is idiot proof. Just need a real talented idiot.

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Affirmative Action [Re: BetMomIsProud]
    #1680015 - 07/02/03 10:16 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

no man, fuck you, cause you don't get followed around by the mall security guy. die whitey.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: Affirmative Action [Re: Malachi]
    #1680071 - 07/02/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Now why don't you go back...read the article...and honestly answer the two questions that the author asks....without politicalizing.

Politicizing... what a meaningless word. I thought we were debating.

Quote:

I tried to get into U of Mich when I graduated high school, but even with a 35 on my ACT and a 4.0 in high school (including every AP class you could take) I still got put on a waiting list

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you. Maybe you didn't apply early enough. I went to Wayne Memorial High School, a very low-rated school (our district was given a D- by some newspaper) and we had several get into U of M, including our valedictorian who may have had a 4.1 career, but only got a 29 on the ACT, and he was white. No waiting list for him... he just walked right on in. If you are telling the truth you need to consider other possibilities, like maybe your admission year was more competititive. And finally, stop whining and go fucking somewhere else. Go to U of M-Dearborn or Flint... they're much easier to get into, and at the end, you don't get a Dearborn of Flint degree, you get a U OF M degree.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineSolo
enthusiast
Re: Affirmative Action [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1680188 - 07/02/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Now why don't you go back...read the article...and honestly answer the two questions that the author asks....without politicalizing.

Politicizing... what a meaningless word. I thought we were debating.

[

Are you claiming that you did not understand the jist of my post? Are you afraid to read the article again and honestly answer the two questions that the author asks? I enjoy debating....I was posing a challenge for those that are for affirmative action to read the article and then honestly answer the two questions that the author asks. Are you capable of putting your political beliefs aside for a moment and doing that or not?

OfflineSolo
enthusiast
    #1680250 - 07/02/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

How many people who are in the job market, or aspire to be in the job market, are against things that will help them get a job, a promotion, etc?

How many people in the job market, or aspire to be in the job market, are for things that will work againt them getting a job, a promotion, etc?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom